Your favourite Minichiello moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite Minichiello moment

Hard to go past him lifting up the trophy in 2013 but the one that always sticks out for me isn't in a Roosters jersey but a NSW jersey.

I can't remember what year it was but QLD had the ball for what felt like an eternity, set after set after set on our goal line, NSW were on the ropes and absolutely buggered. Then at the end of one set after about 8 minutes of consistent & relentless pressure QLD put in a grubber kick and Mini picked it up broke the line in his typical style and ran 70 metres to put his side in great field position. We went on to win and the defence got all the praise, which it deserved but without that run who knows what would have happened NSW were absolutely spent and would've struggled to make it past their own 20 metre line. It was a great play from a great player.

For me it just sums up his career, at his peak he was dominating at the highest level (State of Origin), he could take a great kick or pick up a kick after a great set from the attacking side and in just one kick return turn the momentum of the game completely in his sides favour, his workrate was second to none he turned up on every play every week... he is the ultimate team player.

So what's your favourite Mini moment?

The full lengther against St George after the siren.

Comment

In recent times it's hard to go past the try he scored on Anzac Day in 2012 and also his great run-down on Merritt against Souffs in rnd 26.

However there are many more from the past, such as when he run down Rudder (i think he was the player) against the Knights in 02, the try he scored against the Sharks in the first semi in 02 again, where Rabbs described him as 'the flyinggg Anthony Minichiello', the try he scored of Toups' offload against the Broncos at suncorp off the kick-off in 05, and of course the try he scored against the Dragons on the siren in 2002.

I guess there are too many to pick from haha

Comment

It's not my favourite but he scored a try against Canberra wth broken ankle I think.. As I said not exactly my fav moment but something I will never forget.

Length field try was awesome!

Comment

His birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Hard to go past him lifting up the trophy in 2013 but the one that always sticks out for me isn't in a Roosters jersey but a NSW jersey.

I can't remember what year it was but QLD had the ball for what felt like an eternity, set after set after set on our goal line, NSW were on the ropes and absolutely buggered. Then at the end of one set after about 8 minutes of consistent & relentless pressure QLD put in a grubber kick and Mini picked it up broke the line in his typical style and ran 70 metres to put his side in great field position. We went on to win and the defence got all the praise, which it deserved but without that run who knows what would have happened NSW were absolutely spent and would've struggled to make it past their own 20 metre line. It was a great play from a great player.

For me it just sums up his career, at his peak he was dominating at the highest level (State of Origin), he could take a great kick or pick up a kick after a great set from the attacking side and in just one kick return turn the momentum of the game completely in his sides favour, his workrate was second to none he turned up on every play every week... he is the ultimate team player.

So what's your favourite Mini moment?
            I am sure that was 05 game 3 in QLD, I remb cause i flew uo for that one
            " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

hoisting the gf trophy in 2013 and when he lifted in 02 when he was such a boy.

one of the favourites was when he stole the ball , one on one against the dullbogs. a prop was over the line and about to get ready to score the try but mini nicked it and everyone thought, including the commentators, it was a try until the prop noticed the ball wasn't under him anymore and mini was up to the 20 line with the ball
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Sonjay Billy Bob View Post
                His birth.
                classic

mate can u send me the link to that vid u got I want to send it to a souffs mate
                " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

2002 GF, late in the first half with the game in the balance. We are inside Kiwis 20 on the attack, the Warrior's winger intercepts and would've scored with Diamond up in the line ... Mini (playing on the opposite wing) ran him down by the halfway line...... real game turner.

Also 2 weeks earlier semi against Newcastle, scores are locked 6 all, Sean Rudder makes a break from the scrum, a certainty to score ...Mini flies from nowhere and tackles him one metre out ..... 2 tackles later Fitzy intercepts and runs the length ....game turner, we go on to win the match and the premiership.

Also in 2002, his length of the field try against St.G as the half time siren sounded with Gasnier chasing and not making any impression.

Comment

His try again Dragons on Anzac day this year and his ball strip on Murdoc-Masilla last year.

Comment

In the two premiership winning seasons that Anthony "Mini" Minichiello has played in he has performed try saving tackles in crucial moments of crucial games in those seasons against the Newcastle Knights, the Auckland Warriors and the South Sydney Rabbitohs. All three of these moments turned those matches in our favour and we may not have been able to win the games without them.

I do recall a try he scored against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the season 2002 semi final match with the ball taking a wicked deflection back towards Anthony after it seemed certain it had been kicked far too deep.

Comment

Don't remember what year,(probably around 2005) but a length of the field try against broncos at Lang Park, but then again as a Queensland Rooster, any try against the Broncos is my favourite.
                        There's a reason why the young and idealistic become the old and cynical.
                        It's called experience.

Comment

His try saving effort in the 2002 GF..when he ran down the Warriors winger.

Also his length of the field effort against the Dragons 8 weeks earlier.....I thought it was Cooper who couldn't catch him.
                          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

Also 2 weeks earlier semi against Newcastle, scores are locked 6 all, Sean Rudder makes a break from the scrum, a certainty to score ...Mini flies from nowhere and tackles him one metre out ..... 2 tackles later Fitzy intercepts and runs the length ....game turner, we go on to win the match and the premiership.

Also in 2002, his length of the field try against St.G as the half time siren sounded with Gasnier chasing and not making any impression.
                            These two

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyHarry View Post
                              Don't remember what year,(probably around 2005) but a length of the field try against broncos at Lang Park, but then again as a Queensland Rooster, any try against the Broncos is my favourite.
                              It was the 2nd last round in 2005, he scored two great tries that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X