not sure we can afford to risk both Cordner and LOD in grand final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure we can afford to risk both Cordner and LOD in grand final

it would be a very brave decision from the coaches/medicos to bring back both Cordner and LOD for the grand final, hamstring injuries are very hard to judge and impossible to truly predict how they will react to match fatigue.

judging by the talk it seems that Cordner will play so unfortunately that will likely see LOD miss out on the chance to play in another grand final.

assuming that Cordner is coming back in it will be interesting to see who out of Maubs/Liu/Napa misses out, Liu is carrying a shoulder injury which might be the determining factor when the decision is made.

I believe Robinson indicated that LOD was a bit of an outside chance to play

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
      I believe Robinson indicated that LOD was a bit of an outside chance to play
      LOD would be a big loss against the experienced Manly pack, he got players player against the eagles in the first week of the finals, and much like Brian Lake for the Hawks yesterday, LOD was brought to the Roosters for games like Sunday's grand final, would be devastating for him if he misses out.

Comment

If LOD is ruled out, I would play MK ahead of Liu. Liu struggled to make any impact at all last night.

I agree that I wouldn't play LOD if not 100%. Hammies are a tricky injury

Comment

I'm not sure why the skirt was out, I thought robbo would go with him for sure.I'd go with LOD if 85-90% fit. It might be his last game for all we know and he has the experience we need in big games to hold his own. He would only play for 25-30 minutes anyway.

8.JWH
          9.Friend
          10.Moa
          11.Guerra
          12.SBW
          13.FPN

14.Morts
          15.LOD
          16.Aubs
          17.Napa
          Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Against Manly I would play LOD but only if 100%. He would come in for Liu. Then Napa or Boyd for the final spot

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
              I'm not sure why the skirt was out, I thought robbo would go with him for sure.I'd go with LOD if 85-90% fit. It might be his last game for all we know and he has the experience we need in big games to hold his own. He would only play for 25-30 minutes anyway.

8.JWH
              9.Friend
              10.Moa
              11.Guerra
              12.SBW
              13.FPN

14.Morts
              15.LOD
              16.Aubs
              17.Napa

can't play at 85-90% with a hamstring injury, its not like a shoulder/ankle where you can use painkillers, given that he only did it lunchtime on Friday it would be a miracle if it was close to 100% by sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabag Fletch View Post
                If LOD is ruled out, I would play MK ahead of Liu. Liu struggled to make any impact at all last night.

I agree that I wouldn't play LOD if not 100%. Hammies are a tricky injury
                So Napa's definitely playing then? Looooove his raw strength!!

Manly have a decent combo of big men and mobile halves/backs. We're more mobile and talented but maybe not quite as big. A couple of big hits from Napa, JWH and Moa right down the centre will show them who's boss.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  So Napa's definitely playing then? Looooove his raw strength!!

Manly have a decent combo of big men and mobile halves/backs. We're more mobile and talented but maybe not quite as big. A couple of big hits from Napa, JWH and Moa right down the centre will show them who's boss.
                  Yes, love Napa. There was a lot of chat pre-season about Evans, but to be quite honest, I'd much prefer Napa and wouldn't be too fussed if Evans was squeezed out.

Comment

was there something wrong with MK last night, or was he just not picked?

Comment

Boyd and LOD are likely to play this Sunday.

Comment

I hope they do both play. LOD has been pivotal in more than a few games this year. I'm a bit one-eyed when it comes to LOD though, because I've been a fan of his for years.

Comment

Working...
                        X