No announcement yet.

mason has to mason has to go mason has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats really true of all our senior players though isnt it not just willie. we have so many young guys, our senior boys need to really step up and play to the game plan. I'm sure smith won't suffer any player who doesn't wanna play his game... in fact i'd say all coaches are the same.... !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by my_dogs_named_fitzy View Post
      thats really true of all our senior players though isnt it not just willie. we have so many young guys, our senior boys need to really step up and play to the game plan. I'm sure smith won't suffer any player who doesn't wanna play his game... in fact i'd say all coaches are the same.... !!!!
      With the exception of Farkwit Fittler who appeared to have no game plan to begin with and to top if off tolerated consistent below par performances from most of his players without punishment.

Apart from Mini, Myles, Anasta and the Wanka we don't have that many what I would call 'senior players'. Others have a few years experience but are still very young in real terms.

NC
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

how the **** mason is gonna work with smithy, fitzy,becuase that cheating **** hasnt been in fkn sydney for 5 weeks.
        he is the only player that smith hasnt spoken to,for obvious reasons.
        Thats me.
        Every forum has a smart arse like Fitzy,that wants to indirectly put shit on ppl,that would be me,for mentioning anything that hasnt been witnessed,stamped,checked,and double checked.
        No fitzy boy,past glory no bitey today.
        End of subject.

Comment

Willie's on a nice holiday in Nth Queensland checking out the investments and youre all jumping like bunnies. The next roosters captain will be back in 2 weeks time to start official pre season training.

He will prove a few things in 2010...mark my words.
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Has his fiance taken Dell's place this time?

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
              Willie's on a nice holiday in Nth Queensland checking out the investments and youre all jumping like bunnies. The next roosters captain will be back in 2 weeks time to start official pre season training.

He will prove a few things in 2010...mark my words.
              He will prove that he can be an even bigger ****wit in 2010.

Comment

Even if they have to pay him to jerk off on a park bench outside the SFS for the season he will not blacken our porch again. He won't even be there for pre-season training.

He can take his roger ramjet steroid jaw and **** off.

Comment

IMO Mason seems to be the bad egg. As a player, I think we need him but as a person, he is too much of a negative influence on our younger players. As one of our senior players, he should be looking after our young players but he is encouraging them and leading them into the wrong environment. During the season on a weekday at Greenwood, I saw Mason off his head with Friend, Tansey, Moeakiola and Soliola. My thoughts were what are they doing out on a weekday when they had a game on the weekend. Mason didn't seem to just have a few beers, he went all out and was even smoking. This is not what we need from our senior players, especially in front of our younger players. I read somewhere he is getting married so fingers crossed he can settle down and be a bit more responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by past glory View Post
                    how the **** mason is gonna work with smithy, fitzy,becuase that cheating **** hasnt been in fkn sydney for 5 weeks.
                    he is the only player that smith hasnt spoken to,for obvious reasons.
                    Thats me.
                    Every forum has a smart arse like Fitzy,that wants to indirectly put shit on ppl,that would be me,for mentioning anything that hasnt been witnessed,stamped,checked,and double checked.
                    No fitzy boy,past glory no bitey today.
                    End of subject.
                    mate I think you're taking my comment far too much to heart.
                    I'm not at all trying to put shit on anyone, nor be a smart arse, I'm simply saying that I'd much prefer to read the whole story or nothing at all. Whilst I'm not doubting that you and others may know the full story, idiots from the media come along and read stuff like you've posted and the Chinese whispers get started. It may not be the case this time, but I'm sure there have been times in the past that players names have been muddied this way unnecessarily. If you want to overact like a school boy about it, thats fine, but try and keep things in perspective

Comment

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...012431,00.html

Wests Tigers to know if Lote Tuqiri hunt is on
                      Brent Read | October 09, 2009
                      Article from: The Australian
                      THE Wests Tigers are about to find out whether the patient approach has paid off with Lote Tuqiri.

After weeks of talks between the Tigers and Tuqiri's management, the NRL club has scheduled a meeting for today after which it should know whether it has a realistic chance of signing the dual international.

Tuqiri, sacked by the Australian Rugby Union in August, has offers on the table from the European and Japanese rugby unions but the Tigers believe they can convince him to return to theNRL. To facilitate the deal, it is believed Tuqiri will spend the off-season playing rugby union overseas before returning to the NRL, possibly for the next three seasons.

"We have made no secret of the fact that we're interested in him if he's keen to return to the NRL," chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

"We have been pretty patient as he has taken his time to think through what he wants the next phase of his sporting career to be. I think now that he's ready to make his decision.

"The meeting that we plan to have with his manager ... we would like to get some clarity around that. We would like to know now where he's at and whether there is potential for a deal or not."

Tuqiri will be unable to attend today's meeting as he is on holiday in Queensland, but Humphreys believes his interest in returning to the NRL is genuine despite the riches on offer in rugby union.

His signing would have significant ramifications for the club on and off the field. As well as allowing Tim Moltzen to return to halfback - Tuqiri would likely play fullback - captain Robbie Farah hailed his potential signing as a signal of intent from the NRLclub.

"It would be great to get him," Farah said.

"He's a dual international. He's achieved everything in both the codes. It's not just on the field but off the field, it's going to be massive for the club.

