players put on notice about discipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
    The first three penalties to Penrith were clearly welfare cheques to give the Panthers a leg up.
    some of the ones we received were just as bad. what was final count?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
      some of the ones we received were just as bad. what was final count?
      9 - 7 to the Pennies.

Watch the second game, the referees just let the game go pretty much the entire 90 minutes, only 6 total penalties and I'm pretty sure just 1 each in the second half and it didn't hurt the game at all, there were plenty of occasions they could have been pedantic at the ruck but instead they just let it go.

They just need to put the whistles away and let the players determine who will dominate the ruck etc, if there's blatant, dirty or dangerous play then penalise it, the rest should be left to the players. For example the first penalty against SKD last night was absolutely ridiculous, no reason to penalise that at all, he did not grab at the ball and he made it to his feet very quickly, there were hundreds of slower play the balls after it so why weren't they all penalised as well?

Comment

I think the biggest problem with the game is that relatively minor indiscretions - like delaying the play the ball by one tenth of a second - are disproportionately punished. Getting 30 or 40m in field position for such things is ridiculous, particularly compared with the effort required to make that ground through actually playing football.

I say penalties should be given as they are in the NFL. Give a team 10m and a tackle count re-start.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
          I think the biggest problem with the game is that relatively minor indiscretions - like delaying the play the ball by one tenth of a second - are disproportionately punished. Getting 30 or 40m in field position for such things is ridiculous, particularly compared with the effort required to make that ground through actually playing football.

I say penalties should be given as they are in the NFL. Give a team 10m and a tackle count re-start.

whatt about this, you geta penalty, take the kick or touch if need be, but u only have the same amount of tackles remaining at which you got the penalty on?

Comment

What worries me is inconsistency in the ref's calls. The only consistency though that I am seeing from the refs is that we are always on the wrong side of the penalty sheet.
            Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Spirit of 66 and Elo have hit the nail on the head.

The Panthers first 3 penalties, particular the first via SKD, were flat out obscene.

They were so predictable and yet so blatantly unfair. It was as if the refs had the intent to ping us early as if to set the tone or lay down the law early. Quite farcical in it's preconception.

At least Robbo is being more public about it now because it'll soon cost us a Premiership otherwise.

I mean if we lose a GF to the Rabbits due to blatant refereeing bias who here would stick around as a fan of the game? I'll always bleed RWB but after 2010, another perhaps even far worse stitch up against the Rabbits would be one blow too many for me.

Comment

Working...
              X