X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs, commentators, and tactics

Last night 3 things were obvious to me.

1) The refs were sh*t!!!
    - SBW passing after a tackle... oh I know, free kick + 6 to go for Souffs!!! Why not just say "mate sorry I reckon you were tackled... take it back here to play the ball." Bloody joke!!
    - Burgess kicks JWH and pushes his head/neck down dangerously for no reason. "Mate don't do that again... JARED!!!! On report!!!!"
    - Clarke shoulder charged Maloney in the chin "oh knock-on mate... Maloney dropped the ball!"
    - Numeous other BS, biased calls that threatened to lock us out of the game. Fortunately the penalty count (11-5?) while slightly worse than 24-12, wasn't the score that counted. Mini and Napa deserve special mentions for keeping the refs honest! If the refs are going to make BS calls, all you can do is run your guts out and put them in positions where they can't award BS tries because the man never reached the line and everybody watched him get bundled into touch!

2) Sure, Gus is more a Roosters fan than a Souffs fan, but the focus on GI and Souths was amazing!!!!

1/2 Time... AND THAT'S AMAZING!!!! GI IS THE ONLY MAN IN THE COMP WHO CAN SCORE A TRY LIKE THAT!!!! *followed by multiple replays of GI*

... oh yeah and the Roosters got lucky... Vermin just had a lapse in concentration... *while we watch Friend trick GI into thinking he's passing one way, then Guerra barging over GI to score an awesome try like a boss!*

3) Our tactics were really different tonight and worked...
    - Surprise inclusion of Kennedy on the bench was my first bit of excitement.
    - The commentators talked about GI a lot but I thought Maloney, Pearce, Friend and Mortimer booted him out of the game. He's used to catching kicks on the full and running the team out of trouble. VERY RARE FORM last night... I saw us use a combination of kickers so that we could punt the ball into space on the 3rd/4th when GI was tied up elsewhere. He'd then run 30+ metres toward the ball and get bundled up inside his 20. Friend did a couple of awesome kicks on the 3rd (one in particular)... really impressed.
    - SBW Took a lot of ball from in-goal and saved our skins multiple times. Not quite sure which position he played but he was everywhere!!! Also gifted Pearce a try rather than trying to take it himself... whoever said SBW only plays for himself is a wanka!!! One of the most humble, committed team players out there IMO...
    - Our defence was there... penalties were absolute BULLS*IT the whole game and we still managed to keep Souffs scoreless in the second half.
    - SKD wasn't all that cr@p!!!! Besides his stoopid knock-on, I was happy with Skidz...

---

Yep impressed... I wrote this game off and gladly ate my humble (lemon) pie supplied by the local U12 girls soccer team this morning before voting (below the line of course... fun fun, the last few were the hardest.)

Robbo for PM!!! Seriously, why do we have to pick between a Manly fan, a Brisbane fan? Pretty boring GF...

ism, on what planet would Sonny have scored that try by taking on the best fullback in the game. He had no choice but to pass that ball, he didn't panic or second guess, it was the only option and the pass was timed to perfection

Comment

My favourite part of the commentary was Ray Warren subtly belittling a Rooster try by saying it "came off the back of a penalty". If it weren't for the field position and tries that Souths have been getting out of welfare payment penalties this year, they'd be fighting for another spoon.

Comment

What about Warren on Mini's tackle "outstanding rugby league tackle, who was it....was it Minichiello???" Who else would it be, he's an embarrassment to broadcasting.

Comment

The Sonny Bill Williams penalty for passing off the ground was correct as his arm carrying the ball had been grounded while he was tackled. The reason that so many times the play gets called back and ordered to play the ball is because they have passed simultaneously as the referee has called held.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
            The Sonny Bill Williams penalty for passing off the ground was correct as his arm carrying the ball had been grounded while he was tackled. The reason that so many times the play gets called back and ordered to play the ball is because they have passed simultaneously as the referee has called held.
            Correct. I was angry at this ... But it was a correct call that I've seen against other team this year.

But we were rorted in the first half.
            Just released Mayday for iOS and Android! Download it for your iPhone / iPad OR for your Android Phone / Tablet

Comment

welfare penalties ha ha ha i love it, can i use that one please! handing out how to votes today i wore my roosters cap, surprising how many roosters fans are in the shire! of course i upset a couple of welfare cheats but who cares!

Comment

every week.
                results change, but the refereeing bias never does, aye?
                I was at the game, and I found some of the calls a bit frustrating.
                I watched the replay as soon as I got home, Cechin was good, Klein was a bit so-so.
                Overall I thought they were good on the night.

Comment

The penalty against SBW was 100% correct, have no dramas at all

What did concern me was 3 times Cechin (who I thought had a really good game), blew a penalty against the rooster to which Klein could be heard to say "we'll done Cech"

Comment

Ironic.
                    Back to convincingly losing the penalty count........but also back to playing our best.
                    Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                      Ironic.
                      Back to convincingly losing the penalty count........but also back to playing our best.
                      Coincidence?
                      Lol, that depends on how many repeat sets we didn't get maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

i love how rabbs warren was nearly speechless in the last 5- 10 minutes as the punt rat was trying to ride the vermin and the burgess mother home. what a pathetic has been so too the bitter gus gould.

Comment

Sterlo was very pro-Souths in his call, I thought.

I should add that I don't mind Sterling, but gee he was biased last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                            Sterlo was very pro-Souths in his call, I thought.

I should add that I don't mind Sterling, but gee he was biased last night.
                            I better go and watch the reply of the game
                            I thought Sterlo was far more balanced than those other crooks
                            Warren and Gould getting worse -they need to go NOW !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                              every week.
                              results change, but the refereeing bias never does, aye?
                              I was at the game, and I found some of the calls a bit frustrating.
                              I watched the replay as soon as I got home, Cechin was good, Klein was a bit so-so.
                              Overall I thought they were good on the night.
                              Do you think we deserved an 11 -5 penalty count against us? Do you really think we were more than twice as ill disciplined as lol@souffs.??
                              Originally posted by turk-283
                              Kurt 79 - Kags 0..

Comment

Working...
                              X