Is Kearney the worst coach ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kearney the worst coach ever?

Terrible selection and rotation during and for the game, they need to play direct and cut down on the offloads.. Bromich and Taylor ate into the game time JWH and FPN should have played tonight. Kearney is a useless prick! Moa, Eastwood, Inu left out?? Kearney is a goose! Oh the lads the lads...

I agree that he's a dud coach, but not for the reasons you cite. I thought Bromwich was really great tonight making good meters and offloading, and he used FPN really well - as I mentioned on the other thread he was instrumental for the Kiwis.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
      I agree that he's a dud coach, but not for the reasons you cite. I thought Bromwich was really great tonight making good meters and offloading, and he used FPN really well - as I mentioned on the other thread he was instrumental for the Kiwis.
      Broms offloads were crap, far too many mistakes..

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
        Broms offloads were crap, far too many mistakes..
        That would be Broms fault though.

Comment

I'd love to know how Kasiano got picked ahead of Moa.....

Comment

Brian Smith gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
              Brian Smith gets my vote
              Brian Smith?

You mean the man who took us from last to a GF in one year. Sure me made some bad decisions for us in 2011-2012 but if he didn't do what he did in 2010 we wouldn't have won in 2013 IMO. By no means is he a great coach but he blooded in a lot of young guns.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                Brian Smith?

You mean the man who took us from last to a GF in one year. Sure me made some bad decisions for us in 2011-2012 but if he didn't do what he did in 2010 we wouldn't have won in 2013 IMO. By no means is he a great coach but he blooded in a lot of young guns.
                Yep that's him the bloke uncle nick moved on at the end of last year. there is a reason Smith has never lifted the silverware in a very long career and its not bad luck imo.

Comment

Yep that's him the bloke uncle nick moved on at the end of last year. there is a reason Smith has never lifted the silverware in a very long career and its not bad luck imo.
                  I think the addition of MJ,SBW, maloney, moa, LOD plus a fit Cordner in one year, went a long way to helping robbo win the premiership, add those players to parra with hayne and mannah, you might see parra holding the trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    I think the addition of MJ,SBW, maloney, moa, LOD plus a fit Cordner in one year, went a long way to helping robbo win the premiership, add those players to parra with hayne and mannah, you might see parra holding the trophy.
                    And a great coach helped.In fact i reckon under robbo we will win back to back premierships, he will go on to coach Nsw and Australia and become one of the greatest coaches this club has ever had.Just my opinion of course but 1 from 1 is a pretty good start for a rookie coach.

Comment

And a great coach helped.In fact i reckon under robbo we will win back to back premierships, he will go on to coach Nsw and Australia and become one of the greatest coaches this club has ever had.Just my opinion of course but 1 from 1 is a pretty good start for a rookie coach.
                      I hope he doesn't coach NSW and Australia, at least not when he's with us. The rep coach jobs should be for coaches who aren't coaching a first grade team.

Comment

He's average, but certainly not the worst.

Just have a quick reminisce at a few from the lol's rich coaching history...

Craig Coleman
                        Arthur Katinas
                        Paul Langmack
                        Steve Martin
                        Shaun McRae

...And that's only from since the NRL started in 98!

It's ALWAYS LOL time!

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                          He's average, but certainly not the worst.

Just have a quick reminisce at a few from the lol's rich coaching history...

Craig Coleman
                          Arthur Katinas
                          Paul Langmack
                          Steve Martin
                          Shaun McRae

...And that's only from since the NRL started in 98!

It's ALWAYS LOL time!
                          Anthony Griffin doesn't fill me with any great confidence. Chris Anderson won a premiership but was also responsible for the '1 marker' plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster View Post
                            Anthony Griffin doesn't fill me with any great confidence. Chris Anderson won a premiership but was also responsible for the '1 marker' plan.
                            dOpes from memory is the one of the very few to win GFs in both the UK and here as both a player and coach. (Mal Reilly is the only other I can recall???)

He won 2 comps here as a coach with different clubs, a rare feat in itself.

He was one of the last successful captain coaches winning the comp and Challenge Cup from 5/8 I'm sure. (He was a winger in Australia)

He also coached and played for Australia with major success. Played in the first ever SOO game too.

Even though he was past it when he took over at our club, the man is one of the most underrated RL player/coaches IMO.

Last edited by stsae; 11-26-2013, 12:37 AM.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X