Graham a Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
    sorry Mack cant see him playing centres and dont know where you get your like for like with Ryan Cross from. As for experience I know he played for the Phins at centre but I would have thought most of his Raiders games were on the wing.
    I previously mentioned, that in all his successful seasons (not including this year), he has played the majority of the games at centre.

2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 were his successful years (2002 was his debut season, 2004 and 2008 he missed because of injury)

In those 4 seasons, he played 70 games, in which he played 64 at centre, and 6 on the wing. Also, during those seasons, he scored 41 tries, made 46 linebreaks.

He only played wing this season, because of Monaghan and Croker being in hot form. Otherwise he would be first picked.

He is a centre.

Comment

I think he was bought to be a centre......I'm not convinced we have a winger that could keep up with him though so not sure how that will work.

I am seriously fascinated to see what Smith starts with, wish it was time for trials already

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
        I thought the NRL had given him the green light, so to speak.

NC
        No NC, all the NRL did was give permission to negotiate.

But as horry said, he may have signed this arvo

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
        To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
        At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
        Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
        The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Too small for a centre. His wiry frame will get dominated when defending our line.

Comment

It won't make a difference.

But if worst comes to worst, we can defend SKD inside of him, at least SKD is big.

Comment

The way centres are bred these days, i think it will make a big difference. Not only will he have to defend 2nd rowers, but centres that are shaped like second rowers. Defending our line, i just don't like having him in that position. That was the reason why i was against Benny boy playing centre from the start.

He seems like a real try thief. If it was up to me, i'd play him on the wing where he looks very comfortable.

Comment

When I watched the Raiders play this year I noticed that Phil would alternate with that star in the making Jarrod Croker; in attack Phil would play wing outside Jarrod and in defence they would swap. So, Phil is versatile it seems.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X