Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Easts, thank you. I shed a tear tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
    Best wishes and good positive thoughts for you. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and also your divorce. You are not alone in your pain. I've had a family member slipping in and out of a coma over the past month so that's why I haven't been posting on here much anymore. There seems a few of our fans who've mentioned they've been going through divorces this year as well and I can't even begin to imagine how painful this must be for you but I do know what it's like to have your heart smashed. I'm still stunned over yesterday's result and it hasn't sunk in yet, no matter how many newspapers I've bought (yes, even the rubbish one we all love to hate) and how many wellwishers contact me. I spent part of yesterday in the first aid room because of the heat at Homebush as I'm such a delicate flower but it was worth it. A special thank you to Horrie Hastings for being my best friend through what has been a nightmare year for me and my family as well and for meeting up with me at Homebush yesterday. It was a privilege to spend the evening with you and to also turn around and see the likes of Phantom, FC, Shandy Andy and The General in the seats in the adjoining bay. I also had the privilege of going back to Bondi Junction on the club's bus with PKR, who is Pauline Robinson from the old Wall. We met by accident and it was so lovely to travel back with her and I thank her for travelling to Sydney to come and join us. We have a truly special group of people following our club, both here on this forum and also at the regular games, so those who think we are a club of bandwagon and fair weather fans, you are missing out on meeting some truly remarkable human beings.

When I told SKD last year that I was moving back from Melbourne, he promised me the team would get their act together and so you did. You did yourself and your family so proud buddy and I will defend you and your passion for Easts until the day I die. You have more than paid back the Roosters local community for welcoming you and your father with the amount of unpaid and unsung charity work you do with our local children, the times you have played injured, the longstanding records you have equalled, the way you represent your country as a proud Kiwi and the awards you have won. The poster on here who refers to you as average at best obviously doesn't see you as you truly are and that is their loss.
    I never once wavered in my faith last night even when we were behind on the scoreboard simply because I know we have a very special group of good boys who deserved to win, above everyone else. The positivity and goodwill surrounding this team is something magical, judging by the amount of fans from other clubs who have finally taken notice of what some of us knew from the beginning that Trent would do something special with this team this year.
    So I guess this means I now have to walk the entire length of Bronte Road in a Souths jersey as I threatened to do if SBW delivered us a premiership...
    RWB as a trade off why don't you walk the entire length of Bronte Road in just an Easts jumper???

Just.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

My good mate has had a bad yr with losing his Dad & breaking up with his longtime girlfriend. He is a Doggies fan but was here with me tonight watching the roosters win the GF and was screaming just as loud as me when Jennings scored his try.. I looked over at him smiling and thought what a Great mate.. For all he has been through he was happy for me.. That's brotherhood.. And to top it all off even Easts can put a smile on a Doggies fans face..Go the Roosters

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
        RWB as a trade off why don't you walk the entire length of Bronte Road in just an Easts jumper???

Just.

Greeds volunteered to go al fresco..not me...! I'm a lady and stuff you know...
        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Big hugs to all my Rooster supporting brothers and sisters. This thread brought a lump to the throat.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKASTANSKY View Post
            My good mate has had a bad yr with losing his Dad & breaking up with his longtime girlfriend. He is a Doggies fan but was here with me tonight watching the roosters win the GF and was screaming just as loud as me when Jennings scored his try.. I looked over at him smiling and thought what a Great mate.. For all he has been through he was happy for me.. That's brotherhood.. And to top it all off even Easts can put a smile on a Doggies fans face..Go the Roosters
            You are both very lucky to have such a strong friendship. Real mates don't dip out when times get tough, leaving you in the lurch to face difficult times alone. I found out this year who my real friends are now and those who just pretended. I'm happy our team could bring a smile to your friend's face. See, an Easts premiership is the gift that keeps on giving..

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
              Big hugs to all my Rooster supporting brothers and sisters. This thread brought a lump to the throat.
              I cried more with this win than the 2004 loss...

