'Refs should get tougher with Roosters' - ABC Commentator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Refs should get tougher with Roosters' - ABC Commentator

Just heard a bloke named Tim Gore talk about the Roosters and penalties. Basically, his argument is:

The Roosters have the best defence.
    The Roosters are the most penalised.
    Therefore the Roosters have the best defence BECAUSE they are the most penalised.

In other words, they are cheating in defence and getting away with it.

His solution:

Sin bin Roosters players if they concede 3 penalties in a game.
    Suspend Roosters players if they concede a certain number of penalties in the course of a year.

(Then, presumably, it will be much easier for Souths to win the comp.)

Obviously a souths supporter. Sure he dosen't work for news.

Comment

That's funny.

My personal fav is when you hear opposition fans whinge about the Reffs and penalties when their sides play us, and their side has actually won the count 2-1 or 3-1.

I love pointing the fact out and the look they give is always priceless.

Then all they can respond with is Easts are undisciplined, have been for years.

Sound argument IMO.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I love how this rule would only be in place for our club..
        Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Comment

I think Tim Gore is the Canberra commentator. Warren Ryan and David Morrow generally concede we get hammered unnecessarily.

Comment

Tim Gore has a regular segment "analysing" statistics. Well, you can't argue with stats, can you?

I wouldn't be surprised if sin binning for repeat infringements becomes the next weapon in the refs' campaign against us. It must be enormously frustrating for them to see us continue to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
              Tim Gore has a regular segment "analysing" statistics. Well, you can't argue with stats, can you?

I wouldn't be surprised if sin binning for repeat infringements becomes the next weapon in the refs' campaign against us. It must be enormously frustrating for them to see us continue to win games.
              Spirit, you sound like you think there is a conspiracy against us. How ridiculous!

The wise posters on this forum have already explained how this could not be possible, and that you must be a very silly person to believe otherwise. You must be only about one tenth as intelligent as these posters who, rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at silly billies like you, know that we have deserved to be massacred for the last 10 years, in spite of completely different coaches, players, ball boys and cheer girls.

Or in the words of Tony Archer, Ben Cummins, Jared Maxwell and Gavin Badger, "you think we're doing something wrong? Try and prove it. We say you are just undisciplined".

Comment

They started penalising us on the 4th last night I think tehere were 4 penalties after the 4th tackle was made Something that really hadnt been happening all year
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  They started penalising us on the 4th last night I think tehere were 4 penalties after the 4th tackle was made Something that really hadnt been happening all year
                  sand-brain.

Comment

My son and I watch every game and we always make a bet will it be the 4th or 5th tackle the opposition get the piggy back on most sets, you can see it coming , you can feel it coming then bang there goes the whistle on something all the teams do to us all game long. It's enough to make you cry if it wasn't so funny for being blatantly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                      sand-brain.
                      Coming from you Very rich You have NFI and are the court jester of this site Last night you were saying there is no bias agianst us from referees then 2 posts later you were agreeing with the same poster who was saying that some of the referees were cheats
                      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                        My son and I watch every game and we always make a bet will it be the 4th or 5th tackle the opposition get the piggy back on most sets, you can see it coming , you can feel it coming then bang there goes the whistle on something all the teams do to us all game long. It's enough to make you cry if it wasn't so funny for being blatantly obvious.
                        Yes it is obvious isn't it? Yet some on this very forum will not have a bar of the thought that we are singled out by the officials - although I notice, in the face of mounting and relentless evidence (last night was the worst bias I have seen in any sporting event ever), they are becoming very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                          Spirit, you sound like you think there is a conspiracy against us. How ridiculous!

The wise posters on this forum have already explained how this could not be possible, and that you must be a very silly person to believe otherwise. You must be only about one tenth as intelligent as these posters who, rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at silly billies like you, know that we have deserved to be massacred for the last 10 years, in spite of completely different coaches, players, ball boys and cheer girls.

Or in the words of Tony Archer, Ben Cummins, Jared Maxwell and Gavin Badger, "you think we're doing something wrong? Try and prove it. We say you are just undisciplined".
                          Talking about stats, I did find the Gavin Badger stats interesting. From 2002-2013, we won 52% of our games overall, but only 30% of our 20 games under Badger. In the same period, Canberra, who have won 46% of their games overall in the same period, have won 62% of their 26 games under Badger.

Comment

From memory we got penalised 60 seconds in, it was on from the whistle. Even my Titans supporting partner can see it.

Comment

Just heard a bloke named Tim Gore talk about the Roosters and penalties. Basically, his argument is:

The Roosters have the best defence.
                              The Roosters are the most penalised.
                              Therefore the Roosters have the best defence BECAUSE they are the most penalised.

In other words, they are cheating in defence and getting away with it.

His solution:

Sin bin Roosters players if they concede 3 penalties in a game.
                              Suspend Roosters players if they concede a certain number of penalties in the course of a year.

(Then, presumably, it will be much easier for Souths to win the comp.)
                              Actually I never thought of it like that, sin bins would probably stop some of our players giving them away.

Its out of the box thinking, but probably spot on.

Comment

Working...
                              X