Is this Manly's moment of truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Manly's moment of truth?

Everybody's saying that this is our moment of truth but when you look at Manly's record this year they haven't been nearly as impressive as us. Head to head we are the better team, if we play to our potential we should win. I said earlier that all the good Roosters sides have won at Brookvale, it's only the crap ones that have been lapped. If I was a Manly supporter I'd be very worried.

if you were a mandy supporter you would be on here....lol

your right ray, they didnt put merge away and they had the ability to. it ended up a 6 point win. Mandy will find it had to get out of their defencive area by the hand and im tipping alot of thru the line grubber kicks from dce to our fearless leader captain. also will see bombs at the goal post by them.

we will roll them at the end of both halves, an katai will rub his shoulder 3 times during the game and stay down twice after being either sonny billed or jarreded. their only threats is whatnow and dce
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Its the old war horse up against the new kid on the block. The new kid looks the goods and is flashy and all that, but can he handle the battle hardened mental toughness of the old warrior? Manly will try and bash the crap out of us. They will be physical and aggressive to the extreme to see whether we are up to the challenge. If we are, we will win in the end. If we still have a soft underbelly then we will be exposed.

Comment

It's round 9, so it's no-ones moment of truth

Comment

I'd be pretty confident about my forwards if I were a Manly supporter.

Comment

Let them muscle up on LOD . Ah I still remember that origin game, he ripped half that team a new arsehole on his own & showed us Dave Taylor was just a big nuffie

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NyGIPcGH0iY

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                Its the old war horse up against the new kid on the block. The new kid looks the goods and is flashy and all that, but can he handle the battle hardened mental toughness of the old warrior? Manly will try and bash the crap out of us. They will be physical and aggressive to the extreme to see whether we are up to the challenge. If we are, we will win in the end. If we still have a soft underbelly then we will be exposed.
                That's exactly how I see it. Matai & SBW will be on the same side of the field so should be interesting. The 2 games we have lost our forwards were dominated, so as long as our forwards aim up, we should have too much class for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                  thanks beetroot face

Comment

I was expecting Manly to battle to make the 8. For me they have been pretty impressive. Love their style of game. Why on earth would it be their moment of truth. They have nothing to prove, we have plenty.

Comment

I am not sure Manly have the class to win the comp but they certainly have the grunt and toughness to be thereabouts.

Monday will be a serious challenge and I am excited to see how we match up.

Comment

I like our chances.

Comment

I think Sam Moa is a massive loss for us. When he went off injured against the penny packers we lost our go forward. He has been huge for us this season and I doubt Kennedy et al have the mongrel to take on womanly up front. In saying that though snake is a huge loss for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                            I agree.

The run to the finals is what matters. Momentum post-Origin is everything.

But if we win this, it'll be huge.

Go Easts!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr:301104
                              Everybody's saying that this is our moment of truth but when you look at Manly's record this year they haven't been nearly as impressive as us. Head to head we are the better team, if we play to our potential we should win. I said earlier that all the good Roosters sides have won at Brookvale, it's only the crap ones that have been lapped. If I was a Manly supporter I'd be very worried.
                              Raymond I will never forget that game at the SFS last year or the year before when half their team was out injured, the other half were sick, the coach was diagnosed with leprosy, half their cheer girls had thrush, and all their pets had died.

AND THEY STILL SMASHED THE CRAP OUT OF US!!!!!

Foran smashed Pearce. We got smashed on the scoreboard. And I smashed our cat.

Manly always scare the hell out of me.
                              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Working...
                              X