Is this Manly's moment of truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kakaruk:301242
    Manly have played a very agressive style game and it has worked well against us in the past.But this is a diffrent easts side this year.They have some tough boys in the chooks pack this year, we have the heavyweight champion of NZ in the back row so if any of the manly wannabee tough guys feel like having a crack then step right up boys Sonny wont be intimidated neither will JWH and young Cordner.Kennedy has to step up on monday night, this game will show how much ticker hes got and im hoping he will have a big game.We will cut tham to shreds out wide.Chooks by 14.
    Its a mouth watering contest alright...let's have a one night amnesty on the shoulder charge...

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
      Raymond I will never forget that game at the SFS last year or the year before when half their team was out injured, the other half were sick, the coach was diagnosed with leprosy, half their cheer girls had thrush, and all their pets had died.

AND THEY STILL SMASHED THE CRAP OUT OF US!!!!!

Foran smashed Pearce. We got smashed on the scoreboard. And I smashed our cat.

Manly always scare the hell out of me.

Great post - very funny

Comment

No the semis are really.

Comment

Originally posted by ARES View Post
          I'm expecting something special from JWH with this game,take it up another level and lead the forwards in this epic battle.
          FPN should be chomping at the bit getting back in the side and when he's on he can be devastating.
          We need Marty to fire which he will after seeing JWH tear it up.
          Roosters by 16.
          Right now there's daylight between JWH and kennedy, and I can't believe Marty's still in the 17 to be honest..

A waste of a bench spot which would better be served with someone else with a bit more guts in tearing

the opponents imo.

Comment

I tend to agree with Ray Stehr alot of the teams that the Roosters have run out to play Manly down at Brookie when we have been toweled were pretty ordinary sides, this current Roosters side & coach are very good so I really feel they can match it with Manly.

No Brett Stewart & I think King is out plus Glen Stewart is only at around 80% & I dont really rate Horo. Toms a worry though, come out & have a blinder.
            DCE & especially Foran are the 2 that need to be worked over & Pearce has make sure that he doesn't get into a personal dual with his best mate Foran because Foran will show him up.

The Roosters have to allow Maloney to be the 5th tackle option kicker when the Roosters are in the oppositions 20, rolling the ball into the ingoal getting repeat sets until they score. Dont worry about Pearce cross field bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
              I tend to agree with Ray Stehr alot of the teams that the Roosters have run out to play Manly down at Brookie when we have been toweled were pretty ordinary sides, this current Roosters side & coach are very good so I really feel they can match it with Manly.

No Brett Stewart & I think King is out plus Glen Stewart is only at around 80% & I dont really rate Horo. Toms a worry though, come out & have a blinder.
              DCE & especially Foran are the 2 that need to be worked over & Pearce has make sure that he doesn't get into a personal dual with his best mate Foran because Foran will show him up.

The Roosters have to allow Maloney to be the 5th tackle option kicker when the Roosters are in the oppositions 20, rolling the ball into the ingoal getting repeat sets until they score. Dont worry about Pearce cross field bombs.
              And you take a 195cm bow out of our arsenal = dumb idea.

I dunno about a moment of truth, but I've not looked forward to a game this much for a decade. Can't wait for Monday to get here...I feel dirty just saying that.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                And you take a 195cm bow out of our arsenal = dumb idea.

I dunno about a moment of truth, but I've not looked forward to a game this much for a decade. Can't wait for Monday to get here...I feel dirty just saying that.

Chook.
                True, but in all fairness, I don't think that Pearce's attacking kicking game has improved this season. He doesn't do that much kicking in games recently and he has focussed more on his running game, which in my opinion is the right thing to do. I think that Maloney needs to take charge of the team's attacking kicking plays.
                Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

All I know is we've only won at Brookvale 11 times ever in about how many decades? So it's more our moment of truth than Manly's. It will be a big test to see where we really are at. I hope we have a big one! Go Easts!!

Comment

Working...
                  X