Best of the Ex's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the Ex's

Was bored and thought I would put together a team of our ex players who are currently playing;

1. Justin Hodges (no ex fullbacks because mini has been here for years)
    2. Sisa Waqa
    3. Kane Linnet
    4. BJ Leilua
    5. Sam Perret
    6. Braith Anasta
    7. Todd Carney
    8. James Tamou
    9. Mark Minichello (cant think of any ex hookers)
    10. David Shillington
    11. Nate Myles
    12. Willie Mason
    13. Ashely Harrison

14. Nigel Plum
    15. Jason Ryles
    16. Anthony Tupou
    17. George Rose

After putting together this team I am happy to say that we have recruited well and gotten rid of a fair bit of garbage

Ant Mitchell for hooker

Comment

Ben Hannant onto starting side... Pillow to bench .George Rose to Reggies.
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
        Was bored and thought I would put together a team of our ex players who are currently playing;

1. Justin Hodges (no ex fullbacks because mini has been here for years)
        2. Sisa Waqa
        3. Kane Linnet
        4. BJ Leilua
        5. Sam Perret

6. Braith Anasta
        7. Todd Carney
        8. James Tamou
        9. Mark Minichello (cant think of any ex hookers)
        10. David Shillington
        11. Nate Myles
        12. Willie Mason
        13. Ashely Harrison

14. Nigel Plum
        15. Jason Ryles
        16. Anthony Tupou
        17. George Rose

After putting together this team I am happy to say that we have recruited well and gotten rid of a fair bit of garbage
        I think that the linesmen and ball kids on the outside of them would beat those two for pace.
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabag Fletch View Post
          Ant Mitchell for hooker
          Craig Wing.As much as I hated him for ditching us for souffs, he was a very good footballer whether he played at halfback or five eigth.

Ant Mitchell can't get a game for the cowboys this year.
          Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Any of the following should be able to make that squad: Antonio Winterstien, Rory Kostjasyn, Glenn Hall, Tom Symonds, Brad Takairangi

Comment

I don't look at too many of those names with regret. There are some good players there, but reasons for each of them being released. Hodgo want out of the Roosters, Tamou had (has) attitude/discipline problems, Shillington got offered a truckload from the Raiders, Myles was (is) a grub of the highest order in so many ways, Carney is regrettable, but he was (is) a drunk and we have him covered in the halves now anyway.

Maybe we should've kept Linnet instead of SKD, but at the time, you would've never said that. And its not like we let Greg Inglis go - Linnet is a solid first grader at best.

The list is actually a wrap on our recruitment policy.

Comment

Can we add the following to the list:
                - Fifita (who was a tiny < 70kg winger... too light for our wing.)
                - Sandor Earl (was sacked with Jake Friend for not actually hitting anybody. Decent form with the Raiders but no Sheck/Tupou IMO.)
                - Watts... is in even more trouble now (2 days ago.) The courts should have punished him big time for his first offence, he just never learns.
                - Willie Wanka is OKAY at best (with Wayne cracking the whip and forcing discipline, something no other coach can do with him IMO.)
                - Peni Tagive has just started a college gridiron career. Injury always seemed to hamper him and I never saw him amaze, but best of luck to the guy.

Comment

The only ones I think we miss are Fifita (had we known he was a forward) and maybe Brad Taka. But as he's being used by Carty in the centre's maybe he'd not be missed in the forwards.
                  SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

I'd have kept Shillo if we could have. Tamaou would have been a bigger loss if he wasn't such a twat.

Comment

Captain should be Cherrington...vc soward

Comment

How can people be mentioning Winterstein, Tamou, Fifita, Kostjasyn...these guys never played for us in firsts. No point mulling over that.

Fullback - Sam Perrett
                        Right Wing - Joel Monaghan ('lewd' act or not, he was a quality player on his day)
                        Right Centre - Justin Hodges
                        Left Centre - Kane Linnett
                        Left Winger - BJ Leilua
                        Five-Eighth - Braith Anasta
                        Halfback - Todd Carney
                        Front Row - Adrian Morley
                        Hooker - Craig Wing
                        Front Row - David Shillington
                        Back Row - Anthony Tupou
                        Back Row - Nate Myles
                        Lock Forward - Ashley Harrison

Hooker/Utility - Jamie Soward
                        Back Row - Tom Symonds
                        Front Row - Willie Mason (great 2008, crap 2009)
                        Front Row - Ben Hannant

Mark Minichiello (think he only played 1 game though), George Rose, Heath L'Estrange, Joel Monaghan, Lopini Paea, Mickey Paea, Richard Fa'aoso, Nigel Plum, Sia Soliola, Setaimata Sa, Shane Shackleton, Anthony Cherrington, Sisa Waqa, Sandor Earl, Brad Takairangi and Anthony Mitchell are all unlucky.

Mark O'Meley, Mick Crocker and Jason Ryles both have one foot in the retirement homes (i.e. confirmed retiring at the end of this season). Former Roosters Amos Roberts, Phil Graham, Chris Flannery, Jason Cayless, Todd Byrne, Todd Payten, John Williams have all retired after moving on, FYI.

NOTE: I am aware that Morley is near retirement and might not play on next year. If so, throw Rose, Paea, Fa'aoso or Plum into the pack.

Comment

I miss Bwaiff
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
                            How can people be mentioning Winterstein, Tamou, Fifita, Kostjasyn...these guys never played for us in firsts. No point mulling over that.

Fullback - Sam Perrett
                            Right Wing - Joel Monaghan ('lewd' act or not, he was a quality player on his day)
                            Right Centre - Justin Hodges
                            Left Centre - Kane Linnett
                            Left Winger - BJ Leilua
                            Five-Eighth - Braith Anasta
                            Halfback - Todd Carney
                            Front Row - Adrian Morley
                            Hooker - Craig Wing
                            Front Row - David Shillington
                            Back Row - Anthony Tupou
                            Back Row - Nate Myles
                            Lock Forward - Ashley Harrison

Hooker/Utility - Jamie Soward
                            Back Row - Tom Symonds
                            Front Row - Willie Mason (great 2008, crap 2009)
                            Front Row - Ben Hannant

Mark Minichiello (think he only played 1 game though), George Rose, Heath L'Estrange, Joel Monaghan, Lopini Paea, Mickey Paea, Richard Fa'aoso, Nigel Plum, Sia Soliola, Setaimata Sa, Shane Shackleton, Anthony Cherrington, Sisa Waqa, Sandor Earl, Brad Takairangi and Anthony Mitchell are all unlucky.

Mark O'Meley, Mick Crocker and Jason Ryles both have one foot in the retirement homes (i.e. confirmed retiring at the end of this season). Former Roosters Amos Roberts, Phil Graham, Chris Flannery, Jason Cayless, Todd Byrne, Todd Payten, John Williams have all retired after moving on, FYI.

NOTE: I am aware that Morley is near retirement and might not play on next year. If so, throw Rose, Paea, Fa'aoso or Plum into the pack.
                            You can add Lewis Brown to your 51 man squad. He played Under 20's for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                              You can add Lewis Brown to your 51 man squad. He played Under 20's for us.
                              Whoosh - right over the head mate. Nobody who DIDN'T play first grade for us should be considered. At all.

I did miss someone though. Good ol' Funchy. Is he retired or still playing reserves for Storm?

Comment

Working...
                              X