O'Donnell's hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
    That depends on who you want to play in Week 1 of the finals. If we finish first, we'll probably play Manly. If we finish second, probably Melbourne. I'd go for Manly, I think.

Of course, if we can win against the Sharks and the Titans, we can rest the whole team against the Vermin and still finish Number 1.
    I would go for Manly also.But if we win and Souths win then we possibly play the Storm in the Grand Final qualifier..
    Also i think the Sharks will be ready for us next Monday,they will want to avenge the beating we handed them last time..
    Will be a tough challenge,without LOD and Cordner!

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
      Of course, if we can win against the Sharks and the Titans, we can rest the whole team against the Vermin and still finish Number 1.
      Now wouldn't that just shit the scum !!!! I love the idea !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        He gave away a penalty in posession and then the stupid tackle.

I'm surprised he stayed out there as long as he did without being hooked.
        This !

The penalty in possession 10mtrs out was unforgivable .... supposedly from the guy they brought into the team for his experience !

Comment

Apart from that brain explosion which he will do time for that was easily his best game for us.

He played pretty much the whole game I think and stood up to be counted. After watching the the replay again we are going to miss him.

Comment

He played 46 min according to NRLstats JFC.

We need LOD in the finals, he has been enormous for us this year. His aggression and experience will be needed in the finals against teams such as Souffs and Manly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye:327079
              Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              He gave away a penalty in posession and then the stupid tackle.

I'm surprised he stayed out there as long as he did without being hooked.
              This !

The penalty in possession 10mtrs out was unforgivable .... supposedly from the guy they brought into the team for his experience !
              In his defence, I thought he was hard done by there and the penalty should have gone the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                In his defence, I thought he was hard done by there and the penalty should have gone the other way.
                Agreed ...the penalty could quite have easily gone his way, but one of the basic things footballers are taught is to not get involved in anything when you are in possession of the ball. The so called 'experienced' player of our pack, should know better. Yeah Baldy Keiff was mauling him a bit in the tackle (nothing that looked overly bad), but he got up played the ball and then shoved him, and then it all escalated into nothing more than push and shove, but LOD's overreaction was only ever going to potentially lead us into trouble with the pink bandits .... and we all know they look for any excuse to hammer anyone in a red white and blue jumper !

Comment

Isaac Liu is on the up.

Big fan of this kid.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Does anyone remember what Richard F'aoosa got when he dumped Inglis on his head, not once but twice. Surely they can't give LOD more than two weeks, if that.
                    Last edited by The Sack; 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                      Does anyone remember what Richard F'aoosa got when he dumped Ingle on his head, not once but twice. Surely they can't give LOD more than two weeks, if that.
                      He got 9 weeks I think, LOD should get 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Fa'aoso got eight weeks for two separate incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                          Mick potter was interviewed by triple m, he basically said it was more spectacular than dangerous.

With those sorts of comments from the opposition coach, the club can certainly use this to their advantage.
                          Well said by Potter, that summed up the incident perfectly!

Inu got 4 weeks for a spear tackle earlier this year which was far worse than what LOD did! Imo LOD should get 2 weeks max, anything more than that would be farcical!
                          The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

What a stupid play by LOD. Really not required at any time on the football field...I felt sick seeing it. Everyone involved is very lucky he landed like he did and not on his head.

I think he will get 3-4 weeks for the dangerous throw. If he is given longer I would get rid of him...we have too much younger talent to need to bother with players like LOD.

Comment

thank you mr potter, looked more like he flung him physically rather than lifted him in a tackle, must have been some momentum to allow trhat anyway, time to fight one for a change, we do need his mongrel!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                                thank you mr potter, looked more like he flung him physically rather than lifted him in a tackle, must have been some momentum to allow trhat anyway, time to fight one for a change, we do need his mongrel!
                                Agree totally there was no downward force applied by Luke.The roosters must challenge this one if there is some sort of silly grading of it.I actually think he shouldn't be charged at all these things happen in a game sometimes you tackle somebody and the next thing they are in the air i don't think it was his intention to drop this guy on his head he let him go he flung him not speared him.

Comment

Working...
                                X