No announcement yet.

Roosters vs Sharks Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beware the speed camera on capt cook drive!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
      beware the speed camera on capt cook drive!
      That whole Middle Eastern Distributor is a black hole.

They could not have designed a worse way to get to games. But then the SFS was built in the mid 80s when the Roosters were going terribly.
      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

IF we play for 80 mins we'll roll em. We can't afford to start like we did against the Tigers.

Pearce for MOM.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
          I'm back baby.

Roosters vs Sharks - Monday 26th of August, kick off 7pm @ Remondis Stadium.

Roosters:
          1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
          2 Daniel Tupou
          3 Michael Jennings
          4 Mitchell Aubusson
          5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
          6 James Maloney
          7 Mitchell Pearce
          8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
          9 Jake Friend
          10 Sam Moa
          11 Aidan Guerra
          12 Sonny Bill Williams
          13 Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Interchange
          14 Daniel Mortimer
          15 Luke O'Donnell
          16 Isaac Liu
          17 Dylan Napa

Coach: Trent Robinson

Sharks:
          1 Michael Gordon
          2 Sosaia Feki
          3 Ben Pomeroy
          4 Jonathan Wright
          5 Beau Ryan
          6 Todd Carney
          7 Jeff Robson
          8 Andrew Fifita
          9 John Morris
          10 Bryce Gibbs
          11 Luke Lewis
          12 Wade Graham
          13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
          14 Isaac De Gois
          15 Chris Heighington
          16 Jayson Bukuya
          17 Anthony Tupou
          18 Sam Tagataese

Coach: Shane Flanagan
          For me this will be a danger game and a good test for our team, in particular the forward pack! The Sharks forward pack is very experienced and will be hard to stop up the middle. Even their bench forwards are very handy and a lot more dangerous than our bench.

We really need JWH and SBW to step up and lead the other forwards around the field.

In saying this and saying that this is a danger game, I cant really see the Sharks scoring enough points to beat us...their backs are terrible. Carney and Gordon are the only live wires in their team!

Comment

If we lose tonight, it's almost scripted to be a tight finish at the Rabbitohs game.

Both Cronulla and Titans have the best forwards in the game, up to them to decide whether they show up.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingNothing:328261
              If we lose tonight, it's almost scripted to be a tight finish at the Rabbitohs game.

Both Cronulla and Titans have the best forwards in the game, up to them to decide whether they show up.
              You seriously think they have better packs than ours?

I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                You seriously think they have better packs than ours?

I don't.
                The funny thing about who has the best frwd pack is that nobody ever mentions the storm. Souths,sharks,cowboys,dogs, get talked about, but the team sitting 3rd are very quietly spoken of. Or is it that the big 3 is the only thing ever mentioned of melb?

Comment

Tonights game

Most punters would think that tonights game will be a forgone conclusion.

Im not starting to see it this way at all.

The sharks players can now put asada behind them and are mentally and physically ready to face premiership favs the mighty chooks. Last encounter saw a 40 point hiding in vastly different circumstances. The sharks were stressed, injured and under strength. They will be massively up for this game, especially Toddy.

Where it will be won?

Roosters defence and the sharks fairly one dimensional attack.
                  After TCs achilles op he has lost a step of speed so his ability to run across field and draw defenders has put more pressure on his passing game. I think he is up to a dozen cutout forward passes that have hit wingers on the fly only to be called back. Mick Gordon is a brilliant hole runner. Gal and Luke Lewis will hit the fringes. Toops will start second phase. Bryce Gibbs, Lewis, Gallen, Heighington nearly always find their front when making hit ups, so thats where they will get a roll from.

Still,this should not be enough to trouble the roosters.

My guess is the chooks will target Pommeroy and Beau Ryans side. Watching them combat the likes of Jennings and SBW should be interesting but Sonny normally attacks down the right side.

If I was targeting the chooks I would go after Daniel Tupou.

My prediction sharks up at half time, roosters at full time $6.50.
                  barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

The Roosters will be tested by the guppies, of this I have no doubt. If the Roosters get a fair shake from the officials it will be an enjoyable game to watch. The absence of Cordner and LOD is not to be underestimated.

GO EASTS.
                    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Sonny Bill to run at Carney all night and get a double.

Comment

• If the Roosters play like they did in the first half against the Tigers, they will lose.

If they play like they did in the second half, they will win.

I reckon the Roosters are just about to put their foot on the accelerator to start building semi final momentum. Not sure if it will be this week or next though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tonight and don't lose another game this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                          Sonny Bill to run at Carney all night and get a double.
                          and guerra following

I agree they will be ready but I believe we will be on tonight

roosters by 20

Comment

• Fcuk! Arona is playing.

Comment

• Should be a good game. I think it will be a low scoring game. Roosters 16 - 8

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                                Fcuk! Arona is playing.
                                doubt it

Paul Green has been forced into a host of changes for tonight's Holden Cup clash with the 14th placed Sharks at Remondis Stadium.

Five-eighth Samisoni Langi, backrowers Jack Noble and Jack Siejka and utility Bradley Deitz were named on Tuesday by Green but will miss the clash after the Head Coach confirmed his side for the Monday night clash this afternoon.

Winger Graham Su'a Poe, backrower Matt Baker, prop Tuiala Togitasi and utility Clarrie Moore have been called as replacements.

The new-look outfit sees a host of positional changes also, which you can check out by clicking
                                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X