Roosters Penalty Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Absolutely .. been saying that for ages.
    The moment he starts to wriggle around in a tackle, he draws a penalty. If he's in the tackle it wont be a strip but a lost ball.
    It's like the ref's think, wow he's GI there's no way he can do anything wrong, it must be the other guys fault !
    And the reverse is true with us as I've tried to get out there for a while now mate.

This article also highlights it further.

It's a perception thingy. We are perceived as ill disciplined as a club. It's been going on for years, different coaches and players.

Until we change that and learn to work with the officials not against them we will continue to suffer.

Get DA to training. Shout the carnt a 6A Grey special I don't care. I just know I've NEVER seen anyone change the Reffs perception EVER by blowing up at officials or whinging about these things.

IMO we sound like Souffs dickheads when we constantly bleet about the obvious elephant in the room.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
      And the reverse is true with us as I've tried to get out there for a while now mate.

This article also highlights it further.

It's a perception thingy. We are perceived as ill disciplined as a club. It's been going on for years, different coaches and players.

Until we change that and learn to work with the officials not against them we will continue to suffer.

Get DA to training. Shout the carnt a 6A Grey special I don't care. I just know I've NEVER seen anyone change the Reffs perception EVER by blowing up at officials or whinging about these things.

IMO we sound like Souffs dickheads when we constantly bleet about the obvious elephant in the room.

But dude, Robinson could not have been more graceful about taking up the clanger from these clowns - he has by no means blown up.

Do you really think getting DA to training will help?

I agree, there is NOTHING we can do to change it. We are doing NOTHING different from other sides.

The only thing which MIGHT change it is for our players to roll off the tackled players IMMEDIATELY and run back 5 metres further than the refs - but we'd just get beaten 80-nil.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
        But dude, Robinson could not have been more graceful about taking up the clanger from these clowns - he has by no means blown up.

Do you really think getting DA to training will help?

I agree, there is NOTHING we can do to change it. We are doing NOTHING different from other sides.

The only thing which MIGHT change it is for our players to roll off the tackled players IMMEDIATELY and run back 5 metres further than the refs - but we'd just get beaten 80-nil.
        I am a believer in being pro active in these things mate.

We conceded there's a problem. Communicate with the problem. Ask their advice and attempt to act on it. Make all the right noises.

We don't have to send them chrissy cards just treat them like they are part of the solution not the problem.

IMO it's the rules that are grey and the problem. So I advocate going to the source and working with them on a solution.

It sure as bloody hell can't hurt can it???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
          Maybe even you could admit the nine team are just a tad biased when it comes to all things Burgess and Souths? Yes they went off a treat about the binning, but tigs were on the attack, Burgess stripped a tackled player, he is a known cheat and indecent assaulter and it was a no brainer for him to go. Thoroughly deserved it. The tigs try was also a no brainer for the vidiot - no option but to award it. There was another tigs try where Inglis knocked the bomb on into the tigs player's shoulder (wasn't playing at this contact) - subsequent try disallowed. Should have been a try.

Even you admit Inglis is a cheat who gets away with crap consistently. You and kegs1 crack me up with your mixed messages.
          If you honestly think that is correct you have NFI.

Below is a mixed message for you.

Quote Originally Posted by adzta View Post
          while we are on it, what a pathetic place this has become. The first few threads all dedicated to stitch ups, referees and the refs hate us. we sit second on the ladder. We are having a great year, yet the poor whinging farks cant sit back and enjoy the ride. Quite pathetic really.

Player 1
          Yes, and Coach Robinson is one of those pathetic whinging farks too. Quite pathetic really.

Then you go on to tell stsae that Robinson by no means has blown up. You talk so much shit you dont know what direction it is travelling, as long as it suits your drivel ridden agenda.

Start another thread dude. That way all the sheep around here can follow. BAAA

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post
            Yeah like the try that was ruled no try to the tigs yet was over ruled by the vidiot? Or was it the ridiculous 10 in the bin for Burgess that is the only thing that put the tigs in the game? Gee those rabbits got a helping hand.
            As usual.
            That's how they won the game.

Watch Inglis and the rest of them...they lunge forward when they start to play the ball and fall over, and the refs give them a penalty for it and against the defending team...all the time.
            I switched the game off after the second one, it was obvious what was going to happen...teacher's pets win again.

We have Buckley's chance of beating them...unless Divine intervention sweeps down from above.

We're only the most penalised team because the refs choose it to be so.
            A person with only very limited sight could see it.

'SuperLeague' hate?

We wouldn't sell/give them our club, so now we pay?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
              As usual.
              That's how they won the game.

Watch Inglis and the rest of them...they lunge forward when they start to play the ball and fall over, and the refs give them a penalty for it and against the defending team...all the time.
              I switched the game off after the second one, it was obvious what was going to happen...teacher's pets win again.

We have Buckley's chance of beating them...unless Divine intervention sweeps down from above.

We're only the most penalised team because the refs choose it to be so.
              A person with only very limited sight could see it.

'SuperLeague' hate?

We wouldn't sell/give them our club, so now we pay?
              Add Turd Greenberg into the mix adds further to us being on the outer.The powers that be don't like Politis as well as they have a socio demo graphic hang up about Eastern Suburbs and all people and things associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
                [/B]

Try reading the article again and just see if you can grasp this comment this time around.

Roosters playmaker James Maloney confirmed coach Trent Robinson had spoken to his side about the worrying trend.

"It's something we're working on," Maloney said.
                I don't need to read the article again friend, I think you have missed my point. There is no conspiracy against us from refs, we are simply a team with at times a complete lack of discipline and it needs to be fixed, permanently, as it has plagued us for a number of seasons.

It's not a coincidence that it's the same few players who keep doing it, hence the bolding of said players. Hope you get it now.

Comment

Originally posted by artie_beats_them View Post
                  I don't need to read the article again friend, I think you have missed my point. There is no conspiracy against us from refs, we are simply a team with at times a complete lack of discipline and it needs to be fixed, permanently, as it has plagued us for a number of seasons.

It's not a coincidence that it's the same few players who keep doing it, hence the bolding of said players. Hope you get it now.
                  You are a troll, an idiot and you need to get back to the Redfern methadone clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by artie_beats_them View Post

You don't think that it can't be self perpetuating when it comes to those players? We know that refs use cheat sheets, King Billy Harrigan told us that. So if I have read for the past 4 weeks that James Maloney, JWH and co give away a heap of penalties, I'm not going to believe the worst when somebody drops the ball in a tackle involving said players?

Granted, the shoulder charge penalties against JWH were deserved, but have a look at the number of times Cronulla dropped the ball only to be rewarded with a penalty and try and tell me refs don't go into games with pre-conceived ideas.

Comment

If we get penalised the most and receive the least can only mean we lose most of the 50/50 calls

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                        If we get penalised the most and receive the least can only mean we lose most of the 50/50 calls
                        Well said Billy.. we have won all season with crap penalty counts..

Comment

Working...
                        X