a worrying interesting stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stsae View Post
    I've sat screaming at the Teev for us to use the grubber for a repeat set too mate.

But I also find it ironic the most repeat sets we have gained, in years it would seem, was against the Bros a few weeks ago, when we lost.

If we were struggling to score points the repeat set cliche would matter more, but as it stands as Elo said, we are basically leading the comp in most attacking stats.

Is it really such a big deal considering how we are travelling???

It may not seem like such a huge deal right now given the ease which with we usually score points, but at the same time why do we persist with tactics that don't really work?

As well, as Tommy Smith has said, it may matter a lot more as the season progresses mate. The ability to maintain pressure is crucial along with strong defence in big end of season games.
    We seem impatient a lot of the time in a lot of these round games.
    At times, we seem guilty of attempting to score from every play and this seems to cause a lot of frustration when it doesn't come off.
    I believe i have read Robbo admitting to this in a post-match interview as well. For example, the Penrith game comes to mind. We were very impatient and pushed too many passes imo. Luckily for us their defence eventually cracked and the points then came easy. However, what if we face a team in the finals with very strong defence, but a lack of composure and patience has us trying to score from every single play? That leads to frustration, and frustration leads to poor decision making accompanied with mistakes.

Not every team is easy to score against, and thats when our patience and composure needs to come in.

Imo, we need to learn to grow that aspect of our game and it will benefit us down the track.
    Last edited by Chook Norris; 06-28-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
      It may not seem like such a huge deal right now given the ease which with we usually score points, but at the same time why do we persist with tactics that don't really work?

As well, as Tommy Smith has said, it may matter a lot more as the season progresses mate. The ability to maintain pressure is crucial along with strong defence in big end of season games.
      We seem impatient a lot of the time in a lot of these round games.
      At times, we seem guilty of attempting to score from every play and this seems to cause a lot of frustration when it doesn't come off.
      I believe i have read Robbo admitting to this in a post-match interview as well. For example, the Penrith game comes to mind. We were very impatient and pushed too many passes imo. Luckily for us their defence eventually cracked and the points then came easy. However, what if we face a team in the finals with very strong defence, but a lack of composure and patience has us trying to score from every single play? That leads to frustration, and frustration leads to poor decision making accompanied with mistakes.

Not every team is easy to score against, and thats when our patience and composure needs to come in.

Imo, we need to learn to grow that aspect of our game and it will benefit us down the track.
      All you say is true mate.

As I said the irony is the first time this year at least we gain multiple repeat sets we lose.

Go figure.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
        We are the 2nd highest point scorers in the comp, equal 1st in linebreaks and from memory have the best conversion rate of turning possession inside the opposition 20 into tries.

A deceptive stat from Gus, when put in context it's irrelevant as we just score points instead.
        Totally agree, anyone can pull any stat out and write a song about it. The fact that Gus tried to undermine our play makers shows that he is and always will be an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          Totally agree, anyone can pull any stat out and write a song about it. The fact that Gus tried to undermine our play makers shows that he is and always will be an idiot.
          Gus should go into politics. There is an agenda behind everything he says, he has the ability to dribble constantly and has an overdeveloped sense of self importance.

He is fast becoming my least favourite commentator - currently just behind Hadley. For a new south Welshman, he made a SOO that was already hard to watch even harder to listen to.

Comment

Working...
          X