Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Brad Fittler make it again anywhere ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Brad Fittler make it again anywhere ?

An all time Roosters great, and that is what I consider him, as he was.....But can he ever make it back into the NRL, in any form of capicity....or is he lost to the game ?

Freddy can definitely make it in the NRL as a coach. But he needs to start off as an assistant IMO. As an assistant, he will only use his knowledge of the game and will not have to take full control of the team like a head coach would. Guys like former Storm assistant Michael McGuire and current Storm assistant Stephen Kearney have served their time under Bellamy and they are ready for the head coach role. It's all about watching and learning, and then applying your knowledge in a way where the players will understand. It's pretty much player management that's the key role in coaching a side. You need to know how to relay the information and knowledge you have in your brain in a way that the players will understand the concept the way you do.

Comment

His attitude will decide if he can make it anywhere else.

I actually felt sorry for freddy a bit, he was thrown in at the deepend with no help and didn't get any proper assistance.

As you said footy, if freddy wants to make it as a coach, he needs to get in as a lower grade coach/assistant, where the pressure is not as high as it is in first grade.

He needs to learn how to develop people and maintain respect and the attention of the team.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Freddy should have taken the offer to still be involved with the Roosters.

But not on a decision basis. Just to learn how B.Smith does things and he can then apply it in his own methods. I would want Freddy as our coach come 4 years time.

Comment

Freddy will go down in coaching history with the likes of Terry Lamb, Phil Economidis and Paul Langmack. Never to be sited again. Enough said mun...
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

No. Although he would be good at selling muffins outside the stadium.

Comment

Time for Freddy to embrace the "gut."
              barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

He can make it with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren View Post
                  He can make it with me.
                  Would you like to bake some muffins with him? As in put one in your oven?

Comment

I think he will, but he should only do it after learning the craft under someone quality.

Comment

No.

Great player & I'll always love him for delivering that elusive premiership but he's as dumb as dog shit.
                      Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
                        No.

Great player & I'll always love him for delivering that elusive premiership but he's as dumb as dog shit.
                        Spot on.

Fittler was clueless as a coach. He couldn't even see what the problems were with the team let alone fix them. And who can forget the drunken escapade...dog shit dumb!

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by ocey View Post
                          Freddy should have taken the offer to still be involved with the Roosters.
                          But not on a decision basis. Just to learn how B.Smith does things and he can then apply it in his own methods. I would want Freddy as our coach come 4 years time.
                          Disagree.
                          Freddie made the right decision to distance himself. Would have be an uncomfortable feeling for him if he remained.
                          He was too chummy & blokey with certain players who didn't reciprocate on/off the field & which in turn fcuked him.
                          I do hope he serves an apprenticeship elsewhere and returns "home" in some capacity.

Comment

If he gets a job with another club, will his "loyalty" be in question?

Comment

i dont feel freddy has the smarts to learn the coaching trade from anyone?matty johns runs rings around him in the iq stakes and is probably the only fairly recent ex player able to take on a coaches job at this stage, if freddy doesnt make it it because of his pride and pig headed attitude!

Comment

Working...
                              X