Nick chasing English superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick chasing English superstar

Looks like all you mini haters are going to get your wish. Personally would rather have RTS at fb and have new centre and a few extra forwards....

POMMY TARGET - STILL on the Roosters, we're hearing car-yard king Nick Politis has already decided how to spend the money that becomes available from Anthony Minichiello's contract in 2014. He is hot on the trail of Golden Boot winner Sam Tomkins. A leading player agent is in England trying to do the deal.

Scroll down to close to the bottom

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport...-1226625045438

Comment

The warriors are after him too. it's been in the NZ papers the last few days

Comment

This pursuit doesn't make sense to me at all so I hope it is just made up innuendo by the media.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

guys, once again, this wonderfully accurate piece of journalism was written by the man himself, Phil Rothfield.
          Honestly, where are we gong to fit him?
          He's asking for $400000+ per year, and the article says he would be minichiello's replacement.
          Is miniciello honestly on $400000 a year? I didn't think so.

Comment

Its no secret that the important people at the club admire tomkins and he is an absolute gun (I would go so far as to say potentially better than slater already). I dont know that we need him but like the jennings signing, it would be hard to complain if he did end up in RWB. RTS will be fine - possibly move to the centres or even stay on the wing a bit longer. I do think picking up young cummins from the dragons could be the wiser choice though. time will tell

Comment

RTS will be a gun fullback. He should be wearing the no. 1 jersey next year.

Comment

I am still waiting for Rothfields pre season news that we had signed Brett Stewart to come to fruition...

Comment

I would have thought mini salary comes from throng serving player allowance. So him leaving doesn't free up anything

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
                    I am still waiting for Rothfields pre season news that we had signed Brett Stewart to come to fruition...
                    and when is craig bellamy going to start coaching us?

Comment

Originally posted by nx1nx1 View Post
                      I would have thought mini salary comes from throng serving player allowance. So him leaving doesn't free up anything
                      $200k of his salary is exempt,which would not leave much to spend if he is on any more.

Comment

$200k of his salary is exempt,which would not leave much to spend if he is on any more.
                        I reckon you're right spanner but I believe Pearce qualifies for the long serving player allowance next year so we could conceivably shave 200 grand off his cap value.

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post
                          I reckon you're right spanner but I believe Pearce qualifies for the long serving player allowance next year so we could conceivably shave 200 grand off his cap value.
                          Pearce qualifies for the veterans allowance in 2015.It kicks in after 8 years service.He debuted in 2007.

Comment

old news see ya SKD
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Pearce qualifies for the veterans allowance in 2015.It kicks in after 8 years service.He debuted in 2007.
                              My mistake. Sorry Spanner.

Comment

Working...
                              X