No announcement yet.

Maloney busts cheekbone in Origin 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you feel being a Sharkies fan?

From memory, Gallen barely played any club games between Origin last year. And so far this year he's missed 1 game through suspension and now 2 more though injury.

It's a joke. Get your priorities right fellas. The clubs pay your wages!

Comment

Origin should be played on weekends, with no club games on those weekends.

Comment

Why blame the players, they don't set the schedule???

Origin is about $$$$$. They ain't gonna reschedule cos a few players get injured.

Suck it up ladies, it pisses me off too but it ain't gonna change.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Here's my thoughts:

Get ride of byes, and just have a 2 week mid-season sabbatical where Origin is played. It'll be over and done with in two weeks; all the players will be refreshed (except the Origin boys but that's life) and we can then get on with the competition.

Origin ruins the competiton for an entire 6-7 weeks period. It's ****ing shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith:313958
            Here's my thoughts:

Get ride of byes, and just have a 2 week mid-season sabbatical where Origin is played. It'll be over and done with in two weeks; all the players will be refreshed (except the Origin boys but that's life) and we can then get on with the competition.

I sort of like your thinking dad of Gai....the origin crap buggers the real comp up for a couple of months each year.

I hate byes...including leg byes in cricket.

Comment

I haven't watched an origin, nor given a damn about it (barring shit like Maloney being injured) since Roy and H.G. left the J's
              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Anyone have a sneaky suspicion Jimmy may still run out Monday night?

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                  Anyone have a sneaky suspicion Jimmy may still run out Monday night?

Kevin Rudd is Prime Minister. Again.

Anything, as they say, is possible.
                  SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Screw origin Id give every origin to QL If it ment we,d win the comp. The only thing I care about is the roosters im sick of how they smash em to pieces in this pointless series then chuck them back to the club to rehab them for the next encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi Spy View Post
                      Geez that annoys me when players say that. Yeah no worries wont be able to play for my club side but will be right for origin no worries...I heard recently that they get 30k each game of origin. We always do poorly out of origin.
                      Yes, it's been raised from the previous 20k from a few years back as one of the players told me he was paid 60k for the whole series as he played in all 3 games. There's your deposit on a home right there. Nice work if you can get it..
                      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        Here's my thoughts:

In theory sounds good, but will never happen. Not when Ch 9 (and the NRL) can milk the Origin for the 6 -7 week period !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                          In theory sounds good, but will never happen. Not when Ch 9 (and the NRL) can milk the Origin for the 6 -7 week period !
                          It does do wonders for the NSW economy though and that is pleasing. I can't even remember how many millions Barry O'Farrell estimated but it's really astounding.
                          "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                          Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Its a great idea, Play it over 1 & a half weeks Game1 Fri, Game 2 wed & Game 3 sun done & dusted the players cop the short turnaround (which they cop any way backing up for their clubs). Only prob it makes to much sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X