soft run home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft run home...

out of all the top 4 sides and potential top 4 sides we have the softest run home and im not sure that that is a good thing as you want to be playing the best team at the backend so you are playing your best footy. if we are not playing quality oposition week in week out to test ourselves we could get shocked when we com up against it in the semis. pretty happy to be playing the bunnies in the final rd so hopefully if this is the case they will shake us out of it....

I don't even think it's that soft tbh.

After the bye we have the Sharks 3 days following Origin. That will be tough. Then we have an away game vs Newcastle on a Sunday afternoon which is one of the tougher road trips in the NRL. And then we follow that it up with a Friday night away game vs Penrith; and frankly, God help us in that match because it feels like we never win there.

I think our last three games are a solid run in to the finals. Shark Park, home to the Titans and then the best team in the comp.

So our draw could be worse; but there's a few very tricky games in there. We'll be primed and in the top 4 come finals time, no doubt. And hopefully injury free!

Comment

We have Souths the week before the finals.
      If that game doesn't put us into gear, no game will.

Comment

I even think that last round against the Vermin will not necessairly be a tester for us. If things continue on the same way, by the last round they could have the minor premiership all sewn up and decide to rest players in that last round to freshen the players up for the semis.
        Even if we can't improve or go down in the semi final make-up, may decide to rest players in that last round !

Comment

That last game against souffs could very well be a battle for the minor premiership and if it's not they would love nothing more than to get another one over on us, I can't see them taking that game lightly, ever.
          Last edited by Ray Stehr; 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I believe that the game in round 26 will be a battle for the minor premiership, so we will start our finals campaign a week early.

When you consider that 1st will likely play Manly/Dogs/some other lesser team while 2nd will have to play the Storm, the minor premiership is going to be a big step towards landing a spot in the prelim.

I would love nothing more than to see Souths have to play the storm in week 1, get beaten, then go out in straight sets the following week. Unfortunately that won't happen. We are going to play them in the finals this year, be that in a prelim or the big one.... and I am seriously about a 20% chance of having a heart attack during that game

Comment

im with you on that danish, my hearts still strong but it breaks when eats get involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                I would love nothing more than to see Souths have to play the storm in week 1, get beaten, then go out in straight sets the following week. Unfortunately that won't happen. We are going to play them in the finals this year, be that in a prelim or the big one.... and I am seriously about a 20% chance of having a heart attack during that game
                My heart only survived the 2004 GF because I was 18 at the time. Now im not so confident I could withstand another match of that magnitude. I'll have 000 ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  I even think that last round against the Vermin will not necessairly be a tester for us. If things continue on the same way, by the last round they could have the minor premiership all sewn up and decide to rest players in that last round to freshen the players up for the semis.
                  Even if we can't improve or go down in the semi final make-up, may decide to rest players in that last round !
                  If Souths can go the whole season without a slump then the deserve the minor premiership and massive favouritism for the comp.

More likely though they will get the yips at some point in the season and open the way for the other top three teams to catch them up on the table.

Comment

hard to predict how injuries will shape the rest of the season, we are only 1 outside back injury away from some major problems, also if the Bunnies lost either Inglis/Reynolds they would be stuffed.

Comment

I believe we will defeat the Melbourne Storm if we were to face them in the NRL finals series.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                        I believe we will defeat the Melbourne Storm if we were to face them in the NRL finals series.
                        Ditto.
                        At the start of the year I placed 3 teams better than us....Rabbitohs, Storm & Manly..in that order.
                        Now, I believe it's only the Vermin that have to be overcome. They are the real deal this year, like it or not :/

Comment

Working...
                        X