'Refs should get tougher with Roosters' - ABC Commentator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fried chook View Post
    Should a team get penalised for good defence - apparently yes - 5 weeks JWH 2 weeks SBW but a sicko like Burgess gets two weeks for grabbing balls. He needs to realise we're not convicts anymore and he's a visitor in our country. Squirrel grips are not part of our game.
    The NRL has revealed Burgess came within a just a centimetre of getting a six-week dangerous contact charge rather than two weeks for contrary conduct.

“It was minor contact,” said Greg McCallum, the head of the match review panel.

“If he’d got a handful and squeezed, it would have been grade-three dangerous contact.

“We looked at extra angles from Channel Nine and it was more the image of what he did - it looked terrible.”

Burgess has apologised to his South Sydney teammates over the incident.

But there’s been no word of an apology to the player who really deserved one … Will Chambers.

What part of Chambers laying on the ground grimacing in pain with his hands holding his balls indicating "MAJOR" contact which "IS" $am burge$$ grabbing a handful and squeezing did the match review panel not understand???

But of course, if $am burge$$ did get the charge he deserved which is a grade three dangerous contact, he would have got 6 weeks plus a further 2 due to a poor record which would have effectively ruled him out for the rest of the season. We all know that the NRL couldn't have that as they are desperately trying to get $ouff$ over the line as that is their fairytale feel good story that they can cash in the most with!!

Also would love to know how on earth $utton is able to play tonight, only missing 1 game after that nasty ankle injury he sustained against the cowboys. He wasn't even able to limp off the field (which Cordner was able to do) it was that bad, and he said that he heard a crack, and yet he is able to play not long after it happened. WTF is happening at $ouff$ that enables $utton to play tonight as it defies all normal medical practices???
    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
      The NRL has revealed Burgess came within a just a centimetre of getting a six-week dangerous contact charge rather than two weeks for contrary conduct.

“If he’d got a handful and squeezed, it would have been grade-three dangerous contact.

“We looked at extra angles from Channel Nine and it was more the image of what he did - it looked terrible.”

But there’s been no word of an apology to the player who really deserved one … Will Chambers.

What part of Chambers laying on the ground grimacing in pain with his hands holding his balls indicating "MAJOR" contact which "IS" $am burge$$ grabbing a handful and squeezing did the match review panel not understand???

But of course, if $am burge$$ did get the charge he deserved which is a grade three dangerous contact, he would have got 6 weeks plus a further 2 due to a poor record which would have effectively ruled him out for the rest of the season. We all know that the NRL couldn't have that as they are desperately trying to get $ouff$ over the line as that is their fairytale feel good story that they can cash in the most with!!

Also would love to know how on earth $utton is able to play tonight, only missing 1 game after that nasty ankle injury he sustained against the cowboys. He wasn't even able to limp off the field (which Cordner was able to do) it was that bad, and he said that he heard a crack, and yet he is able to play not long after it happened. WTF is happening at $ouff$ that enables $utton to play tonight as it defies all normal medical practices???
      That has me mystified too. I happened to pick up that awful paper we all hate in a coffee shop in Randwick the other day (yes, I was that bored and desperate for something to read) and there he was. I thought it was at least a month's recovery time for such an injury.

And please don't get me started on the Burgess incident..I'm supposed to be a lady..I can't believe Greg McCallum coming out and advising there are now degrees and gradings according to the amount of squeezing going on! How about none at all thanks very much? Is this professional sport or Sex and the City?!
      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

If it had of been JWH instead of Burgess he would have been suspended till this time next year, but coz Sam is one of the "good guys" then it is ok.......pfft the NRL is quickly gaining the same level of integrity and propriety as the Indian Premier League/Pakistani cricket team (you get my drift).

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
          That has me mystified too. I happened to pick up that awful paper we all hate in a coffee shop in Randwick the other day (yes, I was that bored and desperate for something to read) and there he was. I thought it was at least a month's recovery time for such an injury.

And please don't get me started on the Burgess incident..I'm supposed to be a lady..I can't believe Greg McCallum coming out and advising there are now degrees and gradings according to the amount of squeezing going on! How about none at all thanks very much? Is this professional sport or Sex and the City?!
          I think they are having a lend of everyone on this incident and how they have graded it. i am assuming along with the video McCallum has called Sam Burgess in and said "demonstrate on me how hard you squeezed". "are you sure it wasn't this hard" as McCallum squeezed Sam Burgess, "No if i squeezed really hard it would have felt like this". "oh shit ok well two weeks will do".

This sought of behaviour sits with the biter, eye gougers, the finger pokers and squirrel grippers and needs to be dealt with appropriately.

