Does Anyone Still Believe ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Still Believe ........

..........That Todd Carney is a better all round footballer than James Maloney???? IMO Maloney is a far better footballer and arguably buy of the year.

A much better defender, a superb goal kicker, a much better talker and organiser, and arguably the best support player in the Comp.

I know there have been some on here still pining away throughout the year about the loss of Carney. Whilst I respect that u r entitled to your opinion, I wonder whether u still prefer Carney to Maloney?

UPDATE... I love everybody today....and probably will for the entire off season. Even my cats, even my wife. Maybe even King Brown snakes. It's amazing what winning a premiership can do.
    Last edited by John Corey; 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

I prefer Anasta tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimorphic:344440
      I prefer Anasta tbh.
      Lol. Ryan. R u home yet in sunny upper coomera? I survived the dingos on Fraser.
      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Not to mention the streets between Maloney and Carney in terms of citizenship.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to continue by say: '... we aren't the real deal?'

To which I would've replied: Kimmorley. But that's another story.

Maloney > Carney simply because he stood up last night whereas Carney wouldn't have been sighted.

Comment

I love maloney. Carney is half the player & person maloney is imo. Maloney has a strong personality on the field and off it. What about the cheeky hairpull on Wolfman hehe jimmy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimorphic View Post
              I prefer Anasta tbh.
              You were too quick for me to comment the same thing

But geeze, i love Carney, he's such a great player and whenever i watch him i see memories of 2010, especially that game against Manly where we came back and won but Maloney has surprised me how well he's played this year and how well he's fitted into our structure. I'm so glad we have an actual 5/8 again. This is what happens when we have a genuine 5/8 in our team.. 2010 was Carney and we shone, 2011 he was injured/suspended then sacked for 2012 which lead us back to Braith and that showed in our results.. but with Maloney we've really showed our attack to be more straight since Carney's attack was more side to side, which has really helped our go-forward and momentum which our big boppas can run off.

Onya BBQ!
              Last edited by Sydney_Roosters_4_Life; 10-07-2013, 04:59 PM.
              Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
                I thought this thread was going to continue by say: '... we aren't the real deal?'

To which I would've replied: Kimmorley. But that's another story.

Maloney > Carney simply because he stood up last night whereas Carney wouldn't have been sighted.
                Can't agree with you on that beer barrel. Carney was the reason we even made it in 2010.

I think Robinson would have definitely brought out the very best in Carney. In saying that, how could one argue with the game Maloney played? One out on the full early but after that he was sensational.
                "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

I'd have Josh Lewis back over Maloney and Carney any day.
                  SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Maloney is Lillie and Carney is Thommo. Carney has more talent, but Maloney works harder and has more intestinal fortitude - and that is why he is a better man for our club.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                      Can't agree with you on that beer barrel. Carney was the reason we even made it in 2010.

I think Robinson would have definitely brought out the very best in Carney. In saying that, how could one argue with the game Maloney played? One out on the full early but after that he was sensational.
                      In a team environment you can't underestimate the type of guy Maloney is off the field. He's the pest, the funny man that makes the hard yards so much easier and brings the boys closer. He makes the hard times bearable. Carney adds to the tension, and is the tension in some corners.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                        Lol. Ryan. R u home yet in sunny upper coomera? I survived the dingos on Fraser.
                        If by Sunny you mean the surface of the goddamn sun! 35 degrees!

Comment

I remember when we first got Carney, man, i was so relieved. We had found someone that could work with others and win us games. You cant deny, we wasa class act for the Chooks and was amazing to watch.

Yeh DM is another of Carney's caliber. He is really growing on me. And man, he can kick! Its use to be (for other kickers) "hope he makes this one" but with DM its a case of "which one will he miss?"

I dont know about anyone else, but it wasnt till 2004 when i actually called Freddy a Rooster. I really want DM to be Rooster.

Comment

Ned catic

Comment

Sean Rudder
                              Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Working...
                              X