No announcement yet.

Graham a Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank the Lord, we've finally signed a player in the backline who actually has some experience in the game, rather than another inexperienced yawnion risk.

Anyone else think it strange how Carney has still not officially signed? I'm wondering whether he's baulking at some of the 'conditions' in the contract he's been offered.

NC
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
      Thank the Lord, we've finally signed a player in the backline who actually has some experience in the game, rather than another inexperienced yawnion risk.

Anyone else think it strange how Carney has still not officially signed? I'm wondering whether he's baulking at some of the 'conditions' in the contract he's been offered.

NC
      yeah mate very odd.. an article linking us to ryles today is still saying that

'the roosters have been linked to todd carney'

when supposidly its a done deal. i thought it was to be announced on our last game.

but then why would he appear in a roosters jersey on the roosters website??

very odd....

Comment

NC
        I am a little... from all reports the club are eager... he is eager... I don't understand the hold up? Only thing I could think of is the club are waiting for a better time to announce it like in the off-season when not as many people will care. Either that or he's still reading through the list of DO NOTS in his contract.

Comment

NC
          Maybe the club has a get out clause inserted when the deal was done 6 months ago.

I hope so as I think the money can be better spent elsewhere

Comment

NC why do delays in signing need to be a negative from Carney's part???

Do you think it may be the NRL holding things up? Maybe the club??? brian Smith??

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
            To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
            At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
            Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
            The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
              NC why do delays in signing need to be a negative from Carney's part???

Do you think it may be the NRL holding things up? Maybe the club??? brian Smith??
              I thought the NRL had given him the green light, so to speak.

And I'd be more than happy if the Club and Smith had a change of heart, as I'm not sure he's the type of person we need at the moment.

I reckon if all parties were happy with the terms of the contract, it would have been a done deal before now. So it's either cold feet on the Roosters part, or refusal to accept conditions on Carney's that's holding it up.

NC
              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I heard that he signed the contract this afternoon.

Comment

Carney and Phil Graham are very good mates.

Comment

I thought the NRL had given him the green light, so to speak.

And I'd be more than happy if the Club and Smith had a change of heart, as I'm not sure he's the type of person we need at the moment.

I reckon if all parties were happy with the terms of the contract, it would have been a done deal before now. So it's either cold feet on the Roosters part, or refusal to accept conditions on Carney's that's holding it up.

NC
                    Novice, the type of blokes you think we need dont exist. We need winners....they all drink. They just need to be disciplined. Smith will bring that. We need winners. Not nice guys that try hard.
                    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Now that we have signed Graham i wonder if we could squeeze Luke Burt in under the cap,he would further strengthen our backline,safe as a bank,very good goal kicker,interchange between wing and fullback with Mini and Perrett and would allow Phil Graham to play centre.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                        Now that we have signed Graham i wonder if we could squeeze Luke Burt in under the cap,he would further strengthen our backline,safe as a bank,very good goal kicker,interchange between wing and fullback with Mini and Perrett and would allow Phil Graham to play centre.
                        dont know if id like to see graham in the centres tbh. I think defensively he can be vulnerable there at times as he is quite lean and quick - better suited out wide as he is such a competent finisher. I would have loved for us to have signed either ash graham from the cowboys or ben farrar also from the cowboys. Both would have come relatively cheaply and offer good backline coverage and are two very talented young players that would be more than handy without breaking the bank much like graham (phil) who i think that if he can stay on the field could have a similar effect to that of brett mullins. He has always had the natural ability just a career hampered by injuries. With the combination he already has with carney in place, we could have a backline with plenty of points in it this year imo.

With the talented youngsters coming through and the club appearing to be making wise recruitment choices, the future is looking mighty bright and i think 2009 will be soon forgotten .

Comment

Graham was signed to play in the centres. He is a like-for-like replacement for Cross in age, build, and injury rate, and Smith was apparently after an experienced centre anyway. He is the one we got.

Like I said, we should pick our most EXPERIENCED backline next year:

1. Minichiello
                          2. Perrett
                          3. Aubusson
                          4. Graham
                          5. Kenny-Dowall

Out of all our outside backs, these guys have the most experience. Sonny Tuigamala, Sisa Waqa, Iwi Hauraki, Sandor Earl have played barely any first grade, whilst Ryan Williamson, Kane Linnett, and Steve Naughton have played no first grade at all. Would rather not throw those kids in the deep in end straight away...

That, and I don't think we are desperate enough to play Setaimata Sa or Ben Jones in the centres.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
                            Graham was signed to play in the centres. He is a like-for-like replacement for Cross in age, build, and injury rate, and Smith was apparently after an experienced centre anyway. He is the one we got.

1. Minichiello
                            2. Perrett
                            3. Aubusson
                            4. Graham
                            5. Kenny-Dowall

Out of all our outside backs, these guys have the most experience. Sonny Tuigamala, Sisa Waqa, Iwi Hauraki, Sandor Earl have played barely any first grade, whilst Ryan Williamson, Kane Linnett, and Steve Naughton have played no first grade at all. Would rather not throw those kids in the deep in end straight away...

That, and I don't think we are desperate enough to play Setaimata Sa or Ben Jones in the centres.
                            Sa will be very lucky if he is even wearing our colours next year.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                              Sa will be very lucky if he is even wearing our colours next year.
                              He's lucky he's not wearing prison clothes...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post

1. Minichiello
                                2. Perrett
                                3. Aubusson
                                4. Graham
                                5. Kenny-Dowall

sorry Mack cant see him playing centres and dont know where you get your like for like with Ryan Cross from. As for experience I know he played for the Phins at centre but I would have thought most of his Raiders games were on the wing.

Comment

Working...
                                X