No announcement yet.

NRL Sydney Roosters players consider legal action over match-fixing claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing battle in a civil court has nothing to do with the truth and has everything to do with how much money you are prepared to invest in a trial.
    Who ever can spin the best story wins, regardless as to whether it's true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by murry View Post
      Doing battle in a civil court has nothing to do with the truth and has everything to do with how much money you are prepared to invest in a trial.
      Who ever can spin the best story wins, regardless as to whether it's true or not.
      What?

If Magnay's sources come forward and say what they said in the newspaper then the players are ****ed... there's no spinning about it.

Comment

Bring it on!!

Fark these media hacks, sue the pricks.

Chook.

Comment

The article and match fixing allegations has tarnished the reputations of all players in the final game.

The players can sue for defamation. The club cannot sue for defamation as there are restrictions on corporate entities doing so

Frankly, while unlikely to happen, I'd like to see the players take on the paper. It will achieve one of 2 things: either, the players (and club) are cleared of the allegations because the SMH cannot establish a defence of truth; or, if the SMH prove the allegations then the players involved are identified and can be booted out

Win/Win as far as I'm concerned. If players are involved in match fixing, I don't care how big of a name they might be, how much potential they might have, or the fact we might cop another spoon. Fark them out of the club straight away

Comment

I honestly believe this started from 'The Wall' where I read about it just after the end of the game. The way I see it is a few people read it and told someone who then told someone and you get the picture until the stage where people started to treat it as fact because everyone knew about it.

Then you've got your heroes who like to think they are in the know and fed the Telegraph all the quotes they could ever need to build an article or in this case a lot of articles.

I know the theory is pretty out there but just seems to be the way a lot of rumours start and end. A few people joined a few dots and thought that they'd start a story out of it.

E.g

The Roosters V Cowboys game wasn't the only game that was suspended on the TAB in the last round for those who remember the Sharks V Rabbitohs games was also suspended. The Sharks were slight outsiders and had the line at -2.5

The Bunnies ended up winning by 2 with Wing missing a pretty simple conversion even though he seemed to strike it pretty well.

See anyone can join dots and make it seem suspicious

Either this or where there's smoke there's fire... not really sure what to believe anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X