Roosters will annihilate the Newcastle Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja:338321
    Chooks haven't lost a pre-lim this century, now we just gotta improve the GF record.
    I knew there was a reason it was my favorite game

Comment

If our players show up with the right attitude for the match we win well.

Comment

Lets be honest, we should smash them, however i would take a 1 point win in golden point if it meant we won

Comment

Think back to 2002 , everybody though that was going to be a walk in the park, and that was before Andrew Johns pulled out. We were very lucky to get away with that one.
          Proud member of the Ricky Stuart Appreciation club - Laurie Frier walks on water tra lal lala lar la la lar.

A Rooster is a cocky strutting bird that will not take a backward step!

Comment

If both teams play to their potential we will win.

What worries me is us playing one of those games that we saw the game plan go out the window & then it was catch up.
            Need to stick to TRobbo's instructions from the start & not panic.
            If we do that we will roll them in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG O View Post
              The last time a roosters team lost a prelim final, after being short priced favourites was in 1981. Newtown caused the boilover.
              Won't be happening again. The knights forwards lack any penetration, whilst the halves won't threaten.

The centres are dangerous. The only way we can lose is......the roosters get pumped 12-3 in the penalties, and Newcastle have the perfect kicking game.
              Roosters by 16 plus
              We were short when we lost to Canberra in '87.
              Proud member of the Ricky Stuart Appreciation club - Laurie Frier walks on water tra lal lala lar la la lar.

A Rooster is a cocky strutting bird that will not take a backward step!

Comment

#####

Roosters won't even win if they don't play better in attack than they did against Manly.

Uate, McManus, Knights centres will simply run over the top of our backs like a steam train, as they did against Melbourne, if they're not in position and prepared to tackle effectively....wingers staying on their wings, especially.
                Jennings staying in position as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post

#####

Roosters won't even win if they don't play better in attack than they did against Manly.

Uate, McManus, Knights centres will simply run over the top of our backs like a steam train, as they did against Melbourne, if they're not in position and prepared to tackle effectively....wingers staying on their wings, especially.
                  Jennings staying in position as well.
                  Our attack was depleted last week by the defence we had to do, we wont get into that position because the knights don't grind teams like Manly do.

Comment

The last time a roosters team lost a prelim final, after being short priced favourites was in 1981. Newtown caused the boilover.
                    Won't be happening again. The knights forwards lack any penetration, whilst the halves won't threaten.

The centres are dangerous. The only way we can lose is......the roosters get pumped 12-3 in the penalties, and Newcastle have the perfect kicking game.
                    Roosters by 16 plus
                    I suppose a 40-14 thrashing is an annihilation.

I was extremely confident of easily accounting for Newcastle, unfortunately Manly will be a different kettle of fish.

I have no doubt, that if Brett Stewart played in the 4-0 win, in week one of the finals, Manly win. He is such an important player to them, which was evident against Souths.

I really wanted Souths to beat Manly, because I don't fear them. Whilst I think we can beat Manly, they are the only team that I did not want to play in a grand final. They are a champion team, who know how to win grand finals.

The Roosters are going to be at their very best to win.

Comment

I suppose a 40-14 thrashing is an annihilation.

I was extremely confident of easily accounting for Newcastle, unfortunately Manly will be a different kettle of fish.

I have no doubt, that if Brett Stewart played in the 4-0 win, in week one of the finals, Manly win. He is such an important player to them, which was evident against Souths.

I really wanted Souths to beat Manly, because I don't fear them. Whilst I think we can beat Manly, they are the only team that I did not want to play in a grand final. They are a champion team, who know how to win grand finals.

The Roosters are going to be at their very best to win.
                      I'm with you big O Manly are a strong club with a great culture but I think with Cordner and Odonnell back we might just have too much fire power up front for them to handle.

Comment

We'll beat Manly, I'm gonna say 26-10.

Comment

I think will be a low scoring match again, not 4-0, but the winning team won't score more than 3 tries.

Comment

Originally posted by tri-hard View Post
                            We were short when we lost to Canberra in '87.
                            We were completely busted, because we lost to Womanly the week before in a brutal game

Comment

Working...
                            X