11 years to the day next Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 years to the day next Saturday...

We beat the Wayne Bennett-coached Brisbane Broncos to advance to the Grand Final and to the premiership.

(We also won the penalties 8-2, but I can't see history repeating to that extent.)

lol...Harrigan hammered the Broncs in the penalties...pretty sure the 2 the broncs received were very late in that game..

Comment

Did we lose both Bonetti and Ricko in that game due to concussion and injury?
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        Did we lose both Bonetti and Ricko in that game due to concussion and injury?
        I seem to recall Bonetti getting a knee in the head early in the game and being taken off. Can't remember Ricko being hurt, but you might be right.

My clearest memory was Luke Philips courageously saving a grubber that could have resulted in a Broncos try and the match.

Comment

12-8. I remember it for Mullins' intercept I think. Great game to be at.

Comment

I think Ricko did his hammy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Finch View Post
              Yeah swooped on a loose pass by Langer.

Comment

It was 16-12. Mini and Mullins scored the tries and Fitzy with the penalty goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollus View Post
                  It was 16-12. Mini and Mullins scored the tries and Fitzy with the penalty goals.
                  Yep, then Lockyer had a chance to do something but the ball was stripped by Fletch I think, who was run down by Lote.

Comment

I think it was off an Alfie Langer clanger passing to one of the outside backs. I'm not making light of this situation but I think Langer's father was in hospital or critically ill at the time and I don't think his mind was on the job (understandable).

Also, I'm sure Bonetti was knocked out in the first or second minute and was gone for the game. A positive way to look at that was we had a fresh player the next week.
                    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by rooster69 View Post
                      lol...Harrigan hammered the Broncs in the penalties...pretty sure the 2 the broncs received were very late in that game..
                      That would probably be the one and only time Harrigan did not favour the Broncos ever.
                      Nearly every problem in rugby league refereeing can be traced back to Harrigan.
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                        That would probably be the one and only time Harrigan did not favour the Broncos ever.
                        Ask a Rooster supporter what they thought of Archer's performance in 2010. A straight beats three of a kind and so on.
                        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

I recall Bonetti being knocked out in the first tackle of the game, against a ra paging Petro Ceivonociva. But he came back on in the second half and played well. Champion player.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            Yes I remember Tallis complaining to the ref during the game that "they have been offside for 8 weeks"
                            ...kinda funny in the light of his critical comments last week about the Cowboys whinging of a conspiracy !

Comment

I remember those final, frantic last seconds when Brisbane put a kick through and someone unlikely was there to save the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X