Monday's penalty count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's penalty count.

Hi guys, I know this subject has been done to death - but I watched the game again last night to take a closer look at the penalties (it's hard to be objective at the game, as I lose a bit of focus due to all the swearing)

I might be wrong, but I reckon we lost the penalty count 11-10, when everything I've read (including on here) told me that we won it.

We lost the first half 6-5 and drew the second half 5-5.

Not really a big deal, but it just made me wonder why it's been reported in the papers, radio and online that we won the count when we didn't.

Anyone who can count up to 11 please comment, because maybe I just can't count.......

Your probably right, Rule No1 don't belive anything from the tele or fox sports.

Comment

I went onto the NRL.com site and summed the PenA tab for each team
      Sharpies 11 Roosters 10. Therefore Roosters won the count conceding less penalties!
      FYI Gallen conceded 5 and SBW 4!
      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
        Sharpies 11 Roosters 10. Therefore Roosters won the count conceding less penalties!
        FYI Gallen conceded 5 and SBW 4!
        Yeah, I checked there as well, but going through the game on IQ, I'm pretty sure it was the other way.

It's a bit of a worry if I'm correct. Will apologise to all and sundry if I'm talking out of my ar$e.

Comment

Where's the DT article complaining that refs should use the sin bin for repeat offenders who are guilty of giving away penalties consistenty inside their own 20m to slow the attacking teams momentum? I won't hold my breath waiting to see it.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
            FYI Gallen conceded 5 a
            nd SBW 4!
            Put another log on the fire
            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I noticed most of the penalties we got were inside there 20. Of little use to at all, killing any momentum and allowing them to get there defencive line set. Where as they got plenty of piggy backs up the field as well as some in handy goal kicking position when they wanted those.
              Proud member of the Ricky Stuart Appreciation club - Laurie Frier walks on water tra lal lala lar la la lar.

A Rooster is a cocky strutting bird that will not take a backward step!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                Hi guys, I know this subject has been done to death - but I watched the game again last night to take a closer look at the penalties (it's hard to be objective at the game, as I lose a bit of focus due to all the swearing)

I might be wrong, but I reckon we lost the penalty count 11-10, when everything I've read (including on here) told me that we won it.

We lost the first half 6-5 and drew the second half 5-5.

Not really a big deal, but it just made me wonder why it's been reported in the papers, radio and online that we won the count when we didn't.

Anyone who can count up to 11 please comment, because maybe I just can't count.......

Add to that 5 of the penalties we received were on the 1st and 2nd tackle inside the opposition 20, not like the constant piggy back penalties the Sharks got coming our of trouble, or for them dropping the ball

Comment

Originally posted by tri-hard View Post
                  I noticed most of the penalties we got were inside there 20. Of little use to at all, killing any momentum and allowing them to get there defencive line set. Where as they got plenty of piggy backs up the field as well as some in handy goal kicking position when they wanted those.
                  Nothing to see here apparently tri. I've done my share of analysis this year in regards to this whole question but I've stopped myself going further because I'm afraid of what I'd find.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We got 4 or 5 penalties early in the second half when we were down 26 nil. The refs panicked though when we crept back into it. The Sharks then got 4 or 5 in row which killed the comeback.

Comment

Why wasn't the sin bin used for the Sharks repeated infringements on their line?

The penalties weren't worrying them...and the use of the bin could have...or should have turned the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Why wasn't the sin bin used for the Sharks repeated infringements on their line?

The penalties weren't worrying them...and the use of the bin could have...or should have turned the game.
                        That's probably a question for that idiot from the ABC.......

Comment

well all laugh loudly when they get removed from the nrl? so if they get relocated to central coast wont be bears or shasrks maybe shears?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                            well all laugh loudly when they get removed from the nrl? so if they get relocated to central coast wont be bears or shasrks maybe shears?
                            Berks?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                              Put another log on the fire
                              Exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X