Comment

To all those who have had a rough time of things It makes me happy that something like Sunday night Can wash away a lot of that pain you went through.

I too have a had an up and down time of it over the last 3 years With everything I still have now I had to fight tooth and nail for along with the support of my family Sunday was just an awesomely unbelievable day. I can only hope we get the chance to experience this again

I wish every single Easts fan and their familes on here happy and successful times for the future
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

It's good to see that whilst some of us may bicker, bait and talk utter shite at each other all year round, the fact of the matter is we all support this great club and we all have each other's backs regardless of if or not we agree or disagree on certain topics.

Fuc-k the rest, Easts are the best. this feels so much better than 2002.

Thank you for the kind words too boys. Appreciate it. I got done in here a few years ago and picked my time to come back once emotions settled down. Some of the sh-it I said was quite rough and I do apologise for my actions. I'll always ruffle a few feathers as that's who I am, but there is a time and place for everything.

Comment

Best wishes and good positive thoughts for you. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and also your divorce. You are not alone in your pain. I've had a family member slipping in and out of a coma over the past month so that's why I haven't been posting on here much anymore. There seems a few of our fans who've mentioned they've been going through divorces this year as well and I can't even begin to imagine how painful this must be for you but I do know what it's like to have your heart smashed. I'm still stunned over yesterday's result and it hasn't sunk in yet, no matter how many newspapers I've bought (yes, even the rubbish one we all love to hate) and how many wellwishers contact me. I spent part of yesterday in the first aid room because of the heat at Homebush as I'm such a delicate flower but it was worth it. A special thank you to Horrie Hastings for being my best friend through what has been a nightmare year for me and my family as well and for meeting up with me at Homebush yesterday. It was a privilege to spend the evening with you and to also turn around and see the likes of Phantom, FC, Shandy Andy and The General in the seats in the adjoining bay. I also had the privilege of going back to Bondi Junction on the club's bus with PKR, who is Pauline Robinson from the old Wall. We met by accident and it was so lovely to travel back with her and I thank her for travelling to Sydney to come and join us. We have a truly special group of people following our club, both here on this forum and also at the regular games, so those who think we are a club of bandwagon and fair weather fans, you are missing out on meeting some truly remarkable human beings.

When I told SKD last year that I was moving back from Melbourne, he promised me the team would get their act together and so you did. You did yourself and your family so proud buddy and I will defend you and your passion for Easts until the day I die. You have more than paid back the Roosters local community for welcoming you and your father with the amount of unpaid and unsung charity work you do with our local children, the times you have played injured, the longstanding records you have equalled, the way you represent your country as a proud Kiwi and the awards you have won. The poster on here who refers to you as average at best obviously doesn't see you as you truly are and that is their loss.
                    I never once wavered in my faith last night even when we were behind on the scoreboard simply because I know we have a very special group of good boys who deserved to win, above everyone else. The positivity and goodwill surrounding this team is something magical, judging by the amount of fans from other clubs who have finally taken notice of what some of us knew from the beginning that Trent would do something special with this team this year.
                    So I guess this means I now have to walk the entire length of Bronte Road in a Souths jersey as I threatened to do if SBW delivered us a premiership...
                    And I thought Phar Lap had a big heart. That champion has nothing on you and that's saying something.
                    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

I feel a group hug coming
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                        I feel a group hug coming
                        Yup! I;m feeling it too....

Comment

You are so right RWb

You are both very lucky to have such a strong friendship. Real mates don't dip out when times get tough, leaving you in the lurch to face difficult times alone. I found out this year who my real friends are now and those who just pretended. I'm happy our team could bring a smile to your friend's face. See, an Easts premiership is the gift that keeps on giving..
                          You know your friends when you are at your lowest.. Hope all you Easts fans out there have a great remaining year.. And even better next year.. All the best my fellow Chooky Brothers. Ok ok that's enough.. Go the Roosters

Comment

Working...
                          X