Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souths for Minor Premiers

The script is written.
    Round 26 80 minutes gone and Souths will be victors.

Round 23 they were given the helping hand and guided to the win. With three games to go they needed the roosters to drop two games.
    Round 24 Roosters were dealt the Sharks. A team that conveniently was shaken up with salary cap allegations and the end to Asada interviews, they had a full strength side and it would be their fairy tail win. The refs arrive at the stadium whistle happy and 80 minutes later Sharks have just been awarded the golden ticket by the nrl with every 50/50 call going their way and at least two wrong decisions by the video judges.

Round 26 will decide the minor premiers but it has already been written in the little black book. Put your house on it.

We'll win it if we're good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
      We'll win it if we're good enough.
      yes ray and if so it will be against all odds.we also have a short turnaround after playing the titans

Comment

GC6, keep in mind the lovely schedule the vermin scum have been given for the final rounds - Friday > Friday > Friday - a nice regular 7 day turnaround. Contrast that with the schedule for the Roosters - Monday > Sunday > Friday.

Good luck Roosters, you're going to need some.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
          yes ray and if so it will be against all odds.we also have a short turnaround after playing the titans
          I too noted this How one side gets a massive advanatge such as this for a game everyone Knew could decide the minor premiership is very questionable
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

If Souths do win the minor premiership it may be good for us. Coz then all of a sudden the media attention will be on them, they wouldnt want to lose coz everyone will be expecting them to win and the attention will be off us.

But. the other side of the coin is we would have to play Melbourne if we finish 2nd where as if we win the minor premiership we would play Manly.

Comment

Originally posted by GC6 View Post
              The script is written.

Round 23 they were given the helping hand and guided to the win. With three games to go they needed the roosters to drop two games.
              Round 24 Roosters were dealt the Sharks. A team that conveniently was shaken up with salary cap allegations and the end to Asada interviews, they had a full strength side and it would be their fairy tail win. The refs arrive at the stadium whistle happy and 80 minutes later Sharks have just been awarded the golden ticket by the nrl with every 50/50 call going their way and at least two wrong decisions by the video judges.

Round 26 will decide the minor premiers but it has already been written in the little black book. Put your house on it.
              Please! Lets do away with the conspiracies, it's becoming a terrible joke. We are starting to sound like whinging poms. We have had a great year and will continue to do well, but blaming the refs and NRL when we lose or things don't go our away is very childish, Souths like us have had some good and bad luck, I do not believe there is any conspiracy with any team, we lost last night because we were simply out enthused in the first half, we will know how good we are by how we bounce back over the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_sta View Post
                If Souths do win the minor premiership it may be good for us. Coz then all of a sudden the media attention will be on them, they wouldnt want to lose coz everyone will be expecting them to win and the attention will be off us.

But. the other side of the coin is we would have to play Melbourne if we finish 2nd where as if we win the minor premiership we would play Manly.
                We need to make sure we win next week Or we could still finish 3rd I think Manly play Melbouren this week though So a Manly win would change that

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
                  Please! Lets do away with the conspiracies, it's becoming a terrible joke. We are starting to sound like whinging poms. We have had a great year and will continue to do well, but blaming the refs and NRL when we lose or things don't go our away is very childish, Souths like us have had some good and bad luck, I do not believe there is any conspiracy with any team, we lost last night because we were simply out enthused in the first half, we will know how good we are by how we bounce back over the next two weeks.
                  you're wasting your time with these freaks

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                    you're wasting your time with these freaks

I knew you would not let me down

Comment

So you think it is just co incidence That RND 23 Souths get a massive leg up to win Then RND 24 they do everything in their power to stop us making a successful comeback after a diabolical 1st half

These two things are just the tip of an ver growing ice berg

Personally This is not a thread I would have started o r is it a thread that needed to be started Its all been said before I truly feel sorry for those who cannot see what is happening right unmder their noses

IGNORANCE IS BLISS ?

Comment

Originally posted by GC6 View Post
                        The script is written.

Who gives a shit first or second is pretty much the same.

We are there, other than the Cordner injury we are fit and we have a massive chance.

Comment

Agreed TapeMan, but I think we showed ourselves last night in that second 1/2 we are a very dangerous team.

Not many teams could come back mentally from 26-0 at 1/2 time. And if a few decisions rolled our way we'd have actually got them.

The game ended up 4 tries each. When they started taking the 2 in the 2nd 1/2 I reckon it showed they had skiddies in their undies.

My concern was the Vidiots and not following protocol. Interfering in knock ons is not in their charter. And going against the onfield Reffs decisions when the evidence to overcall isn't 100% clear, even on slowmo, is crap.

We still played loose and without discipline. That's why we lost.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                            Agreed TapeMan, but I think we showed ourselves last night in that second 1/2 we are a very dangerous team.

Not many teams could come back mentally from 26-0 at 1/2 time. And if a few decisions rolled our way we'd have actually got them.

The game ended up 4 tries each. When they started taking the 2 in the 2nd 1/2 I reckon it showed they had skiddies in their undies.

My concern was the Vidiots and not following protocol. Interfering in knock ons is not in their charter. And going against the onfield Reffs decisions when the evidence to overcall isn't 100% clear, even on slowmo, is crap.

We still played loose and without discipline. That's why we lost.

The only worry is how many penalties did we need to get over their line

Comment

Originally posted by kobber View Post
                              The only worry is how many penalties did we need to get over their line
                              That's only becaus they kept giving penalties inside their 10

Comment

Working...
                              X