SBW Post Try Islamic Salute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBW Post Try Islamic Salute

There's also been plenty of talk over Williams' post-try celebrations (pictured above), which we can confirm are a salute to Allah. And the Islam convert will soon be confronted with a tough choice to make over whether to fast during daylight hours for a month, with Ramadan commencing on July 9

Any issues with SBWs salutes to Allah post try?

Heard differing views on this from our fans at the games this year

Sonny Bill Williams celebrates a try.jpg

It's his religion that least we can do is respect it.

Comment

I wouldn't care if he did a frigging Nazi salute. And I've got relatives that were turned into lampshades.
      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

No, doesn't bother me in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
          I wouldn't care if he did a frigging Nazi salute. And I've got relatives that were turned into lampshades.
          You have certainly been churning out some quality posts as of late. Keep up the good work mate, very entertaining

Comment

I hope he gets to salute Allah, in goal, 50 more times this year.

Good luck to the guy. He has a belief.

Comment

I actually thought he was thankful that the refs didn't find a way to disallow the try

Comment

Originally posted by Eckarooster View Post
                I actually thought he was thankful that the refs didn't find a way to disallow the try

Shhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                  I hope he gets to salute Allah, in goal, 50 more times this year.

Good luck to the guy. He has a belief.
                  Spot on my friend. I'd rather have a player in my team like that rather than a girl basher or drunken fool any day..
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Can't understand why there would even be a suggestion if anyone had issues with it ?

It's hardly rude or provocative in any way ...as mentioned above, I hope to see it 50 more times this year, and 3 or 4 times in a grand final would be nice too !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                      Can't understand why there would even be a suggestion if anyone had issues with it ?
                      Neither can I. It was a very strange question...

Comment

I'm uncomfortable with any grown up who believes in fairy tales, regardless of whether it be through religion, historical revisionism or conspiracy theories, but in the case of SBW (as with another hero of mine, Nick Cave) he can believe in a giant pink teacup hovering 3000 miles above the stratosphere if it aids his genius output and he's not hurting anyone along the way.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

He can do a voodoo dance after he scores for all i care..

If believing in non-existent things helps him play good footy then i want to see him do more of it..

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber:311701
                            I'm uncomfortable with any grown up who believes in fairy tales, regardless of whether it be through religion, historical revisionism or conspiracy theories, but in the case of SBW (as with another hero of mine, Nick Cave) he can believe in a giant pink teacup hovering 3000 miles above the stratosphere if it aids his genius output and he's not hurting anyone along the way.
                            Doesn't everyone believe in that giant pink teacup?

I know I do.

Comment

Some people out there will have a problem with it. We all know these kind of people. The racist, bigot, xenophobic sort that thinks white culture is right any other culture is ****ed up.

Me? I don't have a problem with it. It's no different to a Christian thanking the Lord after scoring a try, or having 4:13 written on their strapping. Indeed, it's nice to have some diversity in the team

Comment

Working...
                              X