11 years to the day next Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rooster69 View Post
    lol...Harrigan hammered the Broncs in the penalties...pretty sure the 2 the broncs received were very late in that game..
    I recall after the game Harrigan pointing out that Easts constantly had Brisbane backpedalling and when that happens, you tend to get lopsided penalty counts.

Doesn't seem to apply any more, though -- against St George this year we won 36-nil and lost the penalties 10-4, and against Cronulla we won 40-nil and lost the penalties by a similar margin.

Comment

I remember also, Ricky on the sideline holding up 1 finger, telling them "One more set! One more set!"

What a loooong minute it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
        I remember those final, frantic last seconds when Brisbane put a kick through and someone unlikely was there to save the day.
        Shannon Hegarty !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
          Shannon Hegarty !
          Ah well, not so unlikely. I had it in my head that it was someone like Lomu or Cusack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
            Ah well, not so unlikely. I had it in my head that it was someone like Lomu or Cusack.
            Was a cross field kick from Lote after he made a run down the left touchline, and Hegarty fielded the ball 1mtre out from the try line with Broncos players bearing down.....very nerve wracking (but highly satisfying) evening !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
              Shannon Hegarty !
              LOL

I still can't believe he caught that ball.

The Broncos were queuing up behind him.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I was in Mozambique through the whole finals series in 2002. I had won tix to the GF but didn't know who was in it until I got to Jo'Berg airport on the Friday before the GF and called my brother. I still havent seen any of those semi finals games.
                I was working for QF at the time and on staff standby travel. The guy at Jo'Berg told me all flights to SYD were full and we would have to come back the next week. My wife and I ended up changing our QF tix for Sth African airways to Bangkok and then had to buy two full fare tix on Cathay ($800 USD each) to fly via Hong Kong to get home in time to watch the game. Remember our dollar was around the $0.50c mark at the time. It was well worth it when we won though....This time if we get there, I'll only have to travel from Petersham....Funny though, both places, Mozambique and Petersham are predominantly Portugese. A good omen?
                Member 2008 - forever

Comment

Originally posted by Muffdaddy View Post
                  I was in Mozambique through the whole finals series in 2002. I had won tix to the GF but didn't know who was in it until I got to Jo'Berg airport on the Friday before the GF and called my brother. I still havent seen any of those semi finals games.
                  I was working for QF at the time and on staff standby travel. The guy at Jo'Berg told me all flights to SYD were full and we would have to come back the next week. My wife and I ended up changing our QF tix for Sth African airways to Bangkok and then had to buy two full fare tix on Cathay ($800 USD each) to fly via Hong Kong to get home in time to watch the game. Remember our dollar was around the $0.50c mark at the time. It was well worth it when we won though....This time if we get there, I'll only have to travel from Petersham....Funny though, both places, Mozambique and Petersham are predominantly Portugese. A good omen?
                  Very interesting.

Frangos Chicken = The grouse
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

First game I ever went to as a 13 year old

Comment

Can't remember Bonetti getting injured....I always thought this was the game where he'd racked up 50 tackles by HT and had to go off for a spew......unless he had the spew due to being concussed?

Comment

Working...
                      X