Aftermath of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath of the game

Unbelievable night to be a Roosters fan, not only the result, but the passion and heart we played tonight. It was fantastic to see, great to see the fans be excited about what our team can produce and the buzz around the ground tonight. Absolutely loved it

But, I just wanted to mention after the game, i was the last to leave the ground as they turned off the stadium lights and i was so happy to meet and take photos with Roger, Frank Paul, Morts and even Gallen (?) but it was more the fact that i waited around so long afterwards the Knights entire team came down passed us, and me, wearing my Roosters gear got the chance to talk to a few of them of course. But Mullen and Gidley were amazing to us as they came up to us and asked us if we wanted to get photos with them, which was great to see after such a heartbreaking loss. I have so much respect for the Knights team after tonight.

Everyone including Bennett new we had the class tonight to carry out the win and i couldn't be more stoked to be in a grand final next weekend. I hope we finish this incredible season the way we want to.

Not since the days of Freddy has our fanbase and club had such a buzz around the joint. 2010 really looks quite dismal compared to what we have now. Now, we have belief.

Easts to win.

Rise Again boys.
    Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Being in bay 31 tonight was mental! Best crowd area I have been for any match.

Comment

Just shows how good they can go when the refs aren't penalising them every five minutes! Great performance!

Comment

what a day. no voice after yelling at the telli from 2.30 for the hawkies and then after nearly a box gooooooo roosters
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
          Bay 35 for me!!!!!
          One of the best games ever... all I drank was watered down VB but I'm still on a high from last night. Walked home from the game and answered thousands of sms' about the game. These are the times mate!!!!

Bring on Manly

Comment

I checked my Easts Leagues membership last night and realised to my horror that it runs out this month.
            SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

what a great feeling. The atmosphere was excellent. cant wait for next sunday

Comment

Agreed, haven't been to a game like that since the Freddy days.

Honestly the best atmosphere at our home games since 04 would be Anzac Day this year or last, Tigers vs Roosters 2010 semi final, Roosters vs Bulldogs in 08' and thats all i can think of right now.. not many others really come to mind
                Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                  Was in bay 31 as well. Really made the stadium buzz. On our feet most of the night. Best atmosphere I have seen in a long time.

What I really wanted to say, was how great it was to see uncle Nick after the game, standing in the stadium forecourt. I walked over and thanked the great man, and he put his hand out and thanked me. This bloke is the a legend. He doesn't need to sit in his box with 2 bit celebs like Crowe. He was out with the supporters celebrating the victory.

Comment

Working...
                  X