It's strange.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's strange.......

All those bagging Pearce for bombing from 40 out didn't see Morts employing the same tactic. Vendetta maybe?

Wally and Joey both commenting on how it's good tactic it is to try and pin them in there own 15 m giving the chasers time to get there

it is a good tactic gives a chance for one of our players to contest for the ball and maybe create an opportunity or give time for our players to get there and pin them deep in their half. Pearce might just to mix up a bit and not always go to that kick when in that position

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
      it is a good tactic gives a chance for one of our players to contest for the ball and maybe create an opportunity or give time for our players to get there and pin them deep in their half. Pearce might just to mix up a bit and not always go to that kick when in that position
      But that's all Morts did? The only grubbers I saw were from SBW. I just think we need to put it through the hands more we have the most talented backline out, halves with great passing games and SBW.

Comment

As monty stated, Pearce just needs to mix it up a bit.
        Morts played well and for mine was one of the Roosters' two or three best.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Its fine to put up the bomb but there has to be other plays. U can see the defense get set up because they know it's coming
          3rd year season member
          Life long supporter
          I will be a rooster for life

Comment

Haven't seen anyone mention our repeat sets yet???

What's the go...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

What's the go...
              Might have answered your own question there.

Comment

What's the go...
                We had a back up hooker and second rower in the halves and you want to compare their kicking abilities with our origin Stars , one being a 10 game origin veteran????

Too Funny

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare:312690

What's the go...
                  We had a back up hooker and second rower in the halves and you want to compare their kicking abilities with our origin Stars , one being a 10 game origin veteran????

Too Funny
                  Isnt Mortimer supposed to be a halfback though?

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post

Too Funny
                    Haha nah, I've already given Morts a big wrap for his performance it has nothing to do with me. I just wonder why people have thrown out the supposed criteria that makes a good halfback all of a sudden?

Comment

Haha nah, I've already given Morts a big wrap for his performance it has nothing to do with me. I just wonder why people have thrown out the supposed criteria that makes a good halfback all of a sudden?
                      WE WON.

Just wait until the next loss & then Pearce will be thrown to the wolves again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
                        All those bagging Pearce for bombing from 40 out didn't see Morts employing the same tactic. Vendetta maybe?

Wally and Joey both commenting on how it's good tactic it is to try and pin them in there own 15 m giving the chasers time to get there
                        I also noticed NSW use this tactic in SOO 1 with great success.
                        Originally posted by turk-283
                        Kurt 79 - Kags 0..

Comment

Originally posted by kurtsherlock6 View Post
                          I also noticed NSW use this tactic in SOO 1 with great success.
                          I know. Like I said very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
                            I know. Like I said very strange.
                            Is it the first time we've won and the weeks scapegoats been a player that didn't play???

Strange but very Chookpen.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I can only imagine the outcry about Mitchell Pearce had he been putting those bombs up. The Pearce bomb tactic appears to be a ploy to keep the opposition down their end of the field and win the territory game.

The short passes from Daniel "Morts" Mortimer have been done by Pearce all season and lead to tries as well.

The long kicking game was particularly poor and that is the major area that Mitchell Pearce does shine.

As wonderful as the win last night was I believe we would win by a larger points margin had Mitchell Pearce and James Maloney played. There was a lot of broken down plays inside the Canterbury 20 metre zone but I will not dwell on those hypothetical matters. Our boys were brave in their win and that's all that does matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X