Your top three Roosters in the regular season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your top three Roosters in the regular season

1) Jake Friend. Absolutely brilliant. Gives 100% every week. Always near the top of the tackle count and a handful in attack as well.

2) Mini. A real steadying influence at fullback making very few mistakes. All those saying he was finished couldn't be more wrong.

3) JWH. Great every time he runs out. His enthusiasm is infectious.

It shows why we won the Minor Premiership when star buys like SBW, Maloney and Jennings can't make someone's Top 3. It's great to have a good all round footy team again.

Sbw, sbw, sbw
    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

S, B and W

Comment

1. Friend

2. SBW

3. JWH

Comment

Friend
          Boyd
          Sonny

Massive wrap to the coaching staff. Hands down the best thing uncle nick has done for the club since Signing Freddy imo

Comment

I hate it when the doubters, like the entire channel nine commentary team are basking in SBW's glory, when less than 12 months ago, the very same people were questioning/criticizing us bringing him to bondi.
            Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

1: Our Backs
              2: Our Forwards
              3: Our Bench

Minor Premiers baby!
              My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
              My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

sbw
                friend
                boyd-jwh, i cant split them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  1. Friend

2. SBW

3. JWH
                  Yes, except I'd swap SBW and JWH. Cordner a close 4th.

Comment

Can't narrow it down to 3.

Comment

1/ JWH
                      2/ Jake Friend
                      3/ Boyd Cordner

Comment

I'm doing 5

Friend
                        JWH
                        SBW
                        Cords
                        Moa/mini

Comment

I love Sonny Bill, but I don't think he's in our top 3 for the season. Sure he's brilliant, but not as consistent as my top 3 of Friend, JWH and Cordner.

Comment

SBW
                            Friend
                            JWH

Tough to leave out Maloney, Moa and Cordner.

Comment

My shortlist (harder than choosing election candidates in order below the line!!) includes:
                              SBW, Maloney, Moa, JWH, Cordner, Friend, Mortimer...

1) SBW... he's come with a humble team-focused attitude and has not created any media BS. Many expected him to be an arrogant, self absorbed wanka who offered a little bit of individual brilliance but nothing else. Others said he'd get injured (when in fact he's looked after his body and worked through pain/injuries all seadon.) If he leaves at the end of the season then regardless of the result I feel he's done his job. He's inspired the boys and promoted teamwork (said it in another thread that those who think he only plays for himself are wankaz who know s*it all.)

Top quality player... wish we could sign him for life but end of the day I like his model. There's a lack of high quality players on the market... most are owned by clubs and will lock themselves in with a club forever/hold clubs for ransom. SBW makes his intentions clear and gives every club he plays for his best. Only a select few can do that...

2) Friend and Mortimer (I combine them because they both contribute to the same job.) Mortimer stayed to play on our bench instead of taking $$$ in England. Not a flashy hero but during Origin he gives us a top quality half (while other top 8 teams struggled without depth.) He doesn't listen to people who put him down and shows grit every week agreeing to sit on the bench and be "that guy" who is happy to help out when the stars are down/exhausted.

Friend is the same... little man with a massive heart. Hard working and has developed a lot this season! Not "just" a 60+ tackle a game player now, Friend plays an active role in attack as well. His kicks last night were spot on and caught GI off-guard, which isn't easy!

3) Moa came from England (where I'm guessing he was on good coin) seeking to prove himself in the NRL. Nobody had heard of him before the season and he's now known as that big guy who runs 30+ metres straight and hard through all obstacles every time he touches the ball. Including him as my last man was difficult but based on how far he's come this season I think he deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                              X