Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
    "Oh Mr Hart, what a mess"

There must be a better system than that.

For one thing, we shoudn't have to include in the cap players who are no longer at the club.
    There is an argument for not including them when their payments fall outside the top 25, but only if you abolish the second tier cap completely. However, in a salary cap system, you can't have clubs cutting players willy nilly without having their cap effected, as then contract lengths will be meaningless for the richer clubs and they'd get an advantage over the poorer clubs which would defeat the whole purpose of a salary cap.

Comment

Will Tupou be allowed to play for the rest of the season if our second tier cap is completely used?

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
        Will Tupou be allowed to play for the rest of the season if our second tier cap is completely used?
        Yes, any player (Tupou, Arina, Liu) who played prior to the club reaching their limit is OK to play for the rest of the year. It is those like Napa and Seluini who are selected after the cap is reached that permission is required to play when top tier players are unavailable, and of course any other second tier players who didn't play before the limit was reached (i.e. Evans). None of those can play when top tier players in their position are fit and available.

Comment

Thank you for your information regarding a confusing rule. What happens if a player who is off contract next season is released for the renainder of the year such as Lama Tasi can we sign say Kane Evans to a top tier contract or is he still contracted to the second tier?

I hope we do sign players such as Kane Evans to main contracts next season to replace departing players.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
            Thank you for your information regarding a confusing rule. What happens if a player who is off contract next season is released for the renainder of the year such as Lama Tasi can we sign say Kane Evans to a top tier contract or is he still contracted to the second tier?

I hope we do sign players such as Kane Evans to main contracts next season to replace departing players.
            I think Evans' contract increases next year to a figure which will put him into the Top 25 (Napa too) so that won't be a problem. In regards to releasing players - it rarely helps as whatever you paid them to the time of their release would be included in the cap and in the case of Tasi where you seem to want to relase him without any grounds then there would no relief as he would be entitled to the full amount of his contract. So if he was in the cap at say $150k, he has earned $100k to this point, but you'd have to pay the other $50k as he has not breached his contract and is legally (and morally) entitled to the additional $50k. So he's still in the cap at $150k, so no change.

Comment

It really should have been upgraded to a 30 man squad during the new contract negotiations, it's such an outdated system.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluetill_i_die View Post
                AFTER thwarting Parramatta's bid to sign Josh Papalii, Canberra have again emerged as a roadblock to another second-row recruit. Roosters enforcer Frank-Paul Nu'uausala is in the sights of both clubs, but appears more likely to sign with the Raiders after travelling to the ACT to inspect their facilities this week. The Roosters remain confident of keeping the Kiwi international, but can only do so if he agrees to take a pay cut on what the other clubs are offering. Adam Blair could still be an option for the Eels. However, they won't get him cheap. We've heard the Tigers will only contribute around $100,000 toward Blair's release, after paying out a series of contracts in recent years.
                Why did we pay for the bus ticket back to sydney. He should have stayed there.
                Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  It really should have been upgraded to a 30 man squad during the new contract negotiations, it's such an outdated system.
                  Fair point. 33 would be about the right number, as that is, on average, the number of full time players at most clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                    The only interesting thing IMO is now youse can all stop making the daily Where's reserve grade Wally threads.

Nah what am I saying, it's been said before, we will still see them.

About time reserve grade Wally got a gig in first grade. I rate that bloke highly.

Comment

Working...
                    X