The only report on Monday's game - SBW targets Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only report on Monday's game - SBW targets Ryan

So the Telegraph is having a dummy spit about SBW deliberately targeting Ryan cause of his gags on The Footy Show.

Really... this is all they could report on?

Mind you, no direct quotes, once again.

VIDEO: IT has emerged that the Sydney Roosters were out to get Sharks joker Beau Ryan on Monday night over his Sonny Bill Williams gags.
    While the post-match controversy has focused on Paul Gallen and Brian Smith, Sharks winger Beau Ryan went into the game with a target on his head.

Some Roosters players felt The Footy Show prankster had crossed the line with his weekly impersonations of Sonny Bill Williams and wanted revenge.

Coincidentally, Ryan was whacked hard early and sat-out the second 40 minutes with concussion.

Twice Williams conceded penalties to get at Ryan, with a wild shoulder charge just six minutes in and by roughing him up on the ground after 15 minutes.

Ryan was then left groggy after being smashed in a strong tackle from Michael Jennings and James Maloney after about 25 minutes.

And after Monday night’s spiteful encounter - both on the field and Twittersphere - Gallen is no longer a Tri-colours sympathiser.

His father’s remarkable spray at former Roosters coach Smith - the man who thought Gallen was too short to play NRL at Parramatta more than a decade ago - headlines a hatred between the two teams that could explode should they meet again in next month’s finals.

Watch the video of Beau Ryan's antics and the hit above

The biggest on-field flash point came near half-time when Roosters rookie Dylan Napa squared-up Gallen with a seismic shot.

Asked about the hit at the break on Triple M radio, Gallen replied: “I ran at him (Napa) three times and he got me once, so I’m up!"

NRL battle: Gallen v SmithSharks captain Paul Gallen wants nothing to do with Brian Smith after being drawn into a nasty Twitter spat with the former NRL coach.
    That remark triggered a proactive tweet from Smith: “He ran at him once and got smashed next two times he ran away from him to avoid further embarrassment."

Moments later, Smith then replied to a tweet mentioning peptides - the banned substance Sharks players have been accused of taking in 2011.

And it’s not the first time he’s weighed into the drugs debate.

In early February, Smith wrote an online article recalling an unnamed player who had morphed into a superstar after being told to try elsewhere.

"A pretty fair player who fitted the ‘before’ photo in a bodybuilding mag left my club as we did not think he would get ‘the rig necessary to cut it in the NRL’," Smith wrote.

Cronulla Sharks upset ladder leaders Sydney RoostersA sizzling first half performance from Cronulla sets up victory against an outgunned Sydney Roosters, despite a late fightback from Trent Robinson's team.
    "To our surprise, he bobbed up at another club just a couple of seasons later looking like the ‘after’ photo!

"He has absolutely carved it and is now one of the top line in our sport. Did he cheat to get there? I have no proof.

"Perhaps the latest big investigation will uncover the validity of these types of accusations or innuendos to clear that player or condemn those who have taken the short cut."

Later on Monday night, Gallen’s father Garry used his son’s Twitter account to fire back at Smith with a series of barbs about his coaching record.

Gallen then opened-up on his feelings about Smith during an interview with Sky Sports Radio on Tuesday.

"I won’t be going back and forth with Brian Smith to give his life any significance," Gallen said.

"He can have his time in the sun for the next 24 hours and that’s about all he’s good for. I won’t be getting involved with him anymore.

"Obviously he didn’t like me at Parramatta when I was a kid. I had a meeting with him about 2003-04 to go back there and (since then) I’ve had nothing to do with him."

Gallen also exchanged heated words with Roosters opposite Frank Paul-Nu’uasala late in the game, with Williams appearing by his team mate’s side.

A confrontation between Gallen and Williams would be a marketers dream, given controversial agent Khoder Nasser has started drawing-up long term plans for a super fight between the pair.

Nasser - who manages Williams - has been in touch with Gallen about a post-career move into boxing.

Basically a story about nothing. Who cares what they think?

Comment

Did he swear at Beau too?

Comment

The LOL's will come out thick and fast on Cronulla . There fines will be 10 fold than Essedons .They will be broke. They will have to relocate.
        Now snatch the only decent player they have gor Fafita Fajita
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
          The LOL's will come out thick and fast on Cronulla . There fines will be 10 fold than Essedons .They will be broke. They will have to relocate.
          Now snatch the only decent player they have gor Fafita Fajita
          We could call him Chicken Fajita

Comment

Talk about a bunch of princesses.

Gallen can't cop a bit of criticism.

Ryan got roughed up? It was a love tap. Maybe he should stick to singing, kissing and mounting little indian men in Parramatta.

And here comes Rothwit on his white horse to stick up for them.

I can't wait for the drug cheating charges to be laid.

Comment

If hes man enough to dish it out hes man enough to cop it.

A couple of episodes ago during SBW tv he showed a picture of JWH and SBW portrayed as homosexuals. Making fun of someone of is a low blow to get tv ratings

Maloney is way funnier and hes the only half reason I occassionally watch the footy show. NRL 360 and Sterlo are much better. Hopefully we meet em again in the finals and SBW gives Ryan more than a love tap

Comment

Matty Johns got the sack for his Elton Johns skit, so shouldn't Beau get dropped too if he's using homosexuality as an insult?

Comment

Get that into you Beau. Concussed were you son.Cop it sweet you thoroughly deserved it.And as for Gallen taking up boxing he should forget it he couldn't even knock Myles on his arse with two big king hits hes no Klitchko that's for sure LOL

Comment

Ryan dogged it! He couldn't handle the heat out on the field and had to go off after a fairy tap, what a cat!

Imagine the howls of injustice that would have come from rothwit if the shoe was on the other foot with the refereeing/video ref from that game!
                    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Who farrken cares if Gallen is a 'tri-colours sympathiser'?

What the **** has he got to be sympathetic about?

We're running first, have more history than any club in the league and 12 comps next to our name.

What does he have?

A bruised arse from all the needle jabbing, most likely a tiny package because of said needle jabbing, no premierships OR state of origins next to his name and a head like a beaten favourite.....oh, and judging by his pathetic tweets, a mentally challenged dumb carnt to boot.

Get a ****en dog up ya Gallen...

Comment

P.S If Beau Ryan put as much effort into playing footy as he does telling un-funny jokes, he might get a run at Newtown one day...

Comment

Might have been drunk but i thought Ryan went off concussed after his head slammed into the ground in a legal tackle, unlike rts who got his head slammed in an illegal tackle

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
                            If hes man enough to dish it out hes man enough to cop it.

A couple of episodes ago during SBW tv he showed a picture of JWH and SBW portrayed as homosexuals. Making fun of someone of is a low blow to get tv ratings

Maloney is way funnier and hes the only half reason I occassionally watch the footy show. NRL 360 and Sterlo are much better. Hopefully we meet em again in the finals and SBW gives Ryan more than a love tap
                            It's a mystery as to why people watch that show tbh. Apart from the really rare odd laugh here and there, it's the same narcissistic, sexist and chauvinistic mumbling and repetitive one line catch phrases, and I'm a straight white man who grew up in the 80s talking.

I just think our society should have developed further by now than having homophobia, racism and the like dominate any form of medium.The last time I was involve in such behaviour would probably be back 25 years ago when I was at school, and I still feel bad about the people who had to cop it.
                            Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Ohh well the next time he'll have to think twice before making fun of a bloke who's 6 foot 4 , 240 pounds & hits like a runaway truck. I was wondering what happened to beau knows in the 2nd half.

Comment

Working...
                              X