Match Thread GF: Qualifier Preliminary Final Roosters v Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Thread GF: Qualifier Preliminary Final Roosters v Knights

The stage is set and the time for bullsh*t is over. Our season is down to this….we execute and play as well as we can for 80 minutes then we are into the Grand Final against WoManly. Lose and we are bulldust for the season.

Roosters
    1 Anthony Minichiello
    2 Daniel Tupou
    3 Michael Jennings
    4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
    6 James Maloney
    7 Mitchell Pearce
    8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
    9 Jake Friend
    10 Sam Moa
    11 Aidan Guerra
    12 Sonny Bill Williams
    13Frank-Paul Nuuausala
    Interchange
    14 Daniel Mortimer
    15 Mitchell Aubusson
    16 Isaac Liu
    17 Luke O'Donnell
    18 Dylan Napa
    19 Martin Kennedy

Coach:Trent Robinson

Knights
    1 Darius Boyd
    2 James McManus (replaced by Kevin Naquiama)
    3 Joey Leilua
    4 Dane Gagai
    5 Akuila Uate
    6 Jarrod Mullen
    7 Tyrone Roberts
    8 David Fa'alogo
    9 Danny Buderus
    10 Willie Mason
    11 Robbie Rochow
    12 Beau Scott
    13 Jeremy Smith

Interchange
    14 Matt Hilder
    15 Chris Houston
    16 Neville Costigan
    17 Alex McKinnon

Coach: Wayne Bennett

We finished first, in spite of all the bullsh*t, agendas, conspiracies, injustices, referees, movie stars, dodgy commentators, cheats, etc who have tried to derail us. After all the drama of the past 3 or 4 days there are just 17 individuals who stand in our way of having a crack at Premiership Glory next weekend. Some of which are really too old to cut it anymore, some are way too inexperienced and some who are stupid and error prone, some of who I have plainly never heard of and some who have pretty stupid names who play pretty well.

Boyd…even though he is out of our team this weekend I rather have our Boyd
    Uate…cannot catch or make the right defensive decisions in big games
    Gagai………Unfortunate name…goes alright but inexperienced
    Leilua…….Same as Uate a lot slower
    Naquima….Inexperienced, untried and untested
    Mullen…..Goes alright but played well last week so due for a quiet game
    Roberts…..Injury cloud, can he cope with the expectation
    Mason…..Too old will be willing but is that enough
    Buderus…..Will be teary eyed knowing tonight is his last game, wont be able to see the ball….too old
    Faalongo….An idiot,a weak link…not exactly young
    Rochow….Who???
    Scott……tough and seasoned campaigner….name sounds like a toilet tissue, getting long in the tooth
    Smith….Tough and seasoned campaigner……goes alright but getting a bit old

Bench
    Hilder….never was
    Costigan…too
    Houston….too old
    McKinnon………..I have never heard of him

Even allowing for the fact that LOD is probably out and Kennedy or Napa is on the bench we still have a pretty strong bench. At this stage I still expect SBW to play. If that motley lot from Oldcastle stops the Minor Premiers marching on to the GF next week…then we must have put in an absolute howler of $ouff$ proportions.

Fark em!! Fark em all!! GO EASTS!!!……. This is a call out to everyone, get to the game if you can, show your support and represent on this to be hopefully historic night.

GO EASTS!!!!!
    P_D
    Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 09-28-2013, 12:57 AM.
    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Reading that gave me cancer.

Comment

Come On Roostes

Comment

They beat the Storm at the Storm's home ground last week.

Their backs cut the Storm to ribbons...as did their forwards.

Take the Bennett coached Knights lightly at your own peril.

Comment

We need to wind big forwards up and run them thru the Knights centres close to the line...like they did to the Storm.

Comment

I think the Knights "form" is not as good as it seems. reasons:
            - The dogs season was over before the finals match and were always going to be beaten
            - The storm have been out of sorts for weeks and even then should have got a penalty late in the game that was have evened the game up

Yes, the Knights will be fired up but I think our forwards will more than match them.

I am expecting Jimmy to have a very big game tonight.

Roosters 13+

Comment

I reckon the big man Martin Kennedy is set to have a blinder tonight all of this crap written about will fire him up imo.Especially if the boys think this media beat up was initiated by the Johns bros and Bennett.And i reckon that they do so look out the Knights tonight.As another poster said somewhere hes worried Sam Moa might kill somebody tonight i am too.Go Easts.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1967 View Post
                I think the Knights "form" is not as good as it seems. reasons:
                - The dogs season was over before the finals match and were always going to be beaten
                - The storm have been out of sorts for weeks and even then should have got a penalty late in the game that was have evened the game up

Yes, the Knights will be fired up but I think our forwards will more than match them.

I am expecting Jimmy to have a very big game tonight.

Roosters 13+
                Knights missed like 30 tackles last week it was case of how really bad Melbourne were..we will punish them if they do that against us ..even SKD will score a try
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                  Knights missed like 30 tackles last week it was case of how really bad Melbourne were..we will punish them if they do that against us ..even SKD will score a try
                  Could not agree more with your comment. I think Bennett and the Knights supporters in the media know this and have been talking the Knights up as well as trying to put some doubt in our players minds.

IMO if we play any where near our best we will win easily

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
                    They beat the Storm at the Storm's home ground last week.

Their backs cut the Storm to ribbons...as did their forwards.

Take the Bennett coached Knights lightly at your own peril.
                    How many errors did the Storm make at critical stages? A LOT! I was watching the game on match tracker and they basically errored themselves out of the game! If the Roosters can avoid all the errors they should win.

Plus the form and willingness of the Storm team was very questionable. I am hoping the Roosters team will be a lot different tonight compared to the Storm and if so they should win by a good couple of tries.

Souths beat Storm by 10, Roosters beat Manly by 4, Manly beat Souths by 10 therefore why are you guys so worried about the Knights after they only beat a "tired" Storm by 2??? My only concern is the penalty and error factor now that O'Donnell is out - but do you think the boys are going to be error prone on the big stage?? Even if they are at the start you just have to see how Manly handled the game in the 2nd half for more faith.

Comment

How's the weather looking for tonight?...

Comment

Originally posted by cookies:340302
                        How's the weather looking for tonight?...
                        Windy.

Pearce and Jimmy better make it rain bombs at the wingers tonight.

Comment

Windy but dry i hope...
                          Any chance of rain?...

Comment

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Summary
                            Max 30
                            Windy. Sunny.
                            Chance of any rain: 0%

Sydney area

Sunny. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 40 km/h tending west to southwesterly in the afternoon.

Comment

Thanks Greedy666 & Geohood...

Comment

Working...
                              X