Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
    Far out, what an optimist you are..

I'm glad you don't sit next to me........

I'm an optimist in general...but I've seen many Roosters teams lose games they should've won easily.

Toops was beaten down his wing last match.
    Our defence out wide is still suspect IMO.

Anyone know where we have to finish to get a home final?
    Ray Warren was saying on tv yesterday that if the Knights could finish 5th or 6th they'd get a home final.

I thought the top 4 teams got home finals.

Comment

The Top 2 get home finals. 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. The losers of these games get home finals in the following week.

Comment

Further to that teams 5 and 6 also get home finals. 5 plays 8 and 6 plays 7 with the loser of each game eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
          I was confident until this morning. My Tigers spy told me... The ambush is on tonight. Early Tigers blitz for two or three tries then hang on for the last 60 mins in defence with the refs help.
          We have been warned.... you heard it here first. My spy told me that is their plan as they can only defend for 60 mins. When I asked him how would they defend for the other 20 he said. " dunno.... I'm sure we will get some piggy back penalties".
          Nothing would surprise me these days...look at the outrageous penalty blitzes against Manly and Melbourne.

5 straight penalties to the Knights yesterday from the start of the match...6-1 to them at half time.
          9-2 towards the back end of the game.

Give 5 or 6 straight penalties against us, the Tigers get 2 or 3 tries in front, bye bye Roosters without cordner and Mini, possible.

Will the ball be dripping wet when the Tigers kick it off tonite...wet like it was yesterday most of the time when the Knights were kicking it off from restarts?

Cronk complained to the ref, the Gus kept on about it.

Wetting the ball, hoping the other team drops if from the restarts? wouldn't that be cheating?
          Our players must keep watching other teams now, obviously, so we don't get cheated.

If it's 'anything goes', then we should be wetting the ball too!
          Last edited by bondi-boy; 08-19-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
            The Top 2 get home finals. 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. The losers of these games get home finals in the following week.
            Thank you, and thanks to mightyrooster for the info...much appreciated.

Hopefully we finish first and minor premiers...if not, at least second.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
              Nothing would surprise me these days...look at the outrageous penalty blitzes against Manly and Melbourne.

5 straight penalties to the Knights yesterday from the start of the match...6-1 to them at half time.
              9-2 towards the back end of the game.
              According to Todd Greenburg, you shouldn't be talking about these things. The important thing is "growing the game", "ensuring there is a good contest" and generally improving the product offered in a competitive sporting landscape.

The referees play their part in this e.g. 9-2 penalty counts in front of one team towns like Newcastle; or 10-3 penalty counts to Souths (and ensuring the Roosters lose at least one more game) to ensure the last round has a blockbuster game for the Minor Premiership.

Comment

If the team fires up tonight and doesn't go in all complacent this could be anything. I'm talking 50 or 60 nil.

Comment

I reckon LOD in for Arona.

Also Mick Potter said Farah hopeful for Dragons game if not then back for Souths so can't see him playing tonight.

Roosters by 30+

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post

Wetting the ball, hoping the other team drops if from the restarts? wouldn't that be cheating?
                    Our players must keep watching other teams now, obviously, so we don't get cheated.

If it's 'anything goes', then we should be wetting the ball too!
                    Never mind wetting the ball, there is a couple of you guys wetting your panties at the prospect of facing Braiths mighty Tigepies tonight. Im expecting a toweling in the 50 point region.

Comment

both MacDonald and Langi both not playing NYC tonight, will be interesting to see if either is included in first grade tonight or if they are 18th and 19th men.

Comment

Roosters score and miss conversion .

Roosters 10
                        Tiger 24

8mins till half time
                        My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                        My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Langi playing first grade - you heard it here first.

Comment

Chooks in again

Roosters 14
                            Tigers 24

Kick to come

Comment

Conversion missed from infront

Comment

Originally posted by Roostarz View Post
                                Langi playing first grade - you heard it here first.
                                Well he's certainly not playing 20's.

Presumably he's 18th man and all, but if he was playing 1st's it must mean O'Donnel's out and he's in.
                                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
                                X