No announcement yet.

Tupou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toops ball security was a concern, but he seems to be improving there, still an occasional glitch but nonetheless has improved.

Think the area he really needs to work on is his defence. Has made a few bad misses over the past few weeks, and I'm sure he's working hard on it .... if you saw his reaction to missing the tackle in the Tigers last try last night, you'll see how dirty on himself he was for missing that tackle !

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      I'm still not sold on him.

He makes too many simple errors, his commitment in defence is questionable and he doesn't win as many high balls as he should given his height.

The best facet of his game has been his metres coming out of our own end but he's still got a long way to go imo.
      hey there 6. I believe that trent has told the boys not to contest the ball in the air. put pressure on the receiver and let him drop it or if he doesn't dominate the tackle and keep them trapped in the corner as long as possible. a fully in flight winger jumping for a contest against a set full back is a 50 % 50 result. im sure of it. I hope that's not why rts is afraid to catch a bomb
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Surprised by his speed too. Good.

Comment

Heard his little sister is in hospital, and he rushed over to the hospital straight after the match. If true, hope toops and his little sister get better.

Comment

I may be the odd one out here but I reckon if he can iron out the minor faults in his game - mainly due to age/experience - in time he'd make an even better Fullback than wing...Tall, great under the high ball, strong and fast, with an ability to break tackles, he'd be very similar to what Inglis was a few years back.

Comment

that try he scored where he ran straight and hard through the tigers d off the scrum win was my favourite.
              imagine Sammy p trying to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1:327356
                that try he scored where he ran straight and hard through the tigers d off the scrum win was my favourite.
                probably would of got smashed and carried into touch.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                  Melbourne Vs Roosters 2010

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                    Melbourne Vs Roosters 2010
                    what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                      what happened?
                      He did a busting run or something, he did two I think scored one and set Linnett up with one.

Comment

Toops has been steadily improving al year, you can see he is listening to what he is being asked to do. Cant ask for much more than that.

He has lost that tentative approach to the line he had in the first half of the year. He has the potential to be anything....

Comment

Originally posted by Sikk View Post
                          Toops has been steadily improving al year, you can see he is listening to what he is being asked to do. Cant ask for much more than that.

He has lost that tentative approach to the line he had in the first half of the year. He has the potential to be anything....
                          Couldn't have said it better myself.. Spot on mate.

Comment

tupou is a great winger but has to run at the line with great force and he will be a handful for a lot of defenders
                            was born a sydney roosters fanatic
                            "we're the roosters, we'll be fine"

Comment

he is progressing well but he is definitely going to be pressured going forward by the likes of capewell, mcdonald and moga

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                                he is progressing well but he is definitely going to be pressured going forward by the likes of capewell, mcdonald and moga
                                By the time the first two blokes are ready, Mini will have retired, and there will be a vacancy in the backline.

First grade wise, I reckon Toops is way in front of Moga anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X