No announcement yet.

SBW to sign with Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who knows what is going on behind the scenes but if SBW does walk away we should be throwing the chequebook at Folau before he officially stays with the ARU.

Comment

If we do sign Folau we should make it 3 years minimum.

Comment

Time to bring back a hoary old chestnut

SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

The roast reckon he'll be here next year, I suppose it's all a matter of time, then we'll find out where he'll appear.

Comment

Anything short of a premiership and there's a big chance he'll go back to Rugby. That's where his heart truly lies.

The Chiefs winning back to back would definitely hurt him a little, he is incredibly emotionally invested in the Chiefs and All Blacks. I've already accepted the fact he probably won't be here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
              who knows what is going on behind the scenes but if SBW does walk away we should be throwing the chequebook at Folau before he officially stays with the ARU.
              I'm informed by a good source Souths aiming at Folau after releasing Crocker, King and Lowe end of 2013 and keen to play with Inglis.

Comment

Been a few weeks since the last $BW signing thread.

My life's been empty and unfulfilled.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterRooster View Post
                  I'm informed by a good source Souths aiming at Folau after releasing Crocker, King and Lowe end of 2013 and keen to play with Inglis.
                  I`m informed by a good source souffs are slightly over their cap having just re-signed the Burgess brothers to upgraded contracts.

Comment

My take on this is that SBW is very good at being tactful with his audience. When asked by Rugby people what he wants, he says he loves Rugby. When asked by the NRL fraternity, he says he's loving it at the Roosters.

He may be yet to make up his mind, he may be waiting to see if we win this year, he may just be playing his cards very close to his chest. Whatever the truth, we are unlikely to find out for a little while yet, and I certainly wouldn't be putting any faith in media reports & speculation.

The Sydney papers reported a while ago that another hand shake had been done with the Roosters for next year. Now we have stories that "his preference" is to play Rugby. That doesn't mean he's going to. And both reports are probably as well informed as each other.

Comment

The inside word from those close to the top(Freddy Fittler and Danny Wiedler) believe that SBW will be playing for the Roosters in 2014 especially if they don't win a premiership and will go back to Rugby in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                        My take on this is that SBW is very good at being tactful with his audience. When asked by Rugby people what he wants, he says he loves Rugby. When asked by the NRL fraternity, he says he's loving it at the Roosters.

He may be yet to make up his mind, he may be waiting to see if we win this year, he may just be playing his cards very close to his chest. Whatever the truth, we are unlikely to find out for a little while yet, and I certainly wouldn't be putting any faith in media reports & speculation.

The Sydney papers reported a while ago that another hand shake had been done with the Roosters for next year. Now we have stories that "his preference" is to play Rugby. That doesn't mean he's going to. And both reports are probably as well informed as each other.
                        I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there mate.
                        Originally posted by turk-283
                        Kurt 79 - Kags 0..

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                          NZ Herald is this morning reporting SBW will sign a 3yr contract at the end of his NRL commitments this year.

who knows what his intentions are, but there are rumours that the NRL is taking a far greater toll on his body than he expected, also he is not a big fan of the denfensive wrestling tactics now in the NRL.

the question must be asked though what would we do with $600-700k freed up if SBW leaves when we hoped he was staying.
                          Sign sandow, Sowie and anasta.
                          Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Nah seriously, i think we should look to use that money to sign two players with impact and x factor. SBW would free up about 800K if he is leaving. For that money we could sign Tariq Sims and Maybe even Josh Papalli when both come off contract. We also need to consider that some of our younger guys will develop over the next few years and increase in value.
                            Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                              He will be a Rooster in 2014
                              Lol@the mafia

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                                Been a few weeks since the last $BW signing thread.

My life's been empty and unfulfilled.

Bullshit maaaate, you're on cloud 9. Boyd out, Morbs to get plenty of burn, I'd be surprised if you haven't got your stubbies down and jocks off as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X