Stupid channel 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid channel 9

They've missed out on Storm v souffs, Easts v Manly, Manly v Storm and Easts v Storm. Whoever picks their games must work for Foxtel.

No worries they got tigers vs souths.

Comment

Not picking Manly V Storm is amazing seeing the games they have played over the last 5 years

Comment

They aren't showing the Easts v Manly rematch at the SFS either.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1967 View Post
          Not picking Manly V Storm is amazing seeing the games they have played over the last 5 years
          Melbourne don't rate.

Stuff it. I prefer my matches live and in HD to the garbage 9 dishes up anyway.

Comment

they can only get so many of the top games.the rest they need to hope it turns out in their favour.. they wouldnt have rated us at the beginning of the year which is understandable.

Comment

Ch9 pick games based on which teams draw the biggest TV audience, not which games are the best. Because the former is what makes them the most money...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                Ch9 pick games based on which teams draw the biggest TV audience, not which games are the best. Because the former is what makes them the most money...
                Agree with that in theory, but you'd think the best games are the ones which would actually draw a bigger tv audience ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  Agree with that in theory, but you'd think the best games are the ones which would actually draw a bigger tv audience ?
                  Low quality games was always going to be the possibility with a draw set in stone 4 months before kick off,but kudos to the NRL for insisting on this format and looking after the fans first.
                  I bet ch 9 will be rallying hard to change it again for next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr;
                    Whoever picks their games must work for Foxtel.
                    Hahaha....good call.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster_booster View Post
                      Melbourne don't rate.

Stuff it. I prefer my matches live and in HD to the garbage 9 dishes up anyway.
                      This.

I do feel for those without Foxtel but man, its coverage and the quality of the picture are far far superior to Channel 9. I'd prefer us never to be on 9 and its Blurrovision.

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
                        Low quality games was always going to be the possibility with a draw set in stone 4 months before kick off,but kudos to the NRL for insisting on this format and looking after the fans first.
                        I bet ch 9 will be rallying hard to change it again for next year...
                        Its built into the new contract so I don't think they can change it.

Would be nice if they just spread it around so every club gets 5-6 games at least.

It's a joke that the Tigers get 13 FTA games and the Raiders (I understand they don't rate) get one. It was obvious to everyone which one of them would do better this year and be more entertaining to watch.

Comment

How much easier it was when Rex Mossop would decide on the monday which game he would broadcast on the following sunday !

Comment

Why do they have so many Tigers games on. This is the thing that annoys me most, such low quality games. I agree that they should schedule dates etc for 20 rounds ahead. But please only headstart tv for 6 rounds. E.g in 2012 we thought Tigers were gonna play exceptionally high qulaity footy. Nek minnut they play crap and we have to watch em, same3 with Broncos but at least they rate high.

Do they think that they'll become more profitable by putting Broncos games on because they rate high. Im telling you even if they put Sharks vs Raiders which no one cares about, it will still rate high because its entertaining. AND there is absolutely jack on FTA on friday night so we'll watch either League or AFL. They have nothing to lose not putting on Broncos/Tigers 50% of the time.

I want good quality football not Wests Tigers dribble

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                              How much easier it was when Rex Mossop would decide on the monday which game he would broadcast on the following sunday !
                              There wasn't the calamitous television sideshow involved back then. I suspect we'll get arse cams before long.
                              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                              X