Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blake Ferguson WILL be at the Roosters next year.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaggers View Post
    Methylated spirits should only be used for household cleaning......
    ha ha try telling that to $ouff$ supporters!! It's a shame for $ouff$ supporters that metho doesn't clean your teef, then they might actually have some!
    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtsherlock6 View Post
      A few months ago i would of agreed with you about Fergo being a far better player. But over the last couple of months SKD's form has improved immensly & i believe that under Robbo that improvement will continue.

I cant believe that only a few days after literally bleeding for this club to help us win a GF there are some talking of getting rid of him with & replacing him with that pee heart Ferguson for next year. If he had of come off in the GF it would of been disasterous for us. SKD is all heart and bleeds red white & blue. Maybe i am talking with a bit of emotion but I for one hope SKD is here for many years to come.
      I agree with you K6, the past couple of months SKD's form has been far better to what it was. But the thing is though, it still doesn't come anywhere near what Fergo is capable of! Imo SKD has been the main weak link in our team this year.

The main thing for me is that when SBW leaves whether it be now or at the end of next year, he is going to leave a 'massive' hole for us to fill, and for me a player like Fergo with all his talent helps to start filling that hole. SKD these days doesn't look like making line breaks like he was able to back in 2010. We need fire power in attack, that X factor which Fergo can provide! SKD unfortunately is just a spud gun these days, and is made to look much better than what he is in a great side! Fergo is that talented that he is able to stand out in a crap team like the raiders this year, whereas SKD would just melt away into the background in a crap side like he has the past two years with us.

I can see where you are coming from with all the emotion and I won't hold that against you, what SKD was able to do in the GF with staying on the field for that length of time with a broken jaw is hugely heroic!! But for me I can take the emotion out of it, as all I ever want is what is best for the club over any individual.
      The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Comment

No thanks, ill take SBW
        Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney_Roosters_4_Life View Post
          No thanks, ill take SBW

You never know...Maybe SBW will take him under his wing to get his career back on track. That will mean we'll need to offload some juniors to keep him OR like Manly have done to take some pay cuts. Mini should get a job with Nine to supplement his paycheck as well as have another year.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
            You never know...Maybe SBW will take him under his wing to get his career back on track. That will mean we'll need to offload some juniors to keep him OR like Manly have done to take some pay cuts. Mini should get a job with Nine to supplement his paycheck as well as have another year.
            YES PLEASE.
            Sack some of the useless commentary dinosaurs & get some new blood.
            Might be able to turn the sound back up again if we can get some good callers on board.

Comment

Honestly, no.

After Toddy i wouldn't. Besides, if Moga is fully fit i would re-sign him over going out to sign Blake. Oldfield is a suitable replacement but next year as we all can understand our backline is still going to be

1 Mini
              2 Tupou
              3 Jennings
              4 SKD
              5 Roger

Then with Oldfield and hopefully Moga behind them coming through, and throw in Langi, Wells, Meehan and McDonald

Easts to Win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney_Roosters_4_Life View Post
                Honestly, no.

After Toddy i wouldn't. Besides, if Moga is fully fit i would re-sign him over going out to sign Blake. Oldfield is a suitable replacement but next year as we all can understand our backline is still going to be

1 Mini
                2 Tupou
                3 Jennings
                4 SKD
                5 Roger

Then with Oldfield and hopefully Moga behind them coming through, and throw in Langi, Wells, Meehan and McDonald
                Moga is reminding me of Cherrington...Long term injured and nothing else. Also when i saw Moga last year in some games and in particular against manly at the SFS, Lyons was toying with him in every aspect. Our wingers however young they were, stood up alls season. Moga at the moment to me is a myth. We need to get results like we did with SBdouldbyaaaa!

Comment

Moga is reminding me of Cherrington...Long term injured and nothing else. Also when i saw Moga last year in some games and in particular against manly at the SFS, Lyons was toying with him in every aspect. Our wingers however young they were, stood up alls season. Moga at the moment to me is a myth. We need to get results like we did with SBdouldbyaaaa!
                  Yeah but he IS a centre not a winger.. bloody Brian Smith..

