2nd tier cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd tier cap

I heard somewhere that Evans was to debut tonight if it wasn't for it but we have used the less never of players in the nrl sorry but can someone explain it to me

Yeh the club asked for an exemption but it wasn't granted. He would have played if Sonny was ruled out.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster8888 View Post
      I heard somewhere that Evans was to debut tonight if it wasn't for it but we have used the less never of players in the nrl sorry but can someone explain it to me
      The club wanted to play him if SBW couldn't overcome his glute injury, by moving Cordner to five eighth, LOD to left second row and replacing LOD with Evans. The NRL knocked us back as we had already reached the limit of our $375k second tier cap. They said if we wanted to bring in a tight forward to replace LOD we had to play Arona, as he had played earlier this year and was therefore already accounted for in the second tier cap before we reached our limit. We got permission to use Napa and Seluini as JWH/Tasi was unavailable, and Mortimer was in the halves to replace Pearce/Maloney. To hear more about how this has happened read some of my earlier threads on 'Interesting To See It In Writing'.

Comment

I understand why it is in place (it prevents clubs from stockpiling too much talent) . However, it penalises clubs who have promising players in the lower grades who progress rapidly during the season and having the form to demand a first grade. (such as Evans, Napa, and in the Riff's case Moylan etc).

Obviously Kane Evans has moved ahead of Arona in the pecking order and would have been considered. The second tier cap restrictions, however, prevent us from using Kane......Its a farce!!!!!!
        Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 06-22-2013, 01:33 PM.
        Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
          I understand why it is in place (it prevents clubs from stockpiling too much talent) . However, it penalises clubs who have promising players in the lower grades who progress rapidly during the season and having the form to demand a first grade. (such as Evans, Napa, and in the Riff's case Moylan etc).

Obviously Kane Evans has moved ahead of Arona in the pecking order and would have been considered. The second tier cap restrictions, however, prevent us from using Kane......Its a farce!!!!!!
          It should have at least kept pace with the increases in the minimum wage over the past eight years. In 2005 the second tier cap was eight times the minimum wage and now it is just five times. That is an extra $225,000 in today's money that clubs should be allowed to use, but can't, and that is just a starting point. It costs the clubs and NRL nothing as they players are already under contract and receiving their salaries - it is just that many now do not have the right to play NRL because the NRL stuffed up and hasn't increased the second tier cap as it should have. Now they are sticking their heads in the sand and stating they'll review it and make changes next year - why do we need to wait till next year. If it's wrong - fix it - and fix it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
            It should have at least kept pace with the increases in the minimum wage over the past eight years. In 2005 the second tier cap was eight times the minimum wage and now it is just five times. That is an extra $225,000 in today's money that clubs should be allowed to use, but can't, and that is just a starting point. It costs the clubs and NRL nothing as they players are already under contract and receiving their salaries - it is just that many now do not have the right to play NRL because the NRL stuffed up and hasn't increased the second tier cap as it should have. Now they are sticking their heads in the sand and stating they'll review it and make changes next year - why do we need to wait till next year. If it's wrong - fix it - and fix it now.
            Totally agree with you Newman and you have articulated and expressed my thoughts in a lot more intelligible way than I could have ever done so myself.

Its also robbing the fans of different clubs eg Penrith e.g. seeing a special talent like Moylan ply his trade for Penrith and other clubs e.g. like us seeing up and coming stars such as Dylan Napa,etc.

It should have been pegged to the rise in the rate of the minimum wage x 8.
            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
            X