JP Duplessis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Duplessis

I have heard that he is not coming after all and has signed to play provincial Rugby in SA.

'Heard' from where?

Can't say im cut.

Comment

my sources in SA lol.. no it was from here.. I am not surprised though.. You won't read POS proudly discuss this in the Telegraph... The Mack is going to have to spend hours re-working his 65 man Roosters squad..

http://www.keo.co.za/2009/09/11/treu...hoolboy-stars/

Comment

That dosen't seem conclusive... maybe someone can contact Rooster officials to see what the deal is, but meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
          That dosen't seem conclusive... maybe someone can contact Rooster officials to see what the deal is, but meh.
          Not conclusive but I doubt SA Rugby would invite someone to some camp who is buggering off to Australia shortly to play Rugby League.. Maybe he never signed a contract.. all we may have got was the 'Bennet handshake'.

Comment

Maybe Smith decided that we didn't need him.

Mack will just have to create an 85 man squad as the whole dynamics of our roster have now changed.

Comment

Ill ask POS on saturday morning

Comment

No worries, ask him how Pearce is going too lol

Comment

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Would love to have him because he seems to have a lot of obvious talent with all these clubs after him, but then again he hasn't even played our sport yet. Either way all the best to the kid.

Comment

Well it would seem he's not coming from that link and I guess I'm not too broken up about it given that it would appear PO'S has signed some youngsters in Naughton and Linnett who along with Williamson would have been competing for spots in the backline alongside JP Du Plessis. I'm not surprised that the reason cited for his about face was that there are "serious problems at the Sydney Roosters at the moment ..." but surely he and his father could have been assured that those serious problems were being dealt with right now.
                    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                      Well it would seem he's not coming from that link and I guess I'm not too broken up about it given that it would appear PO'S has signed some youngsters in Naughton and Linnett who along with Williamson would have been competing for spots in the backline alongside JP Du Plessis. I'm not surprised that the reason cited for his about face was that there are "serious problems at the Sydney Roosters at the moment ..." but surely he and his father could have been assured that those serious problems were being dealt with right now.
                      Any excuse would do.. I bet SA Rugby are chipping in a few more dollars than we were.

Comment

Can you also ask him if, as reported, the other South Africans are coming across? How many? Thanks.

Comment

I think it would be a real shame if he's not coming, from the things i have read about him he's a real star of the future and was touted as a huge loss for SA RUGBY when it was announced, i hope its false reporting.

Comment

No worries, ask him how Pearce is going too lol
                            I'll ask Smithy... good mate of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by sirgamble View Post
                              I'll ask Smithy... good mate of mine.
                              Now that worries me.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...