Anyway, i'd love to see how he goes this pre-season hopefully injury free and tear up the U20s and NSW Cup before maybe getting a chance at some stage in the Origin period perhaps next year. Ah well, he's young and should hopefully make it sooner or later

Easts to Win.

Comment

No thank you. We have SBW...again. Back2back!!

Comment

With the amazing news of SBW will only help Fergo even more to get back on track and be a huge success with us!! The news of SBW only makes me want to get Fergo even more!! Fergo will take much much more advantage of the opportunities that SBW will create than what SKD ever did!!

Don't worry about the cap with fitting Fergo in, leave that up to the club!

Comment

I'm sure there was a lot more to that meeting between Fergo, SBW, Khoder and Mundine.

Now that SBW is staying the odds of Fergo coming would have firmed. SBW will be his minder IMO.

The two to make way and free up decent cap space are Mini (long service allowance) and SKD ($350K plus he is the obvious positional move). We have Moga, Macdonald, Wells and Reuben to cover that vacant wing spot.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                          I'm sure there was a lot more to that meeting between Fergo, SBW, Khoder and Mundine.

Now that SBW is staying the odds of Fergo coming would have firmed. SBW will be his minder IMO.

The two to make way and free up decent cap space are Mini (long service allowance) and SKD ($350K plus he is the obvious positional move). We have Moga, Macdonald, Wells and Reuben to cover that vacant wing spot.
                          That all makes plenty of sense Buddy! It will be a shame for Mini to retire, but he goes out the way he deserves being a premiership winner!! He does turn 34 in May next year. If Mini is to stay it needs to be at fullback. I personally don't like the idea of Mini on the wing.

Comment

Unbelievable that people are so ready to overlook Skids contribution in the GF.

We have a bloke here who is red, white and blue through and through - who played 60 minutes with a broken jaw so as not to let his mates down.....and you want to replace him with a self centred ego maniac who has actually set a new standard in letting everyone down.

Remind me again how signing him would be a step forward for the club?

Don't go on about how brilliant he is.....he's had one good season out of 5 so far. The other 4 were littered with knock-ons, and terrible defensive reads - not to mention mystery injuries.

Skids might have his faults also, but a lack of courage and character isn't one of them.

And I can't remember the last time he was up in court on an indecent assault charge. That's probably because he wasn't.

This wasn't directed purely at you mate, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                              Unbelievable that people are so ready to overlook Skids contribution in the GF.

We have a bloke here who is red, white and blue through and through - who played 60 minutes with a broken jaw so as not to let his mates down.....and you want to replace him with a self centred ego maniac who has actually set a new standard in letting everyone down.

Remind me again how signing him would be a step forward for the club?

Don't go on about how brilliant he is.....he's had one good season out of 5 so far. The other 4 were littered with knock-ons, and terrible defensive reads - not to mention mystery injuries.

Skids might have his faults also, but a lack of courage and character isn't one of them.

And I can't remember the last time he was up in court on an indecent assault charge. That's probably because he wasn't.

This wasn't directed purely at you mate, by the way.
                              Chill out big fella. I was making a suggestion if the club was thinking about getting Fergo and how they would fit him in.

I doubt Uncle Nick would take anybody in this forum's recommendations on keeping him or letting him go. Although he seems to have taken notice of how some of us wanted to keep SBW.

I also doubt Uncle Nick would sign SKD up for life because he played with a broken jaw. He is obviously not all that keen on re-signing our legendary captain for next year. Yet SBW says he will play and they have a ready drawn contract. Think about it champ.

Comment

Chill out big fella. I was making a suggestion if the club was thinking about getting Fergo and how they would fit him in.

I doubt Uncle Nick would take anybody in this forum's recommendations on keeping him or letting him go. Although he seems to have taken notice of how some of us wanted to keep SBW.

I also doubt Uncle Nick would sign SKD up for life because he played with a broken jaw. He is obviously not all that keen on re-signing our legendary captain for next year. Yet SBW says he will play and they have a ready drawn contract. Think about it champ.
                                Loiner didn't want SBW, reckoned he was a bludger. I am happy which ever way Robbo wants to go on Fergo, Mini and SKD. I am willing to back his judgment however he works things out.

Comment

Working...
                                X