Cleanest victory in recent history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanest victory in recent history?

I hate to sound too arrogant but who has won the GF in recent hostory?
    - Bulldogs... after cheating the salary cap and not dumping any players.
    - Storm... after cheating the salary cap multiple times with few losses. Combine that with dangerous tackling techniques that contributed to a bunch of significant injuries and I can't accept them as clean winners.
    - St Merge... with Wayne using dead boring tactics designed to slow the ball down/grind out unconvincing wins. Somehow they also signed Gasnier mid-season on less than $55k a year because it was a half season. (Go figure?) Nightingale was out by 2m when he threw THAT pass and the team post-wayne has suffered severely. They bought that premiership and can stick it up Wayne's @ss...
    - Brisbane... another Wayne Bennett Wonder. Whole QLD Origin team on the field with him.
    - Manly... enough said. Grubs who use dirty tactics and got lucky in their 1-sided non-contest victory where no opposition turned up to play.

The above teams all used grubby accounting/playing techniques to win and mostly enjoyed their 'right to win' thanks to the refs.

---

We played an exciting, free flowing brand of team-centred footy. The only whinge I've heard is that SBW isn't going to stay or be up to the physical nature of rugby league. As Pearce said 'so long as he's winning games, I don't care what people think about him'.

Has this been the most exciting, clean and deserving victory in modern history?

And we use Sards..

Comment

It was Morris who threw 'that' pass.

Comment

Working...
      X