Comment

It is indecent assault. I would hop their mother is ashamed of her sons' behaviour this year
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

In regards to Burgess I can only think of the saying Those on glass houses In that I am referring to SBW only getting two weeks For what appeared to be a reckless shoulder to the head of Mason SBW was very lucky woth how that tackle was graded

Its not what you are it is who you are Burgess is not the only one treated in that manner
              We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                It is indecent assault. I would hop their mother is ashamed of her sons' behaviour this year
                Been talking to a few old school pigs after this incident & all agreed that there were "no go" areas back in their days. This was one of them. If anyone did it ended up a free for all melee.

Grub act, Burgess.

Comment

There was a huge amount of swelling with $utton's ankle and he could not put any weight on it at all, needing assistance to be able to leave the field. $utton is able to make it back after 1 week out, absolutely incredible, a true medical marvel, a miracle! Cordner was able to put some weight on his ankle with managing to limp from the field and yet he is out for at least 6 weeks. Yes RWB, it is mystifying!!

As you say, what a joke it is with McCallum coming out advising about degrees and gradings according to the amount of testicle squeezing going on. How absurd!! Why on earth was Chambers clutching at his privates, clearly in a lot of pain and unable to get up to play the ball with another player having to do it for him if $am burge$$ didn't use quite an amount of force with grabbing his testicles and squeezing hard??? Chambers was doing this for the fun of it??? Th whole thing is a joke!!

Clearly the NRL are helping out $ouff$ cause it is in their interests to do so, as this case with $am burge$$ makes no sense at all and just adds to the long list to prove it!!

By the way RWB, at least you didn't pay for that toilet rag daily tellucrap!
                  The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                    In regards to Burgess I can only think of the saying Those on glass houses In that I am referring to SBW only getting two weeks For what appeared to be a reckless shoulder to the head of Mason SBW was very lucky woth how that tackle was graded

Its not what you are it is who you are Burgess is not the only one treated in that manner
                    I have seen worse than what SBW did get let off. Because of the squirrel grip that $am burge$$ did, everyone now forgets about the head high tackle that he did with nearly decapitating slater. burge$$ should have got a few weeks for that easily but instead nothing gets mentioned.

You are 100% correct Mr Walker when you say that burge$$ isn't the only one treated in this favorable manner, you can add slater and smith from the storm and several bull$cumdog$hit players as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
                      If it had of been JWH instead of Burgess he would have been suspended till this time next year, but coz Sam is one of the "good guys" then it is ok.......pfft the NRL is quickly gaining the same level of integrity and propriety as the Indian Premier League/Pakistani cricket team (you get my drift).
                      Spot on with everything there FC!!

Comment

There was a huge amount of swelling with $utton's ankle and he could not put any weight on it at all, needing assistance to be able to leave the field. $utton is able to make it back after 1 week out, absolutely incredible, a true medical marvel, a miracle! Cordner was able to put some weight on his ankle with managing to limp from the field and yet he is out for at least 6 weeks. Yes RWB, it is mystifying!!

As you say, what a joke it is with McCallum coming out advising about degrees and gradings according to the amount of testicle squeezing going on. How absurd!! Why on earth was Chambers clutching at his privates, clearly in a lot of pain and unable to get up to play the ball with another player having to do it for him if $am burge$$ didn't use quite an amount of force with grabbing his testicles and squeezing hard??? Chambers was doing this for the fun of it??? Th whole thing is a joke!!

Clearly the NRL are helping out $ouff$ cause it is in their interests to do so, as this case with $am burge$$ makes no sense at all and just adds to the long list to prove it!!

lol

mate, I don't reckon there's a person on here who talks more shit than you

and it's a pretty hot field

you are dead set unstoppable

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                          lol

mate, I don't reckon there's a person on here who talks more shit than you

and it's a pretty hot field

you are dead set unstoppable
                          This coming from you who works at the daily tellucrap, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you ought to talk champ!!! Holy f**k you are priceless!!

FMD you talk that much $hit no one knows where your mouth starts and your ar$e finishes!!!

Now run along and go make phil the dill rothwit another irish coffee like a good little boy and don't go easy on that cheap whisky either as you know how he likes it in more ways than one don't you tony!!

Comment

Was handed today's edition at a fancy place in Bellevue Hill today to read whilst having coffee and I couldn't look at it as Inglis and Sammy the Squirrel were splashed all over it. It's a health code violation I'm sure to have these types of images around whilst food is being served..

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Andy, SBW's shoulder charge is his trademark. Yes, it's outlawed blah, blah blah, but surely even you cannot compare it to molesting another player's private area. One is simply playing rough footy and the other is grossly disgusting and not in the spirit of the game..ANY game...

Comment

Andy, SBW's shoulder charge is his trademark. Yes, it's outlawed blah, blah blah, but surely even you cannot compare it to molesting another player's private area. One is simply playing rough footy and the other is grossly disgusting and not in the spirit of the game..ANY game...
                                Let us hope that he doesn't learn the "Parramatta Grip".

Comment

Working...
                                X