"On the field it would be great for us, someone with his size and strength and speed, I would love to have him.

"It shows the ambition of the club when you bring those sort of marquee players in.

"We brought Gareth Ellis last year. He's probably one of the best signings the club has ever made. Bringing someone in like Lote, it's going to show that the club is heading in the right direction."

Tuqiri isn't the only player on the Tigers' radar. The club is also circling former New Zealand international Jason Cayless and Melbourne prop Jeff Lima.

Tuqiri, however, is the biggest prize. He remains one of the highest profile footballers in the country and, at the age of 30, could still press for State of Origin and Test honours should he return to the NRL and rediscover anything close to his best form.

"We expected by this week he would be able to tell us where he is at and how things are," Humphreys said.

"We still believe we're on that timing. I would like to think we would be fairly enlightened after that meeting.

"I think if he was to come back to the NRL a lot of it would be about re-establishing himself. He would want to make it a successful stint.

"If he can come back with us ... and score a bagful of tries - that's in his reckoning."

While Tuqiri could be headed back to rugby league, the odds of his former teammate Willie Mason remaining in the NRL appear to be lengthening by theday.

The Australian understands Mason has attracted interest from two Japanese rugby union clubs, one of which is believed to be Kobe, the club that signed former Cronulla centre Fraser Anderson this year.

Mason could earn as much as $700,000 a year in Japan, dwarfing his NRL contract.

The Roosters have no plans to stand in his way. They have actively encouraged the former NSW and Australia forward to explore his options elsewhere, a clear indication he is no longer wanted at the club.

Hopefully one day soon
                      this bufoon
                      will be gone

Comment

Originally posted by footy View Post
                        IMO Mason seems to be the bad egg. As a player, I think we need him but as a person, he is too much of a negative influence on our younger players. As one of our senior players, he should be looking after our young players but he is encouraging them and leading them into the wrong environment. During the season on a weekday at Greenwood, I saw Mason off his head with Friend, Tansey, Moeakiola and Soliola. My thoughts were what are they doing out on a weekday when they had a game on the weekend. Mason didn't seem to just have a few beers, he went all out and was even smoking. This is not what we need from our senior players, especially in front of our younger players. I read somewhere he is getting married so fingers crossed he can settle down and be a bit more responsible.

Friend and Pearce seem to be the ones he has the biggest influence upon.

The plan is that they are the backbone of the club going forward.

They can be saved but Mason has to go for it to be done.

For that reason take it as read that he will not play for us again.

Whilst he could still call them and meet up - the influence when he is not traning and playing with them almost reduces to nil.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                          Friend and Pearce seem to be the ones he has the biggest influence upon.

The plan is that they are the backbone of the club going forward.

They can be saved but Mason has to go for it to be done.

For that reason take it as read that he will not play for us again.

Whilst he could still call them and meet up - the influence when he is not traning and playing with them almost reduces to nil.
                          I don't know that I agree with that methodology, influence and peer pressure is what 12 year olds use as an excuse for smoking drugs and drinking beer. These guys especially Pearce have been around long enough, Friend has already had two warnings and has played grade for a season.

Would it not be better to clean them all out and start from scratch instead of doing what the Roosters always do, make someone the scapegoat and I don't mean that Mason shouldn't go just that everyone be accountable for their performances on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                            I don't know that I agree with that methodology, influence and peer pressure is what 12 year olds use as an excuse for smoking drugs and drinking beer. These guys especially Pearce have been around long enough, Friend has already had two warnings and has played grade for a season.

Would it not be better to clean them all out and start from scratch instead of doing what the Roosters always do, make someone the scapegoat and I don't mean that Mason shouldn't go just that everyone be accountable for their performances on and off the field.
                            Billy, they have put their faith in Smith to salvage something from the wreckage. There is a talented footy team in there that has lost confidence, self-respect and discipline. There is nobody better to instill them.

I am looking forward to the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Billy, they have put their faith in Smith to salvage something from the wreckage. There is a talented footy team in there that has lost confidence, self-respect and discipline. There is nobody better to instill them.

I am looking forward to the next couple of years.
                              Look I hope your right but it worries me that these two guys in particular seem to be void of all responsibility and as you and I know life is not like that and if the club continues to place blame everywhere except on the players themselves I don't know how it will get better.

As I said I hope your right and the talent is there no doubt, I just don't want the next crop coming through to keep the tradition going......so to speak

Comment

BG, the fact that some of our younguns don't need to take responsbility for their actions is more the fault of the Club than anyone else. It's the Club that panders to these little smartarses and encourages them to believe their shit don't stink. And all because they are perceived to have football ability.

Then when their luck finally runs out and they come acropper, the Club punishes them with a feather unless the NRL step in. And then the Club wonders why the same problems continue to occur.

I'm sure these kids' parents do what they can to improve their sons' behaviour and attitude, but when they are exposed to destructive influences on a regular basis, it's easy for these young blokes to simply be drawn in by them.

In a team environment it's difficult to 'buck the system' without taking the risk of being isolated. So most will just go with the flow - and if that takes them down the wrong road, they suffer the consequences.

Why do you think the Dogs have gone about the 'cleansing' they have in the past year or 2?? Because they realised it was a necessity for the Dogs to survive.

NC
                                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                                X