No announcement yet.

Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how a positive thread on here so quickly turns negative.
    I am loving your vibe this year Ray, and I too am extremely proud of the way they are going this year! Last night in such shithouse conditions, coming off a short turnaround, against quality opposition and given no favors was an outstanding effort to win!!

We defeated two high quality sides in manly and the cowgirls 'legitimately' away from home, unlike $ouff$ who had the video refs help them beat those two sides!
    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
      I've been reminiscing the last few weeks & also think there is a strong likeness to the 74-75 team. Like the '70's team we are this year hurting the opposition as well as frustrating them with their attack.... for the full 80 mins. You could see the ???? with the Cowboys. They didn't know how to deal with it.
      I like that
      Yes Chook and Ray - showing my age here yet it a shame our younger fans never saw the 74-75 teams not just because they won comps but how they played during those seasons when it was a 5 metre rule and no interchange

Comment

The 74,75 team was a team of champions and a champion team. The 2013 team is a team of champions and hopefully in October I can also call them a champion team.

Comment

Pearce is no longer ever ordinary, he is such an obvious class above most other halfbacks!

Comment

pearces problem last year was his consistency, one game he was awesome the next did nothing. This year with maloney taking some of the pressure off has really helped him i think.

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
              pearces problem last year was his consistency, one game he was awesome the next did nothing. This year with maloney taking some of the pressure off has really helped him i think.
              When he has a less than great game - it's made up for by others around him. He doesn't have to do it all on his own. Last year he was the sole attacking organiser. No player is capable of constantly performing at peak. The difference this year is he is in a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                He was 4th for try assists in a struggling team with no five-eighth, behind a pack that was beaten in 9 games out of every ten. He did remarkably well.
                Copy that.
                Some just don't get what is req'd to be a successful team.
                Ironically it's spelt out on the team sheet.
                Props, hooker, backrowers, halves, centres, winger, fullback.
                All need to perform for any one to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                  Pearce was rubbish last year and you know it.
                  Agreed.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                  X