No announcement yet.

Kennedy to the Wests Tigers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i chatted to marty post match hes his biggest critic even he was happy with his game, by the way he does read whats posted on here, id be quite upset if we do let him go, theres a lot more id release before him, absolute commitment to the roosters and very ficussed on his footy! hes hardly small , if 6'4" is small then thats him, about the same across his shoulders!
    Last edited by stephenj; 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Once Kennedy gets rid of that little stutter before the line, he'll start bending them and be a real force. He generates great initial speed at the start of his run, but it goes to waste when he stutters. It's like watching a fast bowler steam in and then stutter just before bowling the bowl.
      I've noticed that MK's stutter has been improving with each game though, so hopefully it's just an after effect that stemmed from injury (i.e. confidence). Really hope he stays with us.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
        yes i chatted to marty post match hes his biggest critic even he was happy with his game, by the way he does read whats posted on here, id be quite upset if we do let him go, theres a lot more id release before him, absolute commitment to the roosters and very ficussed on his footy!
        I thought the bloke was apparentley intelligent.

Ah well there go's that thought out the window.

Welcome Marty.

Comment

If it's all about peaking at the right time Marty's right on track,improving each week,would hate to see him go,rip in to them Marty.

Comment

Kennedy must stay...we simply cannot be getting rid of big forwards.
            Marty goes well enough to be retained.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
              Starting the game or on the bench is not what it used to be as these days you can play a healthy 30 to 40 minutes off the bench and I get the feeling that the rest Hargreaves and Moa get is a bit longer than we previously saw with Smith's interchange of the props.

I would be surprised if Kennedy is majorly upset at being on the bench to start as the game. The Bulldogs did the same with James Graham it's about tactics not your worth to the team. I would argue Kennedy's role is one out most important and that's to keep the pressure going up the middle. That role is valuable.
              This.

Chook.

Comment

How can people say Kennedy is small??? he is listed as being in the top 5 or 10 heaviest players in the entire comp....

Kennedy is a footballer not just a prop. In the past he has done the 1%ers like dive on loose balls like they were grenades and he plays the whistle which is rear these days among nrl players. Give him a few more weeks I'm sure he will get back to his best under TR. that foot injury really stunted his growth as a player.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj:296825
                  yes i chatted to marty post match hes his biggest critic even he was happy with his game, by the way he does read whats posted on here, id be quite upset if we do let him go, theres a lot more id release before him, absolute commitment to the roosters and very ficussed on his footy! hes hardly small , if 6'4" is small then thats him, about the same across his shoulders!
                  Cool.

Dear Marty, a few things....

Firstly, get up and play the ball quicker.

Secondly, stop giving away dumbarse penalties you big goofy ****.

Lastly, don't stop at the line when you're charging onto the ball for **** sake.

Other than that, all good.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluetill_i_die:296871
                    How can people say Kennedy is small??? he is listed as being in the top 5 or 10 heaviest players in the entire comp....

Kennedy is a footballer not just a prop. In the past he has done the 1%ers like dive on loose balls like they were grenades and he plays the whistle which is rear these days among nrl players. Give him a few more weeks I'm sure he will get back to his best under TR. that foot injury really stunted his growth as a player.

At a listed 122kg I completely agree with the above. He I more than large enough.

The problem is that at that weight he needs to dominate in his runs and in his tackles.

He is too big to be a metre man, so this is probably the only avenue he can take.

I think most are critical on here because we knkw what he could be, and anything less than that means you must automatically go to the tigers.

If what was said above is true and you are reading this Marty: prove the doubters wrong. Bend the line backwards. Force the attacking props who see you veer away. And also, pledge allegiance to the Blues.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluetill_i_die View Post

he is one of the smartest football players going around, ill give him that much. too smart, me thinks.

Comment

Kennedy may be many things but one this he ain't is small. He is a monster he just does not seem to use it

Comment

Originally posted by jethrow View Post
                          Kennedy may be many things but one this he ain't is small. He is a monster he just does not seem to use it
                          I was at the roosters vs dragons game late last year when he flattened josh miller. but that was more of millers fault than it was MK's.

Comment

All the best Marty.

Comment

I will never forget his debut in fist grade I think it was his first run and Pearce throws him a ball as he trips over his own feet and the ball smacks him right in the head. I was in stitches

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                                Cool.

Dear Marty, a few things....

Firstly, get up and play the ball quicker.

Secondly, stop giving away dumbarse penalties you big goofy ****.

Lastly, don't stop at the line when you're charging onto the ball for **** sake.

Other than that, all good.

That is all.
                                My thoughts exactly Greeds but I'd like to add 1 thing if I could

Dear Marty,
                                When you play the Tigers, please put 1 on Anasta's chin. I don't care if you get sent it will be worth it.
                                Add Thaiday to that list and josh Reynolds and I will never call you soft again

Comment

Working...
                                X