No announcement yet.

players put on notice about discipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact we tend to get a roar deal aside, what the hell are both our halves and SKD doing conceding penalties? In that sense it is actually quite palatable. Those 3 are players you wouldnt expect to give any away so that is reasonably easily fixed I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
      We've dug it forty four times mate.

We get it - most of us already did - "MLK" was not the source of the penalties.

What you'd have to admit is equally noticeable and equally as important is that neither our go-forward nor our defence appears to have suffered at all without him. Liu and co have covered that "loss" without too much trouble, it seems.
      I do not feel I need to admitt anything mate.

I never unfairly bagged the bloke in the first place.

I never judged the bloke in an unrealistic manner either, wanting him to be something he's not.

I never said we would miss his efforts or couldn't cover his injury either. I did note the fact he made a lot of tackles and missed few and that workload needed to be maintained by his replacement, which it seems to have been.

I only ever pointed out the facts that his numbers were actually better than the perception that became the mantra here.

I actually have never been a fanboy of MLKs, it's just about pointing and ing with me.

I've been on these forums for years now and seen this scenario repeated over and over and over again, dejapoo. In fact JWH and Friendly and Maubs, among others, have just come thru similar unjust criticism. IMO of course.

I'm not trying to tell others how to support or post.

I'm simply pointing and ing.

Annoying yes. That's why I'm doing it. My own amusement.

I can't help it if it's offensive to others.

Last edited by stsae; 08-01-2013, 12:26 PM.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike:322887
        I like some of the penalties that we gave away on the weekend. They were early in the count when we were under the pump and gave us some breathing room.
        Jeez i don't know about that. We were lucky not to be warned officially for a sin bin. Keep that up and someone would have been sent to the bin. We got lucky that Bennett is goal kick happy and the knights fked up

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
          The fact we tend to get a roar deal aside, what the hell are both our halves and SKD doing conceding penalties? In that sense it is actually quite palatable. Those 3 are players you wouldnt expect to give any away so that is reasonably easily fixed I reckon
          How is it easily fixed mate if its been ongoing for so many years now, thru various players and coaches???

Could those 3 be our weaker defenders in the side, Baloney and PearceOrf cos of size/position and SKiD cos he's a shitty defender, meaning they cop more traffic and therefore are more prone to being penalised than others???

I'd target all 3 if I was an opposition coach.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
            Jeez i don't know about that. We were lucky not to be warned officially for a sin bin. Keep that up and someone would have been sent to the bin. We got lucky that Bennett is goal kick happy and the knights fked up

The only way for a player to get sin-binned in today's game is from a fight or a professional foul on the back of a line break.

Time and time again, their warnings have gone with the wind. Until they change that, 'smart' penalties will be rife.

Comment

Kennedy deserved his rep as a penalty magnet
              Its widely considered Friend gives away most of our penalties
              Friend averages one penalty every 82 mins
              Kennedy averaged one penalty every 53 mins !!!! Damning stats if you ask me
              I havent had enough time or been bored enough to compare with other players
              Last edited by liver1971; 08-01-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
                When in doubt, blame the Ref's.

Works for the Australian cricket side when they pooch screw.
                Or the grass...
                Cricket's one of the few games where blaming the grass isn't laughed at.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                  I do not feel I need to admitt anything mate.

I never unfairly bagged the bloke in the first place.

I never judged the bloke in an unrealistic manner either, wanting him to be something he's not.

I never said we would miss his efforts or couldn't cover his injury either. I did note the fact he made a lot of tackles and missed few and that workload needed to be maintained by his replacement, which it seems to have been.
                  Fair enough.

Was less of a go at you, more of a general point that while the criticism of Kennedy was way over the top (as it is with most players on here), the consensus that we could do as well if not better without him has proven to be more or less correct.

Comment

There seems to be a misconception on here that Souths are one of the least penalised teams.... and that article just about disproves it fellas.

MOST PENALTIES CONCEDED
                    Roosters (148)

Tigers (136)

Eels (135)

Sea Eagles (135)

Titans (119)

Bulldogs (116)

Rabbitohs (115)

Cowboys (113)

Knights (113)

Raiders (111)

Panthers (110)

Broncos (109)

Warriors (106)

Dragons (104)

Storm (103)

Sharks (99)

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                      How's this for a fanciful theory: the Roosters deliberately gave away penalties last weekend in order to embarrass the referees into giving us a few ourselves.

There was a period of the game where Maloney gave away 4 penalties that really weren't putting much additional pressure on us anyway - they were early in the tackle count and already deep in our territory. At that point I think the count was 14 to 6. We ended up getting the last 3 penalties of the match and scored off a couple of these.

OK - I'm being ridiculous. But actually receiving 9 penalties in a game was a novel feeling.
                      Unlike the paST we have learnt to play good footy while penalised but we do need to narrow the count between now and the finals..

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                        Unlike the paST we have learnt to play good footy while penalised but we do need to narrow the count between now and the finals..
                        we don't need to do anything, it's all up to those cheating, scumbag referees!

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                          Opinions differ but as we all know something needs to change... sooner d betta..

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                            Don't get so despondent. We've shown we can win even when our discipline is so poor the refs are left with no alternative but to penalise us heavily

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                              Don't get so despondent. We've shown we can win even when our discipline is so poor the refs are left with no alternative but to penalise us heavily
                              exactly, but what happens when we do too well? the nrl makes sure we don't win the grand final!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                                Or the grass...
                                Cricket's one of the few games where blaming the grass isn't laughed at.
                                Many was the time you could blame the grass for Fittler.
                                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                                X