Lama Tasi released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lama Tasi released

The Sydney Roosters on Friday announced Lama Tasi had been granted an immediate release from his contract.

The 23-year-old prop was contracted to the club until the end of 2013 but has been granted the release to enhance his prospects of playing regularly in the NRL for the rest of the season.

Roosters chief operating officer football Brian Canavan, said: "Lama has a lot to offer the NRL and the club has taken this decision together with Lama based on what we consider in his best interests as a professional NRL player.

"Lama has been a popular clubman and terrific contributor to the Roosters both on and off the field. He has made many friends at the Roosters and, on behalf of everyone at the club, we wish him the very best for the future."

Tasi has played 30 games in the NRL since joining the Roosters in 2011. He made his first-grade debut against Gold Coast in round eight that year.

Tasi Gone

Another Prop gone, can Napa now play

http://www.nrl.com/roosters-release-...3/default.aspx

The Sydney Roosters on Friday announced Lama Tasi had been granted an immediate release from his contract.

The 23-year-old prop was contracted to the club until the end of 2013 but has been granted the release to enhance his prospects of playing regularly in the NRL for the rest of the season.

Roosters chief operating officer football Brian Canavan, said: "Lama has a lot to offer the NRL and the club has taken this decision together with Lama based on what we consider in his best interests as a professional NRL player.

"Lama has been a popular clubman and terrific contributor to the Roosters both on and off the field. He has made many friends at the Roosters and, on behalf of everyone at the club, we wish him the very best for the future."

Tasi has played 30 games in the NRL since joining the Roosters in 2011. He made his first-grade debut against Gold Coast in round eight that year.

Comment

Someone had to go. Of the possible options, tasi wasn't a bad choice IMO. Better than losing napa, Evans, or Liu.

Comment

I wish him all the best at the Broncos he could be very damaging on his day but unfornately injury and opportunity has slowed his progression as a first grader.

He did some great things though for the club most notably the hit he put on Greg Bird and his try against Souths Rd 1 2012.

Comment

I was a Tasi fan..

The try he scored against $ouFF$ in Round 1 last year was an indication of what he is capable of..

He is one player who is suffering from the shoulder charge being outlawed..

Having posted that,i'm happy with the decision as it'd be insanity to lose either Napa or Evans..

Let's see if the "Dessie wants Lama baaad" rumours are true..

Comment

This could also open the door for the re-signing of FPN?.

Maybe I'm looking into it too deep but I'm sure getting Lama off the books may give us an edge for keeping Frank Paul?.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Came to the Club with plenty of wraps but failed to live up to the hype..
              See ya buddy

Comment

satisfied with the decision.
                we have a surplus of young talent coming through. Evans, Napa, and Liu are knocking on the door now. Langi, Martin and Seijka won't be too far away. Tasi was hyped up, but he failed to deliver. This gives Napa a chance to show what he is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                  Came to the Club with plenty of wraps but failed to live up to the hype..
                  See ya buddy
                  his pre season was hit with an injury but we have heaps on front of him

good luck Lama

Comment

No way..... Another great talent gone Imo.

I fmrhin he had more talent than what were putting on the bench atm... Maybe it had something to do with attitude?

Good luck to him. He is definitely one I wish we didn't let go.

Comment

It's all well and good letting him go but I no napa is great but we got our best 17 on the park this week so how's napa going to get into the team inless of injury

Comment

Originally posted by rooster8888 View Post
                        It's all well and good letting him go but I no napa is great but we got our best 17 on the park this week so how's napa going to get into the team inless of injury
                        guerra probably most likely to be battling for spot.

Comment

Amazed. I know u cannot keep them all but I really like this guy.

I have heard nothing but great things about his attitude. I wonder who will get him. Dragons?
                          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Going to the Broncs

Comment

Big mistake I reckon. Kennedy is gone for 8 - 12 weeks. Hopefully no more injuries but Manly apparently were more disappointed to lose him than JWH.
                              "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Working...
                              X