Hypothetical.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
    I don't why you are addressing this to me mate I didn't mention any followup article or anybody being arrested. I think you have the wrong man.

It was Tom Ace in this thread: http://www.thechookpen.com.au/forum/...rested&page=12

Comment

I'm not sure the Club can now sack Waqa after allowing Cherrington, Sa and Friend at least one chance. Reeks of hypocracy.

Cherrington should have been sacked for his assault on his girlfriend. Instead he was re-signed. What message does that send out, other than the wrong one?

Ditto Friend, although at least he hasn't been getting out the knives.

And after threatening that the next one who played up after Myles would have no future with the Club, Management appear to be hanging onto Sa.

The Club has stuffed up discipline big time and I blame them just as much as the players, Polites especially. He has the power but not the balls.

Personally, I'd love to see both Mason and Myles disappear, as I believe their influence on certain younger members of the squad is destructive to them, and they have the ability to divde the playing squad, but I doubt it will happen.

NC
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Mason
        Sa
        SKD

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
          I'm not sure the Club can now sack Waqa after allowing Cherrington, Sa and Friend at least one chance. Reeks of hypocracy.

NC
          Could it be a case that they cannot sack Sa and Waqa yet untill they are found guilty by the courts NC?

Regardless of what was reported that they have done, there are still unfair dismissal laws that the club as an employer still needs to adher to.

Cherro was lucky he got charged when he did, he got off lightly (i.e. keeping his contract).

When and if Sa and Waqa are charged, then the club has every right to cut their contracts.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
          To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
          At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
          Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
          The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
            Could it be a case that they cannot sack Sa and Waqa yet untill they are found guilty by the courts NC?

Regardless of what was reported that they have done, there are still unfair dismissal laws that the club as an employer still needs to adher to.

Cherro was lucky he got charged when he did, he got off lightly (i.e. keeping his contract).

When and if Sa and Waqa are charged, then the club has every right to cut their contracts.
            A good legal service would see adjournments till 2011.

Comment

What about reality over newspaper crap.
              What about reality over people's feelings.

Odds are yes these players should be punted, but look at Sa, most of the charges have been dropped. The incident over the ice throwing, they aren't what they all seemed.

There are problems, they stem from the young players. This I know is fact. Which young players I do not know, but some do. Is Mason the evil ape leading them astray ? This has never been mentioned directly and most of the time its opinion of people that just don't like him. Just as easy he could very well be the root of all evil, but it has not been pointed out to me (that I remember)

What happened here is that several senior players were very despondant at the attitude of the young players. Those players should have been taken aside one at a time and had the shit beaten out of them by a couple of senior players. I am serious, if this had happened the Roosters would not have come last.
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
                I don't why you are addressing this to me mate I didn't mention any followup article or anybody being arrested. I think you have the wrong man.
                I am not addressing you about the police matter but about the rumor in general.. There is not one shred of hard evidence this ever took place.. rumors and innuendo yes but the Magnay article had more holes than the Titanic and the crap about the 6 players being arrested from the Dragons club (not your story I know) was as stupid as it gets..

Comment

Mason but we need him as a player but not as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Junee View Post
                    Mason but we need him as a player but not as a person.
                    Mason's internal-club-player-destruction far outweighs his on field contribution. I hope he's kicked out of the club ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

What I was saying SM is that because Cherrington was found guilty and was not sacked, it would be difficult to sack Waqa and Sa for the same offence without looking like bloody hyprocrites. Even if they eventually are found guilty.

The Club had more than enough ammo to sack Cherrington but didn't because he is supposedly a talented footballer. Big mistake on their part.

I'm not sure how the Club could now explain sacking Waqa or Sa whilst Cherrington not only kept his contract but had it re-newed.

And it's not as if he's any younger than the other blokes. They're all about the same age.

Yes Cherrington did get off lightly, too lightly - and because of that the Club now has the problem of whether to give others the same benefit.

NC
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                      X