Nrl essentials sydney roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nrl essentials sydney roosters

5 game dvd set, $25 jbhifi, bigw, abc shops.

games are
    1982 prelim v magpies
    1996 62-0 drubbing of souths
    2000 prelim v knights
    2002 prelim v broncos
    2010 epic qualifier v tigers.

Originally posted by milanja View Post
    5 game dvd set, $25 jbhifi, bigw, abc shops.

games are
    1982 prelim v magpies
    1996 62-0 drubbing of souths
    2000 prelim v knights
    2002 prelim v broncos
    2010 epic qualifier v tigers.
    I'd pay more just for that one! I have a birthday coming up so that's what I'll be asking for. Thanks for posting.
    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

That's gonna make these guys cranky then. Look at the prices:

http://www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au/Default.aspx
      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

yeah i thought of that when i only paid $25 RWB!

there are some good games on the other teams dvds too, the raiders one has the prelim v us in 87 which we lost, but that was the first real game i can remember watching.

good idea and good price.

Comment

the raiders one has the prelim v us in 87 which we lost, but that was the first real game i can remember watching.
          We were spent after that semi loss to Manly.

Comment

Got this as a gift and spent most of yesterday watching the first four games. Can't bring myself to watch the last game yet. Not enough time has passed and Anasta is now a prominent Tiger. Thoroughly enjoyable trip through the ages and I suggest that some of the younger posters here have a look at this DVD. Some observations- Game 1- The SCG looks pathetic, the casual commentary of Rex Mossop sounds strange...but this is riveting stuff. Watching Hastings guide us around the park again was a highlight. Also the power running of a young Noel Cleal and Terry Fahey's solid double try effort. Despite the obvious rule changes and semi-professionalism, it's amazing how much the game HASN'T changed (besides the scrums)
            Game 2- Probably the one game that shouldn't be here. The score is imposing but as Rabbits points out before the game Souths have a teams worth of injuries and are not helped by a ridiculous sending-off, reducing them to twelve men. Those of you who like tries however will see many good ones here. Freddy is at his savage best, playing at lock with a very smooth Andrew walker at 5/8 and a dominating John Simon at half. Fullback Ritchie Allen was a suprise here. Along with our wingers Peter Jorgensen and Darren Junee, they terrorise the bunnies to the (amusing) disgust of a young Craig Field.
            Game 3- A favourite of mine. One of the great backs to the wall victories. The chooks started well and Ryan Cross looked to have been denied a few times by some controversial video ref decisions (suprise,suprise). Newcastle take advantage and take a 12-2 lead into the break. As the teams return for the second half the camera pans to a Necastle banner that reads "we're eating chicken tonight". Rabbits tells Gus that they are going to eat chicken and that Gus is not going to like it. Gus replies by stating that finals have a funny way of turning around. He implies that the knights can't go 80 minutes. What follows is 40 minutes that will make every Rooster proud. Mini produces an outstanding wingers display that will remind you all of his prowess, Freddy is inspirational (playing with an injury in the second half) and Ryan Cross reminded me of why I was so shattered when he left. A great watch for all Rooster fans. Andrew Johns very angry at fulltime.
            Game 4- The Roosters at their powerful best, produce an outstanding defensive effort against an all-star Broncos with Lockyer at fullback, Langer at half and Tallis in the pack. We look huge in this game, right across the park with Lomu(awesome), Morley and Fitgibbon dominating the middle and Hodges,Hegarty, Mini and Mullins all very solid in the backline. Watching and listening to the banter between Bill Harrigan and Gordie is very funny. After an off-side penalty Gordie walks up and tells Harrigan that the roosters have been off-side for "8 weeks".

Comment

SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

watching the knights match gave me goosebumps again. i think its the pick of the lot.

from darren albert blowing kisses to the camera at halftime and then reports from vossy that a.johns was yahooing and carrying on at halftime, to johns smashing his mouthguard into the turf at the end of the game and angrily shaking all their hands is priceless.

Comment

watching the knights match gave me goosebumps again. i think its the pick of the lot.

from darren albert blowing kisses to the camera at halftime and then reports from vossy that a.johns was yahooing and carrying on at halftime, to johns smashing his mouthguard into the turf at the end of the game and angrily shaking all their hands is priceless.
                  I have that one anyway as I bought it from the NRL Archives website. It was worth the $19.95 plus postage. I cannot stand Newcastle and am looking forward to our game up there in August. Their fans make Collingwoods' look like choirboys and nuns.

Comment

isnt fathers day somewhere close? i get it for myself then!

Comment

I'd love to see the Round 22 game from 1992 where we beat Souths 56-16. I went to the bathroom when the all in brawl started and I've never seen what happened.
                      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                      X